The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

they said something about the women from france being nude to promote the game 
nerd.gif

5 of the German players posed almost-nude for Playboy. The pics are great
smile.gif

nerd.gif

smile.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

nerd.gif

smile.gif

Not from our national team, just Womens Bundesliga players.

nerd.gif

smile.gif

Originally Posted by engoi

nerd.gif

smile.gif

Ah okay. Looks like I gotta start watching some women's Bundesliga.

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

So y'all gooners lost clichy, about to lose cesc + nasri, maybe even Walcott to Chelsea...

...and maybe even Song to jail? http://bit.ly/lfb4az
nerd.gif

We arent losing any of those 3.

Hope Song didnt actually do anything.

Originally Posted by engoi

nerd.gif

smile.gif

Ah okay. Looks like I gotta start watching some women's Bundesliga.

So y'all gooners lost clichy, about to lose cesc + nasri, maybe even Walcott to Chelsea...

nerd.gif

We arent losing any of those 3.

Hope Song didnt actually do anything.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Real Madrid has completed the signing of Fabio Coentrão from Benfica for 30 million euros. The Portuguese left-back becomes the 5th signing of Real Madrid this off-season. The player had been on Jose Mourinho’s shortlist as early as last season after the player’s successful 2010 World Cup and consistent club form. Coentrão wasn’t just a defender for Benfica, he was an offensive outlet; a player that would push forward on a consistent basis to provide width and help break down opposing defense using his pace. I imagine the interest of Chelsea following the appointment of Andres Villas-Boas along with the long term petition of Jose Mourinho accelerated Florentino Perez to get the signing done as soon as possible.

I'm torn by this signing. On one hand, Real Madrid signs a good player: a player that can provide quality width from left full back that also has chemistry with Cristiano Ronaldo as seen on the Portuguese national team. On the other, Real Madrid just agreed to pay €30m for a left wing back... one that may not even start on paper due to the brilliant season Marcelo just had. The Brazilian is coming off his best season yet, one that earned him a spot on UEFAs starting XI. It wasn’t just quality, it was consistency and durability. After all, Marcelo played 4436 minutes last season in 3 competitions… that’s 4th most on the team behind the likes of Iker Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso. Therefore, it was obvious that a left-back was needed to take pressure off the Brazilian from playing every fixture. Coentrão will provide this without missing a beat in quality but does it warrant the price tag?  You don't pay €30m for a substitute do you? Or is this amplified call to arms between Real Madrid and Barcelona changing that rule? The signing of Coentrão and the eventual Barcelona signing of Cesc Fàbregas may prove this so. – RV
I like the signing for the depth alone, but it also gives Jose more lineup options. Di Maria also played a lot of minutes and was ran like a horse in pivotal games toward the end. Marcelo can be used at LW more and in the big matches I think he would be great as a supersub.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Real Madrid has completed the signing of Fabio Coentrão from Benfica for 30 million euros. The Portuguese left-back becomes the 5th signing of Real Madrid this off-season. The player had been on Jose Mourinho’s shortlist as early as last season after the player’s successful 2010 World Cup and consistent club form. Coentrão wasn’t just a defender for Benfica, he was an offensive outlet; a player that would push forward on a consistent basis to provide width and help break down opposing defense using his pace. I imagine the interest of Chelsea following the appointment of Andres Villas-Boas along with the long term petition of Jose Mourinho accelerated Florentino Perez to get the signing done as soon as possible.

I'm torn by this signing. On one hand, Real Madrid signs a good player: a player that can provide quality width from left full back that also has chemistry with Cristiano Ronaldo as seen on the Portuguese national team. On the other, Real Madrid just agreed to pay €30m for a left wing back... one that may not even start on paper due to the brilliant season Marcelo just had. The Brazilian is coming off his best season yet, one that earned him a spot on UEFAs starting XI. It wasn’t just quality, it was consistency and durability. After all, Marcelo played 4436 minutes last season in 3 competitions… that’s 4th most on the team behind the likes of Iker Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso. Therefore, it was obvious that a left-back was needed to take pressure off the Brazilian from playing every fixture. Coentrão will provide this without missing a beat in quality but does it warrant the price tag?  You don't pay €30m for a substitute do you? Or is this amplified call to arms between Real Madrid and Barcelona changing that rule? The signing of Coentrão and the eventual Barcelona signing of Cesc Fàbregas may prove this so. – RV
I like the signing for the depth alone, but it also gives Jose more lineup options. Di Maria also played a lot of minutes and was ran like a horse in pivotal games toward the end. Marcelo can be used at LW more and in the big matches I think he would be great as a supersub.

indifferent.gif
@ almost half the Portuguese NT being on Madrid

Hopefully Coentrao doesn't turn into a @#$% like Pepe,Carvalho, and CR.

indifferent.gif

Finally got my Coentrao move to Madrid, perhaps not at the price expected. I've heard Villa-Boas' recent interested expedited the negotiations between Florentino Perez and Benfica. Supposedly Benfica wasn't all that interested in taking on Garay. Let's keep in mind both Coentrao and Marcelo are versatile enough to play a LAM role much like Gareth Bale, and Coentrao's link-up play with CR7 is another big positive bonus at the Bernabeu. 
Those judging Neymar off one performance against Venezuela are making a mistake. The kid is for real and I have no doubts that he will be a top 5 player by the next WC. I fully expect him to join Madrid this summer despite Santos public declaration to keep him. 40m pounds is far too much to pass up on.

I firmly believe Sneijder will end up at Old Trafford with further pressure from Fergie. 35m pounds sounds about right for the Dutchman's services. 

My hunch is Nasri winds up at City based on the package they're offering, especially if Utd closes on Sneijder leaving Nasri and Modric available to other Premier League suitors. 

Rumors out of the Chelsea camp are that Anelka and Sturridge could be on the way out. Drogba is staying another year at Stamford Bridge along with the imminent addition of Falcao. Lukaku should be a Chelsea man shortly. 

What ever happened to Rossi being a sure Barca addition? I'm a bit surprised they prioritized Alexis Sanchez over Rossi considering the Italian fits better with Barcelona's scheme and playing style. 

I'm going to be keeping a close eye on Souleymane Coulibaly.

Finally got my Coentrao move to Madrid, perhaps not at the price expected. I've heard Villa-Boas' recent interested expedited the negotiations between Florentino Perez and Benfica. Supposedly Benfica wasn't all that interested in taking on Garay. Let's keep in mind both Coentrao and Marcelo are versatile enough to play a LAM role much like Gareth Bale, and Coentrao's link-up play with CR7 is another big positive bonus at the Bernabeu. 
Those judging Neymar off one performance against Venezuela are making a mistake. The kid is for real and I have no doubts that he will be a top 5 player by the next WC. I fully expect him to join Madrid this summer despite Santos public declaration to keep him. 40m pounds is far too much to pass up on.

I firmly believe Sneijder will end up at Old Trafford with further pressure from Fergie. 35m pounds sounds about right for the Dutchman's services. 

My hunch is Nasri winds up at City based on the package they're offering, especially if Utd closes on Sneijder leaving Nasri and Modric available to other Premier League suitors. 

Rumors out of the Chelsea camp are that Anelka and Sturridge could be on the way out. Drogba is staying another year at Stamford Bridge along with the imminent addition of Falcao. Lukaku should be a Chelsea man shortly. 

What ever happened to Rossi being a sure Barca addition? I'm a bit surprised they prioritized Alexis Sanchez over Rossi considering the Italian fits better with Barcelona's scheme and playing style. 

I'm going to be keeping a close eye on Souleymane Coulibaly.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

indifferent.gif

but what about barca lol, no shots isnt it like 7 of the 11 are on spain's national starting 11

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

indifferent.gif

but what about barca lol, no shots isnt it like 7 of the 11 are on spain's national starting 11

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

i hope to all things holy that wesley ends up at united

what is city offering?

im sayin right, i thought rossi to barca was a done deal already, like 2 months ago

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

i hope to all things holy that wesley ends up at united

what is city offering?

im sayin right, i thought rossi to barca was a done deal already, like 2 months ago

nerd.gif
Arsenal are a joke right now.

Moving slow as molasses to address glaring, crater-sized holes in the squad while their EPL rivals laugh and lure their players away with promises of better money and trophies.  Can't blame anyone for leaving the Emirates at this point; the supporters, players, anyone who's paid any attention to Arsenal over the past few years has to be thinking "Same *#%%, different season" when looking ahead to 2011-12.

First priority should have been signing one or two quality CBs.  Instead, they sign Gervinho.  Brilliant.

nerd.gif
Arsenal are a joke right now.

Moving slow as molasses to address glaring, crater-sized holes in the squad while their EPL rivals laugh and lure their players away with promises of better money and trophies.  Can't blame anyone for leaving the Emirates at this point; the supporters, players, anyone who's paid any attention to Arsenal over the past few years has to be thinking "Same *#%%, different season" when looking ahead to 2011-12.

First priority should have been signing one or two quality CBs.  Instead, they sign Gervinho.  Brilliant.

Villareal's stance on the Rossi asking price was strict and he is a player who would warrant a starting place. As far as Sanchez, there is a bit of flexibility as far playing time right away. Rossi would be able to relegate Villa to the bench in my opinion.

Villareal's stance on the Rossi asking price was strict and he is a player who would warrant a starting place. As far as Sanchez, there is a bit of flexibility as far playing time right away. Rossi would be able to relegate Villa to the bench in my opinion.

Question for Arsenal-supporters:
is there a chance Arsene Wenger leaving Arsenal ?
Kroenke and Usmanov are apparently both scrooges.

Question for Arsenal-supporters:
is there a chance Arsene Wenger leaving Arsenal ?
Kroenke and Usmanov are apparently both scrooges.

Back
Top Bottom