The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

tired.gif

There's no defending Arsene Wenger's penny pinching ways, but I would give it time in this current transfer window. Wenger guaranteed big July signings starting with Gervinho who many think can be an Eto'o-type player. There's no doubt Gunners need to have a BIG 2011-2012 campaign with some sort of trophy to end the drought. I don't think Walcott is leaving, but let's say Gervinho comes in to replace Arshavin/Bendtner and Samba/Cahill come to Emirates for Squillaci. Clichy's move to City is manageable given his recent decline and the potential emergence of Gibbs, a young LB I personally like. The only real major loss is the imminent departure of Fabregas. In that case the Arsenal board should give Nasri exactly what he wants in wages to match their current skipper and lock the Little Prince up long-term. Now I've said all along that I foresee Nasri ending up at Eastlands given the wage dispute (90,000 vs. 110,000 pounds per week), Arsenal's fear to lose Nasri on a free transfer like they did with Flamini, United's lack of seriousness to pursue Nasri fully and going for Sneijder full force instead, and Nasri's personal frustration to win trophies. With that being said, City is really headed in the right direction with their summer moves with Silva and Nasri creating in the midfield. I've heard 19m pounds ($30 million U.S.) will get the job done complemented with a wage structure that meets Nasri's demands. All this assuming they somehow convince Tevez to stay and actually be happy. Kun would be the closest replacement IMO but either Aguero or Lavezzi would be a huge drop-off from Carlos Tevez.
Bottom line I've accepted Wenger will never spend the money to buy Lloris and Sakho from France all but solidifying a great attacking squad that simply needs strengthening at the back. However, Wenger's lack of conviction to address the Fabregas situation may cost him Samir Nasri as well, a truly crippling loss. Szczesny, Vermaelen, Song, Wilshere, RVP, Walcott, and Chamakh is a solid core but perhaps not enough to win trophies or the Premier League given the loss of such a young, bright creative midfielder unlocking defenses. 

There's no defending Arsene Wenger's penny pinching ways, but I would give it time in this current transfer window. Wenger guaranteed big July signings starting with Gervinho who many think can be an Eto'o-type player. There's no doubt Gunners need to have a BIG 2011-2012 campaign with some sort of trophy to end the drought. I don't think Walcott is leaving, but let's say Gervinho comes in to replace Arshavin/Bendtner and Samba/Cahill come to Emirates for Squillaci. Clichy's move to City is manageable given his recent decline and the potential emergence of Gibbs, a young LB I personally like. The only real major loss is the imminent departure of Fabregas. In that case the Arsenal board should give Nasri exactly what he wants in wages to match their current skipper and lock the Little Prince up long-term. Now I've said all along that I foresee Nasri ending up at Eastlands given the wage dispute (90,000 vs. 110,000 pounds per week), Arsenal's fear to lose Nasri on a free transfer like they did with Flamini, United's lack of seriousness to pursue Nasri fully and going for Sneijder full force instead, and Nasri's personal frustration to win trophies. With that being said, City is really headed in the right direction with their summer moves with Silva and Nasri creating in the midfield. I've heard 19m pounds ($30 million U.S.) will get the job done complemented with a wage structure that meets Nasri's demands. All this assuming they somehow convince Tevez to stay and actually be happy. Kun would be the closest replacement IMO but either Aguero or Lavezzi would be a huge drop-off from Carlos Tevez.
Bottom line I've accepted Wenger will never spend the money to buy Lloris and Sakho from France all but solidifying a great attacking squad that simply needs strengthening at the back. However, Wenger's lack of conviction to address the Fabregas situation may cost him Samir Nasri as well, a truly crippling loss. Szczesny, Vermaelen, Song, Wilshere, RVP, Walcott, and Chamakh is a solid core but perhaps not enough to win trophies or the Premier League given the loss of such a young, bright creative midfielder unlocking defenses. 

watching these U17 matches...aint NO way half these dudes is 16 & under
roll.gif

Some of these dudes like mid-20's!

watching these U17 matches...aint NO way half these dudes is 16 & under
roll.gif

Some of these dudes like mid-20's!

I'm putting faith in Wenger.

Charlie Adam to Liverpool to be completed within 24 hrs.

Savic has completed move to City.

And...Gervinho is having a medical done, rumor is he is going to be announced officially as an Arsenal player tomorrow.

Savic has completed move to City.

And...Gervinho is having a medical done, rumor is he is going to be announced officially as an Arsenal player tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

To me, the second item contradicts the first statement.

8 mil for a proven EPL midfielder in Adam or 11 mil for a unknown quantity, relative to the EPL, in Gervinho?

Of course, Arsenal chooses the latter.

I've wanted Arsenal to sign Adam ever since there was talk of him leaving Blackpool in January's transfer window.  His quality on the ball, toughness, and creativity are all tailor-made for Arsenal football, and yet they don't even give him a look while preparing to lose Cesc and Nasri.  $%@%*%@ ludicrous.

I hate to sound negative all the time regarding Arsenal, but I just have no idea what they're doing right now.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

To me, the second item contradicts the first statement.

8 mil for a proven EPL midfielder in Adam or 11 mil for a unknown quantity, relative to the EPL, in Gervinho?

Of course, Arsenal chooses the latter.

I've wanted Arsenal to sign Adam ever since there was talk of him leaving Blackpool in January's transfer window.  His quality on the ball, toughness, and creativity are all tailor-made for Arsenal football, and yet they don't even give him a look while preparing to lose Cesc and Nasri.  $%@%*%@ ludicrous.

I hate to sound negative all the time regarding Arsenal, but I just have no idea what they're doing right now.

So I've been trying to figure it out online but I suck with time zones 
laugh.gif
. Can anyone tell me at what time the Colombia v. Argentina comes on in EST? It is today right?

So I've been trying to figure it out online but I suck with time zones 
laugh.gif
. Can anyone tell me at what time the Colombia v. Argentina comes on in EST? It is today right?

Ricardo Alvarez signs with Inter. Very talented kid with skill. Pupi making the call to congratulate his fellow countryman and new teammate. Gotta love El Pupi!

Hope he makes an immediate impact.

Predictions on this Argentina v Colombia game?

Ricardo Alvarez signs with Inter. Very talented kid with skill. Pupi making the call to congratulate his fellow countryman and new teammate. Gotta love El Pupi!

Hope he makes an immediate impact.

Predictions on this Argentina v Colombia game?

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

jw what made malaga decide to start adding talent? i randomly did a season in fifa with my created player on malaga and won la liga on legendary so i have some interest in the team
laugh.gif

like DLo13said they got Oil Money, signings for malaga are
  • Jeremy Toulalan from Lyon for10million
  • Ruud van Nistelrooy from Hamburg for Free
  • Sergio Sanchez from Sevilla for 2.8million
  • Joris Mathijsen from Hamburg for 2million
  • Joaquin from Valencia for 4million
  • Nacho Monreal from Osasuna for 6million
  • Martin Demichelis from Bayern Munich for 3million
Toulalan's switch got me interested cuz picked a semi good team (Lyon) to make a 5 star in my FIFA11 manager
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

jw what made malaga decide to start adding talent? i randomly did a season in fifa with my created player on malaga and won la liga on legendary so i have some interest in the team
laugh.gif

like DLo13said they got Oil Money, signings for malaga are
  • Jeremy Toulalan from Lyon for10million
  • Ruud van Nistelrooy from Hamburg for Free
  • Sergio Sanchez from Sevilla for 2.8million
  • Joris Mathijsen from Hamburg for 2million
  • Joaquin from Valencia for 4million
  • Nacho Monreal from Osasuna for 6million
  • Martin Demichelis from Bayern Munich for 3million
Toulalan's switch got me interested cuz picked a semi good team (Lyon) to make a 5 star in my FIFA11 manager
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom