The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by env

still wondering how my boy Juniho got a red card

This.

And that bum Taino with the clear choke hold, no red card for him
indifferent.gif

Embarrassing play from Chelsea. Honestly, we're talking about Genk here. To their credit, they played really well but there were so many missed opportunities. I'm starting to get sick of this 4-3-3 formation, it clearly hasn't been effective enough and my god is our defense horrendous or what? Bosingwa is such trash, get that unibrow off the field immediately. AVB really needs to sort this out, this is unacceptable play from a top club.

AC Milan SMH
Chelsea SMH (Commentators on FSC were killing Luiz calling him Sideshow Bob LOL)
Arsenal SMH

Barca setup nicely to win the group with the Milan draw. Glad to see Alexis Sanchez back playing and Cuenca fitting in nicely.

As for the match today we just looked tired. It was a much more open game than in France but we looked a half yard behind what we were trying to do.  Defence looked good and its great to have TV back out there though.

I know Szczesny is a huge talent and his confidence is a major part of his potential world class keeper makeup but he needs to cut out trying to dummy strikers with the ball at his feet in the box. Yes it worked today and against Chelsea but its going to cost us eventually. Just hoof it forward, dont risk it. We've thrown away one trophy with him in goal due to a mistake so let get rid of the bad habits now please.

Santos is great going forward but his defensive positioning is horrible. As bad as it was I did enjoy seeing Theo fly down the flank to cover him when he (Santos) was caught too far forward. Pure speed.
pimp.gif
 On the subject of Theo, his turn and run in space was absolutely fantastic I'd love to see more of that (If you watched the game you know what I'm talking about). He played great on Saturday and he was good today. He made some good runs that sadly went unnoticed (and I have no doubt he would have scored had Aaron spotted him in the 3 sec he had the ball at his feet in the box) and he should have at least ended with a assist when he squared it to Park but his touch was too heavy. keep it up young man.

With a win we were assured at least 2nd place, but on the bright side since of the draw now Arsene cant get complacent and get lazy with the player selection and we will hopefully aim to finish 1st so we escape facing a team like Barcelona early....again. I would have been nice to lock our spot in the round of 16 today, but taking 4 points from OM was our goal going into these last two CL matches and thanks to Aaron's late winner in France we achieved that.

We NEED to beat Dortmund to help knock them out of the CL so hopefully they will be more willing to sell Gotze in January..... yes I'm dreaming here. Well while I'm dreaming hopefully Lille gets eliminated too and they are more willing to sell Hazard to us in January as well.

On to WBA, go Gunners!

^ You really think that Arsene is going to cough up the 40m quid that it is going to take to get Hazard?

hugebird wrote:
^ You really think that Arsene is going to cough up the 40m quid that it is going to take to get Hazard?

laugh.gif
 No of course not but I dont think he is really worth that much anyways. He's young and realativly inexperenced and hasnt shown out on the big stage in the CL thus far despite his immence talent. Lille's president said he wanted that much but I dont think he realistically thinks he'll get that much for him, he just slapped that price tag to drive up potential bidders.

Gotze is a far more important piece to go after imo. We lack creativity in the midfield, Aaron isnt ready, and I'm not sure Jack is ready to be the main playmaker either and as we saw last year he can play the the deeper CM role quite well so I say leave him there just in front of Song.

First time Rooney, Owen and Berba are playing together... very interesting.
EDIT ~ But just like that, Owen's off after 10mins... precautionary, but still... 
frown.gif

I feel for the guy... 

Hazard is an exceptional talent, and maybe capable of playing more in the hole as he further improves/refines his game. If Pastore can be sold for 45 million Euros, than Hazard can surely fetch something similar. Gotze will probably be out of Arsenal's range considering Bayern and perhaps Madrid among others will pursue. He would be a perfect fit for Arsenal and Wenger's style, though.

The final 20mins of the Bayern vs Napoli game were crazy! I thought Napoli was going to fight all the way back and get something from it.

abovelegit1 wrote:
Hazard is an exceptional talent, and maybe capable of playing more in the hole as he further improves/refines his game. If Pastore can be sold for 45 million Euros, than Hazard can surely fetch something similar. Gotze will probably be out of Arsenal's range considering Bayern and perhaps Madrid among others will pursue. He would be a perfect fit for Arsenal and Wenger's style, though.

I originally typed out a response of how maybe we could get each player for less (ex: How many of the big spending clubs need Hazard? Would Dortmund sell Gotze within Germany?), but then I realized that I dont live in a dream world and that we realistically arent going to get either player. We just dont have the money or the allure that other clubs have so their is no point in getting my hopes up.
frown.gif

Oh well, in Arsene we trust.

Back
Top Bottom