The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

I love when there's a great 11ET Sunday game leading into the NFL slate.
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
at the fact that FSC still doesn't have HD in all markets though.
Silva, Nasri and Aguero up to. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Pool-City is even late. Balotelli on as a sub and get sent on if about 15 minutes.

Pool now with an advantage, on comes Andy Carroll to blow easy winning chances.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

indifferent.gif
at the fact that FSC still doesn't have HD in all markets though.
i know, right

at least one game every champions league matchday is shown on fsnhd around here though

OMG %*@* Barcelona - they play beautiful football but im seriously sick of their players praising Pep like he's a God or whatever.. its just getting annoying.

Originally Posted by I3

OMG %*@* Barcelona - they play beautiful football but im seriously sick of their players praising Pep like he's a God or whatever.. its just getting annoying.
Madrid and Man United players do the same for Mourinho and Sir Alex. Matter of fact half of Portugal treats Mourinho like a god
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

RIP Gary Speed
Apparently, he committed suicide... 
frown.gif

Came here to post this. It is possibly the biggest news in European football this week. 
It's so shocking because not only it was so sudden but with Welsh team going pretty well right now no one can really predict what was really happening with Gary Speed life off the pitch. He even made a TV appearance the night before he committed suicide. Speed was a solid player and I know Gary Speed is not the most popular player amongst any football/soccer fan but this was the guy who was even respected by Man U fan when he played for Leeds (Man U and Leed rivalry is no joke). Just saw couple clips of Owen and Robbie Savage (fellow Welsh international teammates back in the day)...and boy, Robbie Savage was completely distraught by the news and tried so hard not to break down on TV. Bellamy was taken out of lineup today as well and Shay Given (former Newcastle teammates) shed some tears before the match when his current club Aston Villa paid tribute to Speed. It's really shocking what just happened.  
I really thought Wales national team has something special going on that might push themselves to finally qualify for WC in 2014 with guys like Bale and Ramsey on the squad as well as pretty good coaching by Speed. I thought he had a great leadership skill to lead such a young squad like Wales with some determination and focus. Soccer really lost one of gem this week and it's really sad
frown.gif

Rest in peace.  

SMH

Barca hired 10yr old japanese kid Takefusa Kubo.
He is considered the next Messi and will live with his mother at her own home and not at La Masia

Unrelated to anything, but I think I hate Luis Suarez more than any player in the world right now. I can't stand seeing him spend the majority of the match trying to get other players booked. It's shameful +!%+.

Just caught the Liverpool-City match. Liverpool is a quality side, but they're missing a clinical striker in front of goal. As his performances with Ururguay and Ajax have shown, Suarez is a good finisher, but at Liverpool he usually finds himself having to make the final pass instead of taking the shot in the final third. (bit like Messi in Argentina) Hope to see them pick up a true out and out front-man that can actually play the ball with his feet. Suarez should be playing that withdrawn second striker role, bit like his manager used to when he ruled Anfield.  

Honestly they're probably the best defensive side in the Premiership, especially in terms of organization. Just a shame they've scored the same amount of goals as Blackburn.

As for Lucas Leiva....wow.

Originally Posted by engoi

SMH

He is considered the next Messi and will live with his mother at her own home and not at La Masia
Right. Great name though. 

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

anyone have a gif. or a video of gareth bale and emmanual adebayor's celebration?
Can't find a gif yet
laugh.gif

Interviewer: "You've scored 4 goals this week and two of the goals so far you've celebrated with Gareth Bale with a little dance. Can you tell us what that's all about?"

Ade: "It's something I used to do in Togo with a lot of my national team mates. He saw me doing it on my own and he's like- 'oh, why don't you do it in a game when you score or when I score?' So I think we started that at Fulham where he had a chance to score not me, so we did it and we keep doing it. We're doing it whether you are scoring or I am scoring so we just have to keep doing it and it's going on very well for the team, for him and myself."

Interviewer: "Do you think he's a good dancer?"

Ade: "That [dance] is quite easy. Now I think we're gonna start getting into the more difficult ones and from there I can tell you whether he is a good dancer or not. But looking at the way he runs, the way he plays, I can tell he is not a good dancer (he smiles broadly). But we'll teach him some moves."

article-2066513-0EF3CA2300000578-48_634x437.jpg

Can't wait to see the "more difficult" dances
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by engoi

SMH

Right. Great name though. 

Too literall. Right now he is Messi when when he first got to La Masia as a preteen. As in the Barcelona youth coaches are saying the same things about him that they said about Messi and Iniesta at that age. Things they just don't say about every kid who happens to be killing it against overmatched competition.

Not saying anything about his future with certainty. He's 11 years old, we all know what that means, but some players do have "it" from an early age.

edit: Look him up on youtube though, kid is definitely going dumb, there's this one video from like three years ago that reminds me of that Joga Bonito commercial with a nine year old Ronnie.

Completely unrelated but I think we're going to see Japan really start churning out elite level talent this decade. Their federation really has their +@+* together over there.

damn that means i'm gonna have to watch more spurs games, with the ease that Emmanuel is scoring it should be no time before these dances are debuted

Man...this dude Adebayor been a dancer for awhile. I loved when him and Eboue used to dance together on the pitch 
laugh.gif

but meanwhile...enjoy this
laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

We'll see what Kubo is worth in 7 or 8 years.
So many were considered the next big thing (hello Freddy Adu !).

Pablo Osvaldo (AS Roma) suspended for beating a teammate 

Back
Top Bottom