The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

I feel bad for Torres now.

He's playing better, but still keeps #@!$!%! up at goal.

Honestly, in reality, he was the best player in the side, once again, despite the miss. Sturridge was horrid in supply, and going forward, no one was really much better than that.

I get that it's fun to pile on Torres, but TBH, he is the least of their worries, as the Chelsea attack is predictable, and there were very few chances created. Read Grant Holt's postgame comments about how they wanted to tactically approach the game, and they succeeded, and got a clean sheet.

Either there need to be players in, during the window, or AVB will have to adapt his tactics. It is the same thing I have said the entire campaign thus far, and I would like to continue to believe and trust AVB, but a manager's adaptability is a very important trait, and the lack of such is slightly alarming.

Just stumbled through to tomorrow's TV listing to find that the local Fox affiliate is delaying Utd/Arsenal to 12:30, showing ##%*!$$ infomercials instead of airing the game live.

Fox hypes the broadcast heavily and then can't even get their affiliates in line.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

eek.gif
what a strike by Robbie Keane... and a hat-trick by Dempsey!
eek.gif

The score was 1-0 to Newcastle at the half too! Now it's 5-2 to Fulham!

he scores with his left, he scores with his right.
that boy Clint Dempsey, makes drogba look shyte.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Just stumbled through to tomorrow's TV listing to find that the local Fox affiliate is delaying Utd/Arsenal to 12:30, showing ##%*!$$ infomercials instead of airing the game live.

Fox hypes the broadcast heavily and then can't even get their affiliates in line.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

thats so stupid im really dissapoint about that now 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by DLo13

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

thats so stupid im really dissapoint about that now 
frown.gif

Apparently it's isolated to a few markets (Atlanta, Miami, Milwaukee, Cleveland...).

It's on a two hour delay here (Atlanta), but not being shown until midnight in Miami.

I'll have to wake up, catch City/Spurs, then go for a long run to kill time and avoid the TV/internet.
ohwell.gif

Also, fair to say King Kenny would be under some heat if he wasn't a LFC legend? Maybe if they crash out of the Carling and FA Cups this week?

^Well the whole squad is under quite a bit of heat right now, and Kenny isn't immune to criticism. Legend or not, those Scousers aren't exactly known for their patience or for biting their tongues. That Gerrard/Adam pairing was doomed from the start against Bolton, as Stevie G requires a cover man because he gets forward so much, but Charlie Adam can't cover a damn thing. King Kenny is King Kenny though, and he has a contract, so I think he's locked in for another season at least. Obviously I don't know if it was his hand on the trigger or Commoli's for the transfers of Carroll, Downing, and Adam, but if it was Daglish then he'll definitely be feeling the heat from management. You don't spend some 60m quid on that kind of assorted garbage and not feel the pressure. That said, their defense is very strong, it's their attack in the final third that is absolutely awful.

Didn't get to comment on the last clasico on here, but as they say, "the images speak for themselves." New Barca kit is horrendous*, but I don't mind the orange one.

Dempsey
pimp.gif
And my boy Mo Edu scored again for the Rangers
pimp.gif

What a day. Two massive EPL fixtures + Barca/Real fixtures + NFL conference title games + some NBA action. Nice.
Spoiler [+]
409536_241530602590029_111264218950002_555209_415389069_n.jpg
sick.gif

What a dumb card by Clichy. I'd run Lennon at him constantly now (or even consider switching Bale).

Dzeko and Aguero have serious communication issues....

I simply wouldn't play them together...

Especially since Aguero likes to have a second striker...

Back
Top Bottom