The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

questionable call on Sergio Ramos, but that's payback for the 100 missed cards from last game and this game 
pimp.gif

roll.gif
@ Pepe of all people clapping at the referees
30t6p3b.gif
dumb @#$

Pinto is ALWAYS good for a freebie goal to Ronaldo. Leaving Ronaldo with an open net, letting the ball go through his legs, not tipping the ball over in the CDR final last year (not so much a freebie I guess, but Valdes could've saved that)

Barca had way too many awkward passes and turnovers today. Madrid was easily scooping up the stupid @#$ backpasses/backwards headers

Ozil was Madrid's best player today
pimp.gif
Benzema was raw too.

What a joke. I can't decide which team I hate more 
laugh.gif

watching this game almost makes me appreciate EPL referees 

Originally Posted by GMA 11

What a joke. I can't decide which team I hate more 
laugh.gif

watching this game almost makes me appreciate EPL referees 

La Liga refs have been horrible. The refereeing was absolutely terrible today for both sides and terrible last week as well for Barca. Even outside of El Clasicos, there have been so many missed penalty calls that would've resulted in Barca winning some games instead of tying/losing (not saying they deserved to win those games though. They played like @#$% so I'm not complaining too much)

Nervy last 15+ minutes for Barca but extremely delighted to move on in CDR and to keep the unbeaten streak alive against RM. Defense was pretty shaky but the result is what matters.

As the days in this window close with us doing @@$% all despite major problems, watching this makes me excited about the future of Arsenal Football Club.

I dont expect for him to have a game like this everyday at his age now but the talent is there for him to be a star in the future. 

The Ox.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Madrid may have some dirty players, Pepe being the biggest offender, but Barcas play-acting RUINS the game for me. Not that Madrid doesn't do it either but Barca take it to another level. It's disgusting.

Originally Posted by trunks206

As the days in this window close with us doing @@$% all despite major problems, watching this makes me excited about the future of Arsenal Football Club.

I dont expect for him to have a game like this everyday at his age now but the talent is there for him to be a star in the future.�

The Ox.�
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This, truly exciting
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Madrid may have some dirty players, Pepe being the biggest offender, but Barcas play-acting RUINS the game for me. Not that Madrid doesn't do it either but Barca take it to another level. It's disgusting.
Barca players hardly every dive against other teams. Even in last weeks game and the La Liga match against Madrid, none of our players were diving. However when a ref is simply ignoring blatant fouls and rash tackles, THAT'S when Barca players dive. Pique even admitted this in an interview after one of the games last year. Like Fabregas today: he basically got back at Pepe's diving by doing the exact same thing Pepe did last week (hand barely brushing the face, falling down). How often do you hear of Fabregas or Pique diving? I don't approve of diving but I don't blame them either.

Why don't Madrid players get called out for "play acting" when they consistently perform red-card worthy tackles and then get up with their hands above their heads, as if to say they didn't do @#$% ?

Originally Posted by engoi

Sir Alex considered in the past a retirement and Mourinho explained his will to coach in England again,
so it could be a chance for Manchester United to sign him.

Malaga now without permission to buy players.
They have still to pay for an Osasuna player.
roll.gif
I don't want him to coach United. 
Jose is a hitman...bring him in to win you a season or two, and then that's it. 

He's not a long term coach like Sir Alex.  I'd prefer someone like Harry Redknapp who looks at the overall success of the team over the long haul...

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Sir Alex considered in the past a retirement and Mourinho explained his will to coach in England again,
so it could be a chance for Manchester United to sign him.

Malaga now without permission to buy players.
They have still to pay for an Osasuna player.
roll.gif
I don't want him to coach United. 
Jose is a hitman...bring him in to win you a season or two, and then that's it. 

He's not a long term coach like Sir Alex.  I'd prefer someone like Harry Redknapp who looks at the overall success of the team over the long haul...
yup,same here...
no doubt Mourinho's the best out there but that personality...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

There's talk of holding out for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for that role in a few years.
i won't be surprised...i'm hoping for that to happen quite honestly...
pimp.gif

just look at what he achieved with Molde...
eek.gif
but before that he also did very well with Utd's reserve team...

Bolton sign Tim Ream to 3 and a half year deal
Nedum Onouha from city to QPR 4 and a half year deal
Alex is eager to join PSG no deal is in place yet
Bayern Munich announced that a new signing would be unveiled today BUT it fell through i guess
roll.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Barca players hardly every dive against other teams. Even in last weeks game and the La Liga match against Madrid, none of our players were diving. However when a ref is simply ignoring blatant fouls and rash tackles, THAT'S when Barca players dive. Pique even admitted this in an interview after one of the games last year. Like Fabregas today: he basically got back at Pepe's diving by doing the exact same thing Pepe did last week (hand barely brushing the face, falling down). How often do you hear of Fabregas or Pique diving? I don't approve of diving but I don't blame them either.

Why don't Madrid players get called out for "play acting" when they consistently perform red-card worthy tackles and then get up with their hands above their heads, as if to say they didn't do @#$% ?
I guess my beef is just with El Clasico then. It brings out the worst in each team. I really don't care what the reasons are, diving is diving and it ruins the sport. I'm not trying to be biased either, I have no vested interest in either Spanish club. Hell, I even hate it when players on my own team dive (Nani used to be much more flagrant with this. Haven't seen so much of it of late.)

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I dont expect for him to have a game like this everyday at his age now but the talent is there for him to be a star in the future.�

The Ox.�
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This, truly exciting
pimp.gif
the dude looks like he can ball 

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Bayern Munich announced that a new signing would be unveiled today BUT it fell through i guess
roll.gif

Incredible funny !
roll.gif
roll.gif

Some people really thougt Bayern would present Kaka or Tevez.
roll.gif
roll.gif

And the new signing were fans on the Bayern-facebook page.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

The Ox.�
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This, truly exciting
pimp.gif
the dude looks like he can ball 
Dude also played rugby so he's rather strong. I would see him start more often now.
Jack Wilshere suffered another setback apparently...was complaining about pain in his ankle.

I'm hoping we get to see Ryo or Park tomorrow

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

roll.gif

Incredible funny ! 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Some people really thougt Bayern would present Kaka or Tevez.
roll.gif
roll.gif

And the new signing were fans on the Bayern-facebook page.
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I guess my beef is just with El Clasico then. It brings out the worst in each team. I really don't care what the reasons are, diving is diving and it ruins the sport. I'm not trying to be biased either, I have no vested interest in either Spanish club. Hell, I even hate it when players on my own team dive (Nani used to be much more flagrant with this. Haven't seen so much of it of late.)
yeah I feel you. I used to hate Busquets (he's calmed down this season) and I still hate Dani Alves. Nani is one of my favorite players but his diving used to drive me insane. However when he got Ronaldo's goal disallowed (even though he wasn't offside)
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Started respecting dude much more
laugh.gif

I can co-sign that assessment, Boys Noize. The Clasico certainly brings out both the best and worst from the Spanish clubs. On that note, I can't say enough about La Masia. Their academy has produced countless world-class footballers.

However, once again I can't agree with nawlinsjunkie. It's been made clear that I'm a Madrid fan but I always call it like I see it. First, Pepe's actions are honestly appalling at times. I can't even defend his rash behavior. The Portuguese international is such a physical presence and solid defender, but he plays with his head too much and still has difficulty quelling his temper. Also, Lass should have been sent off for second yellow because of that cynical challenge on Messi before half. On the flip side, Ramos' sending off was far too harsh from the referee. Now back to your initial comment about diving, I do not find your assertion to be true, that Barca simply dives because the ref "ignores blatant fouls and rash tackles." The referee for this past Wednesday's match was bad both ways, not for one club in particular. In addition, there's a major difference between playing physical and playing dirty. I've said this before, Mourinho's game-plan has been clear. He's instructed the Madrid players to apply immense pressure on the ball and also put a body on key Catalan players like Messi. The purpose? To disrupt Barca's free-flowing rhythm and passing. Mourinho's tactics have worked to somewhat limit Messi's overall influence on the match. For the most part Pepe and Lass have done a brilliant job performing physically in the midfield to break up Barcelona's possession. With that being said, Pepe, Lass, and Coentrao (less than the other two Madrid players) do cross the line into overly physical challenges that could be judged cynical. I don't believe that to be Mourinho's intent or Madrid's purpose to harm/injure Guardiola's men. Matter of fact, I firmly believe Pep has been wise enough to protect his players by calling for them to "sell" calls and even dive at times to make the referee aware of Madrid's physical play.  
Bayern Munich's "spectacular new signing" was a hoax, merely a PR stunt that got their fans very excited then quickly disappointed. Although the Bavarian side was seriously in the market for another striker. 
PSG should end up with both Alex and Thiago Motta. 

Back
Top Bottom