The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

i dont understand marseille's stadium is that side thats visible to the cameras ever full with fans? all the times ive seen them play on FSC theres never people there
EDIT: 

well ironically the announcer just said why, its under construction over there

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

ChampCruThik wrote:
I would like to revisit this debate: Who do you guys think is the third best footballer in the world currently? Xavi, Iniesta, Rooney, Silva and RVP could all garner legitimate consideration. 

Ibra no question. 
Not a bad choice, but he's guilty of inconsistent performances. 2011-2012 has been one of Ibra's better campaigns, but the second-leg CL match at Emirates is a prime example of him disappearing/not stepping up when Milan needed it most. Caught off-sides on numerous occasions lazily. I'll admit the service wasn't great but that doesn't account completely for a lead striker's poor performance. I feel at times, KPB comes through with clutch/timely goals more so than Ibra. Key phrase being, at times. Some also accuse Ibra of lacking creativity, one-dimensional, and limited in his style and talents. 

No Garay for Benfica in central defense, could make a difference. 

Saw this debate late...

Son is a maestro...

I think he would have been at Barca if City didn't fork out that fat cheque book...
David-Silva-strike-helps-Manchester-City-edge-past-Wigan-Athletic-Premier-League-match-update-58290.jpg

Had a great start to the season, but dude's been hot garbage lately. Yaya is much more important to City than Silva at the moment. Ibra is hands down #3 currently BTW.

Sometimes an elbow to the neck and a hard shot to the thighs is the only way you can stop messi
laugh.gif

Nesta was content and gave the sortawant face when he got his yellow. He knew someone had to do it 

At the moment I feel like Milan is asserting more pressure off the ball than barca. Maybe with a little more urgency. Good game so far.

Originally Posted by Professor YKK

What's the argument for van Persie *not* being the 3rd best player in the world? If Madrid or Barca could start the season over again do you seriously think they'd take a season of Rooney or Ibrahimovic over RvP? 
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/3217047/robin-van-persie-goal-everton.html

sick.gif
Right now it's a toss up between the two, but I'd pick Ibra because I think he's a better player, even if RVP is in better form right now. He is lethal in striking the ball like RVP, but I think he's better at hold-up play, and at the sort of game Milan tried to play today where they just kick the ball up the field and hope their center forward can bring it down and create something. At 6'5" Ibra is a better target than RVP.
In general though I think all of the following players are "world-class" and splendid enough that you'd be lucky to have them. Ranking just buries that point in favor of the more difficult (impossible?) point of ranking players against each other.

Goal Scorers:

Messi

Ronaldo

Ibra

RVP

Cavani

Robben

Rooney?

Goal Creators:

Xavi

Iniesta

Silva

Juan "It Don't" Mata?

Ribery?

Sneijder?

Yaya?

Feel free to lightly attack me for forgetting people or mis-categorizing them. 

^But like you said that's why it really depends on the style of play you prefer to watch in who you would choose as # 3 right now. We build from the back thus RVP's role as a CF in our system doesn't require him to be a target man in a knock it long and hold up play system. Plus Ibra is just soooooo lazy, as well as a %%+#%!*, at times that I think it takes away from his quality as a player in my eyes, but as you said both are great and many teams would love to have them leading their line.

Ozil and Fabergas (although he left to be a bench warmer
30t6p3b.gif
 ) surely have to be on your list right under Silva solidified as world class playmakers/goal creaters.

Very predictable that most here would pick a Premier League player as the third best one over a Serie A player. But Van Persie is not better than Ibrahimovic. RVP is a tremendous finisher this season, as is Ibrahimovic. But it's Ibra's passing game that separates him. If you've seen the majority of AC Milan games this year, you'd know this. And I've also seen most Arsenal games as well. Some of Ibra's passes are flat out unbelievable.

3rd best? RVP if he leaves arsenal its over for them. anybody know the details about the rumor going about in chelsea if Mourinho gets the job again and wants CR coming with him?

you don't know how big of a smile that Welbeck Giggs picture gave me, words can't describe man

PersiaFly wrote:
laugh.gif
at Ronaldo leaving Madrid to go to Chelsea.
laugh.gif
I'm saying. CR is the biggest star in the biggest club in the world and when he left United he only wanted to go to Madrid. On top of that he has to be in the top 3 paid players in the world (not including endorsements) aswell so why in gods name would he go to freakin' Chelsea?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They are just crap made up stories to make it seem like Roman wields this ultimate power with his checkbook which isnt true. If they do paint this picture of Roman being all powerful now they can get tons of clicks on their webpage during the summer as they link anyone and everyone to a move to Stamford Bridge. 

Xtapolapacetl: Why do you take it as a knock at Serie A though?  

Originally Posted by trunks206

^But like you said that's why it really depends on the style of play you prefer to watch in who you would choose as # 3 right now. We build from the back thus RVP's role as a CF in our system doesn't require him to be a target man in a knock it long and hold up play system. Plus Ibra is just soooooo lazy, as well as a %%+#%!*, at times that I think it takes away from his quality as a player in my eyes, but as you said both are great and many teams would love to have them leading their line.

Ozil and Fabergas (although he left to be a bench warmer
30t6p3b.gif
 ) surely have to be on your list right under Silva solidified as world class playmakers/goal creaters.
Yeah, I mean those are the next two names on the list. But I meant it more as a "currently performing at world-class levels" list. And Cesc has been sitting a lot and Ozil hasn't been consistently world-class IMO. 
It's tough to keep track sometimes so I could be wrong about these, and I fully agree that they have both performed at all-world levels in the recent past. 

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

how is mario gomez not in talks for top scorer
Yeah he's beasting. Hope he continues to beast at Euro12. 
Champions League semis are setting up beautifully.

Madrid/Bayern and Milan or Barca/Chelsea. 

Can't really ask for much more. Stacked, experienced teams with tons of story lines and tons of reputations to cement. What if Torres scores a huge goal to knock Milan or Barca out? 
eek.gif
eek.gif
 What if Bayern just thrash Madrid and take on Barca in their home stadium for the trophy? 
eek.gif
eek.gif
 What if Madrid and Barca meet in the @#%%%!! Champions League Final? 
eek.gif
eek.gif

I'm geeked.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Very predictable that most here would pick a Premier League player as the third best one over a Serie A player. But Van Persie is not better than Ibrahimovic. RVP is a tremendous finisher this season, as is Ibrahimovic. But it's Ibra's passing game that separates him. If you've seen the majority of AC Milan games this year, you'd know this. And I've also seen most Arsenal games as well. Some of Ibra's passes are flat out unbelievable.

I began noticing how accurate this dude can be not only with his shots, but some of his passes. Even the in the air back-of-the-heel flicks land right on the money.
Dude is really lazy but man, his strength and size is incredible.

anyone see how busquets was hanging on him today when they called the foul? 
laugh.gif

why was Milan wearing their away strip at the San Siro?
i mean,Barca's teal/turquoise third kit wouldn't have clashed with Milan's home jersey...

Originally Posted by skip2myloon

For all you soccer fans, you should checkout striker manager its a soccer simulation, where you take control of every aspect of your team! Click on the link if your interested http://bit.ly/H0DSyk 

Is this like a Football Manager rip-off, or is it different?

Originally Posted by hugebird

Originally Posted by skip2myloon

For all you soccer fans, you should checkout striker manager its a soccer simulation, where you take control of every aspect of your team! Click on the link if your interested http://bit.ly/H0DSyk 

Is this like a Football Manager rip-off, or is it different?
I'm not sure never played football manager, so I won't be able to tell you. 

Originally Posted by trunks206

PersiaFly wrote:
laugh.gif
at Ronaldo leaving Madrid to go to Chelsea.
laugh.gif
I'm saying. CR is the biggest star in the biggest club in the world and when he left United he only wanted to go to Madrid. On top of that he has to be in the top 3 paid players in the world (not including endorsements) aswell so why in gods name would he go to freakin' Chelsea?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They are just crap made up stories to make it seem like Roman wields this ultimate power with his checkbook which isnt true. If they do paint this picture of Roman being all powerful now they can get tons of clicks on their webpage during the summer as they link anyone and everyone to a move to Stamford Bridge. 

Xtapolapacetl: Why do you take it as a knock at Serie A though?  

Cronaldo is actually #3. Messi is #1...
Beckham is #2 
roll.gif
. Moving to Galaxy was def. the best career decision by a fading out player in a LONG time 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom