The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by engoi

Dortmund and Mario Götze extend their partnership till 2016.
Chelsea wants Laurent Blanc.
Extremely disappointing news for Madrid and Arsenal fans. Gotze has a higher ceiling than Ozil and should be an absolute force (coming out party) in the Euro 2012. I'm still picking Germany to win the tournament despite Spain as the favorites/vogue pick. I'll elaborate closer to the summer. Dortmund will be clashing with Bayern for years to come in the Bundesliga title race.
United is supposedly still tracking Kagawa, another phenomenal attacking midfield player for BVB. 

I think it's Mourinho or bust for Chelsea. Abramovich really needs to hit on this next manager selection. He's starting to get substantial backlash for the Ancelotti and AVB firings. I'd like to see RDM get a chance next season depending on how their domestic and European form concludes this campaign. Definitely not in support of Rafa at the Bridge. Blanc, little better but not so much for me personally. 

Arsenal
smile.gif

Going to be flipping between Madrid/APOEL and Benfica/Chelsea. I see my Blancos thrashing the Cypriot side and Benfica pulling off the upset in the tie. Benfica is great at home and Aimar is their version of Xavi. Cardozo and Nolito leading the line presents a threat for RDM's defense. RDM's starting selection will be heavily scrutinized for better or worse. Lampard and Drogba on the bench. Kalou in for width. Torres starts up top. Ferreira in? 4-4-1-1. Mata properly in behind Nando. Tremendous motivation and emotion for Luiz and Ramires.
Huge CL match for Sahin, in for Xabi Alonso. He's auditioning for future appearances in Mou's starting eleven. We really miss Di Maria, as witnessed having to start Benzema out wide as a RAM opposite Ronaldo. 

Balotelli does it again! Interrupted Inter's PC for new boss Stramaccioni. 
laugh.gif
 Harmless but funny. 

Anyone hitting the bars for CL day drinking (Barca/Milan and Bayern/OM)? 

ChampCruThik wrote:
I would like to revisit this debate: Who do you guys think is the third best footballer in the world currently? Xavi, Iniesta, Rooney, Silva and RVP could all garner legitimate consideration. 

Ibra no question. 

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

ChampCruThik wrote:
I would like to revisit this debate: Who do you guys think is the third best footballer in the world currently? Xavi, Iniesta, Rooney, Silva and RVP could all garner legitimate consideration. 

Ibra no question. 
Not a bad choice, but he's guilty of inconsistent performances. 2011-2012 has been one of Ibra's better campaigns, but the second-leg CL match at Emirates is a prime example of him disappearing/not stepping up when Milan needed it most. Caught off-sides on numerous occasions lazily. I'll admit the service wasn't great but that doesn't account completely for a lead striker's poor performance. I feel at times, KPB comes through with clutch/timely goals more so than Ibra. Key phrase being, at times. Some also accuse Ibra of lacking creativity, one-dimensional, and limited in his style and talents. 
No Garay for Benfica in central defense, could make a difference. 

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

ChampCruThik wrote:

Ibra no question. 
Not a bad choice, but he's guilty of inconsistent performances. 2011-2012 has been one of Ibra's better campaigns, but the second-leg CL match at Emirates is a prime example of him disappearing/not stepping up when Milan needed it most. Caught off-sides on numerous occasions lazily. I'll admit the service wasn't great but that doesn't account completely for a lead striker's poor performance. I feel at times, KPB comes through with clutch/timely goals more so than Ibra. Key phrase being, at times. Some also accuse Ibra of lacking creativity, one-dimensional, and limited in his style and talents. 

No offense Champ but I agree that it has to be Ibra. 
Yeah he's taken some games off here and there but I still put him above all those players you listed. 

It's an impossible question to really answer though. How do you measure a distributor like Xavi against a sniper like Zlatan? It probably comes down to who you like to watch more. For me it's Ibra. 

Persia, I respect your response as well as Weaponry's. Must say, I'm a bit surprised with the Ibra selection only because my close football friends usually name Xavi, Iniesta, or Rooney. Ibra is generally a consensus top-5, but not necessarily top-3. I feel like Ibra can be stopped by a sound and disciplined back four. World-class defenders have shown an ability to neutralize the Swedish international. And of course it's difficult to rank footballers at different positions, but it makes for fun and interesting debate. 

Ramires makes great runs with his pace but needs to pick out a quicker, better ball in the final third. He's wasteful with crucial opportunities and often gets dispossessed after beating his defender soundly.

Never get tired of the Chelsea female trainer. I might move to West London and propose to her. 
laugh.gif

SP, can we get some HQ pics of her? Know you're the man for quality tennis/soccer pictures. 

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Check out our NT post http://niketalk.com/topic...-soccer-inspired-clothin

discount code posted
Great products, Halftime. From what I've seen, I like the line and overall message to spread European football more throughout the States. I will make my best effort to spread the LBF line among my wide football network. 
Will most likely be ordering a "Why Always Me?" t-shirt when it's re-stocked. 

Any Cristiano Ronaldo/Madrid inspired designs coming soon? 

I'm sure NT would love to hear your background story as well. How you guys got started? What inspired you to start your own football-based clothing line? Etc. 

Arjen robben

Or neymar

Eff a Xavi iniesta or zlat ibraEff messi and ronaldo for that matter too.No shows at world cup. Brazil 2014

Originally Posted by Charles Schwag

Arjen robben

Or neymar

Eff a Xavi iniesta or zlat ibraEff messi and ronaldo for that matter too.No shows at world cup. Brazil 2014
laugh.gif
at criticizing people for WC performance then listing Robben, who choked massively in the Final last time, and Neymar, who has never played in a World Cup. 

Half day at the office, heading over to a major soccer bar for Barca/Milan and Bayern/OM. Will be hounded and annoyed by many Barca fans/friends, unfortunately. Kissing the crests on their home kits after every goal. 

9 goals between barca and ac milan in the group stage
bayern have score 22 goals in 5 games
today SHOULD be entertaining

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

ChampCruThik wrote:

Ibra no question. 

Saw this debate late...

Son is a maestro...

I think he would have been at Barca if City didn't fork out that fat cheque book...
David-Silva-strike-helps-Manchester-City-edge-past-Wigan-Athletic-Premier-League-match-update-58290.jpg

Back
Top Bottom