The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Got home to see the last 10 minutes...

Caldwell trolling RVP...
laugh.gif

those lfc lebrons are ugly
that WAS a goal yesterday after seeing the pictures again today
goal line technology next year, book it
wow at wigan actually being in form

the new rumor is Fabio and Macheda plus 20m for Nico Gaitan

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Nike LeBron 9 Low ‘Liverpool’ 

http://sneakernews.com/2012/04/16/nike-lebron-9-low-liverpool/

Really?
eyes.gif

Nothing against a shoe for LFC, but they're really reachin with this Lebron x LFC "ownership"...
I don't see how this is reaching. He is a minority owner and this special addition colorway makes infinite more sense then some the 101 others.
I dunno about his other shoe-tie-ins that don't make sense, cuz I don't follow the LBJ line, but to me making these special colorways only makes sense if he has had some previous significant bond with the organization/person... schools he's played for, role models he's had, teams he supported as a kid, etc... stuff like that. I'm assuming there's no emotional attachment with the club or even football? Purely financial, right?
If Lebron had the type of relationship with LFC, like what Steve Nash has for Hotspur or Kobe for his Italian football club, then it would make much more sense...

Just my 2 cents.

Anyway... Gary Neville on diving...

The issue of diving will never get settled. When people see it done successfully against their own team or if they simply see a team/player they don't like dive, then they act like saintly ethical guardians of the sport. However, if their own team does it and it leads to a goal that wins the game or gain a point, then they either directly defend it or at least indirectly try to justify it like Neville saying that "95% of the players would've done the same thing".

Anyway, in this case, the controversy is not (or at least should be not) about Ashley Young diving in itself, but about the referee giving him a penalty for such an blatantly obvious extravagant dive which for this very reason has become photoshop material.

I know it will never happen.  But they should have a review booth like the NFL for PKs.  Like each coach should get one challenge a game.  And if there is a penalty called they should be able to go review it.

They shouldn't be able to review non-calls.  But refs seem trigger happy these days to just up and call PKs on questionable dives.  If a ref lets you play then you can't challenge and say that was a foul, or something.  Soccer has way too many purist to ever put replay in but hey they might be adding goal line refs and what not so you never know.

^
fox soccer channel..

they need to do what MLS is doing, reviewing the tapes and handing out fines and suspensions.

Originally Posted by Prettyboy RY7

Neymar is sick - cannot wait for him to get to Europe
Relax....Neymar isn't and shouldn't be coming any time soon...
That dude will lose his legs if he comes to Euro too early. 

He's not strong enough yet and he's not used to REAL defense yet. 

Hope Bayern can get this W today!!!
And Arsene Wenger has the right idea, ban Divers for 3 games, even if it's reviewed after the game. When there's all this technology, theres no reason this should go unpunished. Of course theres human error, accidents and all but this is blatant unsportsmanlike conduct, borderline cheating.

Earliest Neymar touches European/Spanish soil is 2014. Supposedly Sandro told reporters Bale prefers Barca to Madrid.Alach, three matches is far too harsh. If the FA wants more severe punishments for diving, a one match ban is the most I could support.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Earliest Neymar touches European/Spanish soil is 2014. Supposedly Sandro told reporters Bale prefers Barca to Madrid.Alach, three matches is far too harsh. If the FA wants more severe punishments for diving, a one match ban is the most I could support.

Why do you feel like 3 is too harsh?
This is an unwanted aspect of the game (of ANY sport for that matter), diving in no way does it add to the game. It hurts player's/team's reputations and is dangerous, does it shouldn't have to take a serious injury from diving, for leagues to do something about this. Diving can be taken out completely. But it requires strict reinforcement, if someone is only going to get a slap on the wrist, they'll continue doing it.

The problem is there's no clear cut criteria to accurately judge and eliminate diving. Three matches can alter a domestic title race, way too severe IMO. If there was a plausible solution, the act of diving would have been eliminated already. No one likes it for the sport, but perhaps a necessary evil.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Not surprising....dude is in his home country bossin it..getting paid Euro money at a club with history...
I don't see why he should leave.

Webb, Clattenburg and Atkinson all on the same pitch. How many controversial decisions will we see tonight? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by Prettyboy RY7

Neymar is sick - cannot wait for him to get to Europe
Relax....Neymar isn't and shouldn't be coming any time soon...
That dude will lose his legs if he comes to Euro too early. 

He's not strong enough yet and he's not used to REAL defense yet. 
You really have no idea what you're talking about. So frustrating seeing all of you babble on and on about Neymar when all you catch are his highlights.
Neymar rarely, rarely misses a game. The kid has incredible genes endurance wise. 

I would however like to see him hit Europe before 2014. Will only happen if Santos see some terrible run of form.

Back
Top Bottom