The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by Prettyboy RY7

Neymar is sick - cannot wait for him to get to Europe
Relax....Neymar isn't and shouldn't be coming any time soon...
That dude will lose his legs if he comes to Euro too early. 

He's not strong enough yet and he's not used to REAL defense yet. 
You really have no idea what you're talking about. So frustrating seeing all of you babble on and on about Neymar when all you catch are his highlights.
Neymar rarely, rarely misses a game. The kid has incredible genes endurance wise. 

I would however like to see him hit Europe before 2014. Will only happen if Santos see some terrible run of form.
That's cause he's not playing against real defense, and ANY football fan/analyst will agree with that. 
I'd honestly like to see what happens when Neymar is getting tackled on the regular by the likes of Sergio Ramos, John Terry, Ferdinand, Phil Jones, Vidic, etc

You watch those Brazil games and get all excited and his dribbling talent, but in Europe/UK he'd either have almost ZERO time to pull all of those stunts off, or he'd be tackled very badly because of mis-timed challenges...

Once he gets on the weights....well then that's a different story.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Wow, what a game so far. Switching between one team attacking to the other like crazy.

Yep, but I've seen Bayern slightly better than Real Madrid.

WONDERFUL making up by Ronaldo....
Even though Benzema made that goal...

Beautiful work..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I can't remember who said it here when we were discussing best players out right now...

But someone said Gomez doesn't take advantage of his opportunities...and I think they were right...

Originally Posted by Prettyboy RY7

Neymar is sick - cannot wait for him to get to Europe

You really have no idea what you're talking about. So frustrating seeing all of you babble on and on about Neymar when all you catch are his highlights.
Neymar rarely, rarely misses a game. The kid has incredible genes endurance wise. 

I would however like to see him hit Europe before 2014. Will only happen if Santos see some terrible run of form.
Bruh, how often do professional footballers take games off due to exhaustion though?? Not saying he ain't an athlete but endurance isn't a problem for the vast majority at the top flight.

Anyway dude was talking about how frail built he is. Whether or not that would actually be an issue is another thing.

what happened when santos played barca? dude got humbled real quick and shed some tears. Hes not ready yet and will struggle at first but the only way for him to get better is by playing better competition

That's cause he's not playing against real defense, and ANY football fan/analyst will agree with that. 
I'd honestly like to see what happens when Neymar is getting tackled on the regular by the likes of Sergio Ramos, John Terry, Ferdinand, Phil Jones, Vidic, etc

You watch those Brazil games and get all excited and his dribbling talent, but in Europe/UK he'd either have almost ZERO time to pull all of those stunts off, or he'd be tackled very badly because of mis-timed challenges...

You guys have got to stop overstating the difference in quality between defenses in the Brazil league and the "European" (read: big four) leagues.
30t6p3b.gif

Far lesser players than Neymar have come from far lesser leagues and adjusted to the top leagues in Europe just fine.

%%+* is almost funny.
Originally Posted by Dat Exclusive Cat

whathappened when santos played barca? dude got humbled real quick and shedsome tears. Hes not ready yet and will struggle at first but the onlyway for him to get better is by playing better competition
The team most consider the easily to be the best one or two team in the world? The team that arguably pressures the ball better than any team in the world? No surprise that was a nightmare for Santos. It really doesn't reflect anything on what Neymar would do in Europe.

Best game of champions leagues so far, props to bayern not letting real Madrid get tough on em. Props to Ribery played an excellent game. Ronaldo I didn't really see much of. Ain't over yet though.

Bayern deserved to win the game. Madrid played way too conservative once they tied it up.

But that away goal is huge. 2nd leg should be a battle

He may put on a few pounds of muscle as he gets older, but to suggest he'd get no joy from European defenders is nonsense. His talent will play anywhere, and his agility will serve him well in evading challenges. You make it sound like he needs to bulk up so he can handle the tackles, but in Brazil the defenders are less cultured and he actually gets more reckless challenges there than he will in Europe. And let's not pretend that lightweights like Silva and Mata aren't some of the very best players in Europe. I seem to remember a 19 year old flyweight named Iker Muniain bossing mighty United at Old Trafford quite recently. 
Great game in Bavaria. Mou seemed content with the tie, as he so often is in these situations, and it cost him. Coentrao has been quite underwhelming this season considering his price, and he was torn a new one today. Ronaldo was poor too. I think Real will pull it out in the second leg, though. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

He may put on a few pounds of muscle as he gets older, but to suggest he'd get no joy from European defenders is nonsense. His talent will play anywhere, and his agility will serve him well in evading challenges. You make it sound like he needs to bulk up so he can handle the tackles, but in Brazil the defenders are less cultured and he actually gets more reckless challenges there than he will in Europe. And let's not pretend that lightweights like Silva and Mata aren't some of the very best players in Europe. I seem to remember a 19 year old flyweight named Iker Muniain bossing mighty United at Old Trafford quite recently. 
Great game in Bavaria. Mou seemed content with the tie, as he so often is in these situations, and it cost him. Coentrao has been quite underwhelming this season considering his price, and he was torn a new one today. Ronaldo was poor too. I think Real will pull it out in the second leg, though. 
Silva and Mata are very different players from Neymar. Silva and Mata don't rely so much on fancy footwork or FIFA "skills"
laugh.gif

I'm not saying Neymar will not be able to play in Europe, of course he will.  I'm saying he needs to get stronger before he does.  I'm saying that he won't be and flashy as he is right now when he gets to Europe.  Even Ronaldo came with all that flair originally and that non-sense had to stop.  He became stronger, while retaining his speed and worked on his shot, now he's a monster.  Neymar will need to do that same. 

I mean really.....look at the size of this kid...

Neymar.jpg

If he follows in the footsteps of Ronaldo (CR7), and hits the weights a bit while maintaining his speed and agility....then he will BOSS Europe the way he bosses Brazil...

Until then..he'll BOSS Brazil and be a "good" player in Europe... 

Good game by Bayern. I hope they make it to the finals.

But tomorrow I am feeling extremely confident about Chelsea beating Barcelona. I have no logical or reasonable explanation about why it will happen, I just have a gut feeling it will. GO BLUES!!

player_18_didier_drogba.jpg

but in all seriousness I at least hope it doesn't get ugly

Neymar doesn't rely on fancy footwork and "fifa skills," though. His best attributes are his explosive pace and his agility. But yeah, he uses his trickery to great affect.

I don't really think he needs to do anything other than continue on the path he's on. He has improved greatly since I've began watching him(mind you I mainly watch Copa games, which is their strongest competition), and his body will mature and his base will strengthen through his regular training work. He is not Ronaldo, and he does not have Ronaldo's frame. I believe intensive weight work would take away from his best attributes. One thing I will say in comparison is that Neymar is MUCH more lethal in front of goal than Ronaldo at the same age. Neymar is more of a forward who cuts in from wide areas; Ronaldo was a true winger until his latter years at United.

Have you ever watched a Brazilian league game? I don't know where you Americans/analysts/football fans get off claiming they don't play defense in Brazil. He's been on the weights for a while now, bulked up considerably since he started playing. Furthermore, he gets poorly tackled a %$*@ ton, not an injury to date.
Stick to Fox Soccer sport. 

Ayo?

Anyway...Bayern/Madrid was highly entertaining, looking forward to the 2nd leg.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

bayern need a CB or a LB and they will be very dangerous

As if they aren't already.
And if I'm correct, Alaba played leftback in this game and deserved Man of the Match IMO.

Back
Top Bottom