The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

ieh7vsqIMz2X9.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Bayern Munich and Chelsea
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Maybe......just maybe.....the dream of.....having a NON-CLASICO UEFA Champions League Finals....may....come....true!!!!!!

BARCA will win it back home.

Like always the british teams will play 8-1-1 and try to hang on to the 1 goal...pathetic. Defensive minded soccer is for losers.  Barca will catch them in the second leg. They've been in this position before.
Now onto Madrid saturday. It would be sick to beat Madrid Saturday and in the CL Final.

Messi is on a mission

Barcelona
79% possesion
24 attempts, 6 on target

Chelsea
21% possesion
4 attempts, 1 on target
pimp.gif

Another night and the game ends 5-1. Sanchez and Cesc missed sitters. Man I'm happy
laugh.gif

I watched the game with 5 Barca fans and the disgust on their faces was priceless.

Chelsea vs Bayern
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Like always the british teams will play 8-1-1 and try to hang on to the 1 goal...pathetic. Defensive minded soccer is for losers.  Barca will catch them in the second leg. They've been in this position before.
Now onto Madrid saturday. It would be sick to beat Madrid Saturday and in the CL Final.

Messi is on a mission
Shut up. Inter played defensive soccer and got them a couple years ago. Chelsea will do the same 
pimp.gif

Just saw the highlights. WOW at all the near-goals. Barca was soooo unlucky. Especially the final shot off the post. Man. Crazy.

It's a shame that even though RDM has really turned Chelsea around...he'll probably be sacked by May. 
At least for him, the upside is that other clubs will be watching what he's doing right now...

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Messi is on a mission
Shut up. Inter played defensive soccer and REFS got them a couple years ago. Chelsea will do the same

fixed

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

It's a shame that even though RDM has really turned Chelsea around...he'll probably be sacked by May. 
At least for him, the upside is that other clubs will be watching what he's doing right now...
Agreed, out of all the names being thrown out for next Chelsea boss (like Rafa and Blanc), Mou and Pep are the only ones I'd potentially hire over RDM long-term. RDM has been able to merge the old guard with the new young talent, something AVB failed to do miserably attributing to Chelsea's lackluster performance much of the campaign. 

Raul says he's done playing in Europe after this year. Maybe to MLS, probably to the Middle East...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Messi is on a mission
Shut up. Inter played defensive soccer and got them a couple years ago. Chelsea will do the same 
pimp.gif
Calm down cowboy. I see you are hater. I never said defensive minded soccer doesnt win games...I just said it was for Losers.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

Might I remind you barca plays beautiful footie cuz of the dutch?
No they play bonito cuz of this man

All the players on Barca are replaceable except Messi.
Name me a player on Barca and I'll tell you who they could replace him with and not skip a beat.
9d42524eaf5995ab2ae608969b204d0b3473e19.jpg

Last time I checked Pep was coach and not Dutch.

Why hasn't PSV or Feyenoord done anything?

If you talkin about Cruyff's influence back in the day then why doesnt he hook up his own native teams if he's such a magician.
I dont see Cryuff now making plays on the field or taking on 5 defenders.

Messi > Anyone past or present wearing orange.

I am in no way in favor of a team "parking the bus", but Barca's possession football lends to that with their back passes, triangle passes, etc. Just saying...

"Beautiful football" has no meaning if you can't score. Chelsea played like @#$@$@ cowards after taking advantage of their one chance yesterday, but all that matters is the score. It's like the Mexican national teams in the past World Cups that would get to the final third of the pitch at will but couldn't finish for @#$@ and got kicked out early as a result. There are no consistent goal scorers besides Messi on this squad. Last year David Villa and Pedro were in form, that's why Barca was the best team in the world at the time. Without them, you see what you did yesterday: opposing teams triple/quadruple teaming Messi whenever he has the ball. Yea, in many occasions he scores anyways(
pimp.gif
) but in the games where he's not playing at his best, the entire team struggles. We have promising players who can play the wing but that's about it.

And 
laugh.gif
@ all the dudes that were praising Fabregas. I told you he's a bum on this squad. Dudes see one good pass from him a game and think he's playing at a world class level, while ignoring the fact that he's ghost for majority of the game and is absolute @#$% in front of goal (yea he has some goals, but the sheer number of important goal scoring opportunities he has missed outweighs all that @#$%
mad.gif
)

Originally Posted by SFC415

"Beautiful football" has no meaning if you can't score. Chelsea played like @#$@$@ cowards after taking advantage of their one chance yesterday, but all that matters is the score. It's like the Mexican national teams in the past World Cups that would get to the final third of the pitch at will but couldn't finish for @#$@ and got kicked out early as a result. There are no consistent goal scorers besides Messi on this squad. Last year David Villa and Pedro were in form, that's why Barca was the best team in the world at the time. We have promising players who can play the wing but that's about it.

And 
laugh.gif
@ all the dudes that were praising Fabregas. I told you he's a bum on this squad. Dudes see one good pass from him a game and think he's playing at a world class level, while ignoring the fact that he's ghost for majority of the game and is absolute @#$% in front of goal (yea he has some goals, but the sheer number of important goal scoring opportunities he has missed outweighs all that @#$%
mad.gif
)
It was one game son!

Pep : "you know what this beautiful soccer thing is not working out anymore since we failed to score over a parked bus yesterday...lets try something new...lets kick the ball across the field ...hard! and hope some one heads it in for a score...we are also switiching to a more british style of soccer or the 8-1-1...Messi and Xavi will be the only ones crossing the mid field."

Originally Posted by SFC415

"Beautiful football" has no meaning if you can't score. Chelsea played like @#$@$@ cowards after taking advantage of their one chance yesterday, but all that matters is the score. It's like the Mexican national teams in the past World Cups that would get to the final third of the pitch at will but couldn't finish for @#$@ and got kicked out early as a result. There are no consistent goal scorers besides Messi on this squad. Last year David Villa and Pedro were in form, that's why Barca was the best team in the world at the time. We have promising players who can play the wing but that's about it.

And 
laugh.gif
mad.gif
)
It was one game son!

Pep : "you know what this beautiful soccer thing is not working out anymore since we failed to score over a parked bus yesterday...lets try something new...lets kick the ball across the field ...hard! and hope some one heads it in for a score...we are also switiching to a more british style of soccer or the 8-1-1...Messi and Xavi will be the only ones crossing the mid field."
I know it was one game, but think about our standing in La Liga as well. If we had more forwards who could consistently score (like we did last year, or how Madrid has Benzema and Higuain to pick up the slack when Ronaldo is struggling) there's no way in hell we draw/lose the games that resulted in us being in 2nd right now.

You sound extremely butthurt because the almighty Barca might have to take an L in the Champs league this season?

Is it really that serious considering you apparently have the best player and the whole Spanish national team on your pitch week in/week out? Would one year off really kill the mighty juggernaut that is Barca?

Christ almighty, maybe football fans want to see someone else win for a damn change, watching an assload of passes for 90 minutes isn't my idea of a fun sunday morning/afternoon.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

You sound extremely butthurt because the almighty Barca might have to take an L in the Champs league this season?

Is it really that serious considering you apparently have the best player and the whole Spanish national team on your pitch week in/week out? Would one year off really kill the mighty juggernaut that is Barca?

Christ almighty, maybe football fans want to see someone else win for a damn change, watching an assload of passes for 90 minutes isn't my idea of a fun sunday morning/afternoon.

I want my team to win every damn year, so yea even one off year is terrible. Last year's success is the past. And I don't get how watching an "assload of passes" (which end up in 26 shot attempts and at least 3-4 goals when there are players who can score, so it's hardly boring football ) is worse than watching players kicking a ball back and forth across the field and hoping it catches the defense off guard, but to each his own.

Barcelona doesnt even play beautiful football tho..
They play futsal.

All of their goals are inside foot finishes inside the box.

Pretty boring if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom