The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by IronChef

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

Games like this I think Villa would of made the difference.

Basically it's a Real Madrid + top 5 EPL teams vs. FC Barcelona in this thread.

WordI understand why people hate on the Yankees and my Lakers but how can anyone hate on Barcelona?All they do is entertain us with the most brilliant skills, plays and goals.Someday you'll tell your kids you got to see the 3 in a row ballon d oro winner and his squad play for and earn the triple crown

I never understood how there could be that many die hard Barcelona supporters out there, I mean are you guys from there or do you have family there? I understand admiring a certain team's style of play, but if it's not your hometown team or a team in which you are linked to in some way, why all this support as if you have been this die hard your whole life??

Also didn't know there were that many brits on NT, with all the prem supporters in here.
I can understand the salty Barca fans, but this is just stupid

not even trying to troll just curious about how one develops this mentality, I could never see myself passionately rooting for another city, doesn't make any sense to me.

Originally Posted by SFC415

Why even argue with United fans? Somehow Barca fans are the salty ones even though we're still in the competition with our "boring" style, while United's "Exciting football" got them humiliated in both Champions League and Europa 
laugh.gif
Of course legions of United fans will come in here and start crying about "but we had injuries 
frown.gif
" as if no other team suffered from the same situation. None of them will mention a single thing about Chelsea playing the most boring style of all yesterday, United's kickball techniques against every big name EPL team besides Man City, etc. They're still so @#$@$@ bitter about not being able to beat us themselves that they keep going with this one-sided criticism of  Barca while clearly ignoring the faults of our opponents. 
roll.gif

Who's bitter b? Who's complaining about injuries? +%$# outta here son, delusions like this are exactly why people hate your team.  Barca fans may rival city fans for the most obnoxious in football.

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

Games like this I think Villa would of made the difference.

Basically it's a Real Madrid + top 5 EPL teams vs. FC Barcelona in this thread.

WordI understand why people hate on the Yankees and my Lakers but how can anyone hate on Barcelona?All they do is entertain us with the most brilliant skills, plays and goals.Someday you'll tell your kids you got to see the 3 in a row ballon d oro winner and his squad play for and earn the triple crown

I never understood how there could be that many die hard Barcelona supporters out there, I mean are you guys from there or do you have family there? I understand admiring a certain team's style of play, but if it's not your hometown team or a team in which you are linked to in some way, why all this support as if you have been this die hard your whole life??

Also didn't know there were that many brits on NT, with all the prem supporters in here.

I'll explain from my perspective. 
I'm not from the UK (thank God, cause I've been there in all 4 seasons and never seen the sun). 

However when I was growing up, it's not like the MLS popping and the PSL was an absolute joke.  I've grown up in different countries, and the league that was broadcasted the most was the EPL.  Thus, when every weekend you turn on the tele, you only see EPL teams, you begin to gravitate towards them.   

Had I grown up in Italy or Spain or Brazil, or even the UK, I would have probably supported my local team.  Such as my best mate who supports Sunderland like a true diehard. 

But it's a bit difficult when your area either doesn't have a local team, or if they do, the games aren't televised at all. 

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Any Bay Area people watching El Clasico tomorrow @ Mad Dog in the Fog?
they show it/ might  now

I'll be there. Then Silver Cloud for Jones vs Evans. Mixed in with the Giants game. My liver is ready.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Any Bay Area people watching El Clasico tomorrow @ Mad Dog in the Fog?
they show it/ might  now

I'll be there. Then Silver Cloud for Jones vs Evans. Mixed in with the Giants game. My liver is ready.

Nice,   been looking for a place that shows futbol.

not even trying to troll just curious about how one develops this mentality, I could never see myself passionately rooting for another city, doesn't make any sense to me.

Very ignorant post.First off part of my fam is from ARG so i root for La Pulga Messi and El jefe Mascherano. Honestly i could care less about the city of Barcelona. also my grandpa who migrated to Guatemala was from spain and he, my dad and uncle love(d) real madrid so it aint even a family thing. I dont think rooting for your city team really matters. In fact my favorite sports team is the Raiders and i've never been to oak town. I just remember Rooting for them when i was young and they were in LA.Some people like a team cuz of a specific player, cuz of the city, or cuz of the teams history or style.

^ to you it may be an ignorant post, but the reality is that it is exactly die hard fans that build superior franchises. Maybe the reason the MLS has never grown in importance or talent is because home city football fans pay thier interests to other clubs.

I respect a lot of teams in different sports, but my point was that people in here are arguing like true die hard fans, and to me it's a shame to see that love and spirit be wasted on a city that doesn't deserve it.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

What, no one watched Chelski vs Arsenal?

Ended 0 - 0, not much to talk about 
laugh.gif

Newcastle making a run for that 3rd spot now, it's completely viable they finish 3rd this season.

Oh I watched, but I decided not go to on a +*%@+** tirade, here. Multiple different times in this thread, I have seen people praise Di Matteo, and wrote responses, and deleted them, because I am trying to remain positive, but for anyone that has a working knowledge of football, and saw what happened today, regardless of result, understands that he just does not possess the correct mentality to be the manager of this club.

First game of the spring season for my 14 year old's, then El Clasico at 11..

Gonna be a GREAT Saturday.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

PS anybody know any bars in the Oakland/Berkeley are that might be showing the game?
nerd.gif

I drank four cups of coffee during that game. Got a little hyper...I don't have a rooting interest in either team, but I did want to throw my remote at the TV every time Sturridge didn't make a pass.
laugh.gif

Hopefully El Clasico is more entertaining. But with Mou knowing that a draw should give them the title, I dunno...

Arsenal - Chelsea was a snorefest, looked like none of the teams had any drive to win at all. 

Hopefully El Clasico will be much better. 

HamCity your best bet to find a bar is to check twitter. I was thinking of going to the official Real meet up in NYC but I'm not a Madrista so a neutral place will probably be better.

Also World Class V-necks now available and you can now shop on our FB just click on "SHOP" http://www.facebook.com/LBFutbol

I'll be honest, woke up at 7:30 for Chelsea/Arsenal on three hours of sleep and passed out 10 minutes into the match. Charged up for the Clasico. Bird, who would you like to be Chelsea's long-term manager if not RDM? I'd say a point before a vital CL semi trip to Camp Nou is fairly valuable.

I think it's fair to say that Wenger bought the wrong African. Gervinho has been useless....While Cisse and Ba are just looking amazing out there...I really hope Newcastle builds on this next season and picks up a bi tmore quality. It's nice to see more competition...

its hard to tell what newcastle need, i am a huge fan of what they are doing, i would think their only weakness is the backline, and if the tim krul to chelsea rumors are true then that will be a HUGE loss

Back
Top Bottom