The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

Might I remind you barca plays beautiful footie cuz of the dutch?
No they play bonito cuz of this man

All the players on Barca are replaceable except Messi.
Name me a player on Barca and I'll tell you who they could replace him with and not skip a beat.

Last time I checked Pep was coach and not Dutch.

Why hasn't PSV or Feyenoord done anything?

If you talkin about Cruyff's influence back in the day then why doesnt he hook up his own native teams if he's such a magician.
I dont see Cryuff now making plays on the field or taking on 5 defenders.

Messi > Anyone past or present wearing orange.
I don't know man, Xavi and Iniesta are top of the line in the midfield department...

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Barcelona doesnt even play beautiful football tho..
They play futsal.

All of their goals are side foot finishes inside the box.

Pretty boring if you ask me.
I'm not disagreeing with you about this year, but once again, if you look at last year's squad there were many "exciting" goals because we actually had players whose main purposes were to score. Who do we have this year? just Messi. And IMO Messi's chip shots are far from boring

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Sanchez doubtful for Clasico. Interested in Pep's forward selection.

They beat AC Milan playing with no strikers.
Expect to see the same line.. 3 defenders 7 midfielders.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

You sound extremely butthurt because the almighty Barca might have to take an L in the Champs league this season?

Is it really that serious considering you apparently have the best player and the whole Spanish national team on your pitch week in/week out? Would one year off really kill the mighty juggernaut that is Barca?

Christ almighty, maybe football fans want to see someone else win for a damn change, watching an assload of passes for 90 minutes isn't my idea of a fun sunday morning/afternoon.

I see your point. To each their own. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

i didn't know they will play again on the 26th. I though when you lose you are eliminated. Sorry i don't follow football much

So barcelona would have to be up by at least 2 goals to advance right ?

^Two legs for every round besides the final.

Barca has to beat Chelsea on aggregate goals. If Barca wins 2-0 next week, they're in (2-1 aggregate). If Chelsea scores one next week, Barca would have to score 3 to advance because of the away goals rule. If aggregate goals are tied, the tie is broken by whoever has more "away" goals. Tie on aggregate AND away goals, extra time I believe.

Yes, extra time then PKs if no goal is scored. Modern day Barcelona took Cruyff's core concepts and evolved them into the monster you see today. La Masia may very well be the greatest football academy of all-time, and this is coming from a hardcore Madrid supporter. Pep's boys have the versatility to play 4-3-3, 3-4-3, and even 3-3-4. Messi's brilliance is undeniable but let's also credit Xavi and Iniesta for incredible service. I find their short passing and 70% match possession far from boring, admittedly frustrating for their opponents especially Los Blancos. This style shouldn't be criticized but nor should the Mourinho CL defense strategy that Chelsea implemented on Wednesday. It was necessary to secure a 1-0 advantage at home. Camp Nou will be a different animal with shorter grass. I will say Barca is somewhat vulnerable on set-pieces. With Cesc's relative ineffectiveness, we could see Messi/Pedro/Cuenca up top in the Clasico. Maybe even Tello.

the way barcelona plays is boring and annoying, 70% possession means nothing without goals, if you have that much possession without capitalization on the opportunities than why play that way?

laugh.gif
@ all these salty Barca fans in here.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

543544_394217797285109_345971365443086_1223924_771222954_n.jpg

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

the way barcelona plays is boring and annoying, 70% possession means nothing without goals, if you have that much possession without capitalization on the opportunities than why play that way?

Let me guess chelsea,arsenal, liverpool, and man u play beautiful soccer lol lolI remember all these pansies folded when the so called "futsal" team bombarded them with strikes last time they played.Remembe ur Man U in the final last year? Lol Man U tried to protect that Rooney goal like shop keepers their stores during the LA riots lolTruth is teams like Barcelona can play like that because their skill level and chemistry is on another level. The local ayso team can play like Chelsea and bomb the ball and hope for something good to happen...then procede to park the bus

Why even argue with United fans? Somehow Barca fans are the salty ones even though we're still in the competition with our "boring" style, while United's "Exciting football" got them humiliated in both Champions League and Europa 
laugh.gif
Of course legions of United fans will come in here and start crying about "but we had injuries 
frown.gif
" as if no other team suffered from the same situation. None of them will mention a single thing about Chelsea playing the most boring style of all yesterday, United's kickball techniques against every big name EPL team besides Man City, etc. They're still so @#$@$@ bitter about not being able to beat us themselves that they keep going with this one-sided criticism of  Barca while clearly ignoring the faults of our opponents. 

Originally Posted by SFC415

Why even argue with United fans? Somehow Barca fans are the salty ones even though we're still in the competition with our "boring" style, while United's "Exciting football" got them humiliated in both Champions League and Europa 
laugh.gif
Of course legions of United fans will come in here will start crying about "but we had injuries 
frown.gif
" as if no other team suffered from the same situation. None of them will mention a single thing about Chelsea playing the most boring style of all yesterday, United's kickball techniques against every big name EPL team besides Man City, etc. They're still so @#$@$@ bitter about not being able to beat us themselves
u-mad___camron.jpg

Barca had possession for 80% of the game. How can chelsea be boring if they never even had the ball? 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Originally Posted by SFC415

laugh.gif
Of course legions of United fans will come in here will start crying about "but we had injuries 
frown.gif
" as if no other team suffered from the same situation. None of them will mention a single thing about Chelsea playing the most boring style of all yesterday, United's kickball techniques against every big name EPL team besides Man City, etc. They're still so @#$@$@ bitter about not being able to beat us themselves
u-mad___camron.jpg

Barca had possession for 80% of the game. How can chelsea be boring if they never even had the ball? 
grin.gif
Chelsea attempted to attack less than 5 times yesterday. That's not boring? They basically let Barca have the ball and just bunkered themselves in the final third of the pitch. And damn right I'm mad, but more at Barca's trash finishing than Chelsea. I would rather lose to Chelsea via an @#$ whooping than by our players' incompetence and Chelsea's 8-1-1 formation

And they scored once in those 5 attacks....compared to Barca's 0 in 20+.

So again...how was Chelsea boring when you barely even saw them WITH the ball.

To me boring is keeping possession yet not creating chances or getting forward at all and just going sideways and backwards. If a team never even has the ball enough to do that then they can't be considered boring.

You're just mad Chelsea didn't play a wide open, agressive game like so many Liga teams try to do against Barca which just caters right into Barca's hands.

I'll taking boring wins over exciting defeats any day.

Let me guess chelsea,arsenal, liverpool, and man u play beautiful soccer lol lolI remember all these pansies folded when the so called "futsal" team bombarded them with strikes last time they played.

^^^ buddy don't talk out of your !%*
lets rewind
-the first year barca won CL without  ronaldinho  they technically didn't beat Chelsea they got into the finals on away goals(**thanks to overeboo and drogba's horrible finishing)
-the year before that  they lost to MAN u (then Manure went onto win the cl )
-the season they acquired Ibra  they tied  arsenal 4-4  at  emirates but arsenal lost  in the camp nou becuase captain fabregas couldn't play (** fabregas was having the year of his life )

Barcelona can play like that because their skill level and chemistry is on another level. The local ayso team can play like Chelsea and bomb the ball and hope for something good to happen...then procede to park the bus
where was your chemistry  when paul scholes sent you packing?
where was chemistry when Diego milito  sonned puyol?
same thing  is going to happen this year

If you haven't noticed the standard of European football has dropped from what it was 4-5 years ago

Let me guess chelsea,arsenal, Liverpool, and man u play beautiful soccer lol
actually arsenal ,Liverpool and Chelsea play better football than barca's constant back passing also don't forget Manchester city, and spurs(**1. Liverpool probably plays the best direct passing game in the world they just lack quality ever since  aquilani, xavi, and masch left ,2. Arsenal's indirect  passing game is on par with barca  its just they can't keep losing their player so they're always in transition 3.Chelsea is in transition  getting  the old out and the new in ) 

Have more respect for the game ,you guys want to play keep ball  but when no one obliges you get mad  lmao

funny thing about barca fans like you is that you probably weren't around during the  days of rivaldo, deboer, overmars ,romario but once  the gold started coming into barca so did you

and yeas i find direct football much more appealing  than tiki taka  i prefer to watch German and English  over Spanish footballl any day

All this talk about Barca's boring play style is really making this thread stale...
This summer transfer is going to be crazy, especially how Tottenham is going to lose a lot of players

Luka Modric might go to Man U

Van Der Vaart says he wants to play (eventually) in the Eredivisie 

Bale is probably leaving the team

Adebayor might not get signed

Poor Tottenham, this late season collapse really costed them a lot more than just the season. 

Games like this I think Villa would of made the difference.

Basically it's a Real Madrid + top 5 EPL teams vs. FC Barcelona in this thread.

Originally Posted by JUS3

^Two legs for every round besides the final.

Barca has to beat Chelsea on aggregate goals. If Barca wins 2-0 next week, they're in (2-1 aggregate). If Chelsea scores one next week, Barca would have to score 3 to advance because of the away goals rule. If aggregate goals are tied, the tie is broken by whoever has more "away" goals. Tie on aggregate AND away goals, extra time I believe.
Damn Chelsea would have to score at least 1 more goal then. Barca will come out firing

So again...how was Chelsea boring when you barely even saw them WITH the ball.

To me boring is keeping possession yet not creating chances or getting forward at all and just going sideways and backwards. If a team never even has the ball enough to do that then they can't be considered boring.

You're just mad Chelsea didn't play a wide open, agressive game like so many Liga teams try to do against Barca which just caters right into Barca's hands.

All of this.

If your chemistry and skill were on another level, surely you would have no problem beating a team that parks the bus and is full of aging players? Face it amigo, our "ugly" football worked. man I hope Chelsea crush Barca at the Camp Nou
30t6p3b.gif

But from a football standpoint, I noticed that Chelsea have a huge advantage in the set piece department in terms of size. I hope they really exploit it

So we went from arguing over Neymar to arguing over Barca. Awesome...can Saturday get here so we at least have something else to talk about?

Although, with Arsenal/Chelsea and El Clasico tomorrow, it'll probably just continue.

To me boring is keeping possession yet not creating chances or getting forward at all and just going sideways and backwards. 

How do you say Barca didn't create chances but earlier say have 20+ attacks. 
I'm not a fan of either but any of you acting like Chelsea got anything less than lucky weren't watching the same game.

Valdez showed once again how much of a sorry keeper he is, if Chelsea do it again at the Nou Camp then I might give them some props.

The game reminded me of Swiss vs. Spain in the last World cup

Anyways there is a Soccer Festival in Pier40 tomorrow. Some famous athletes are suppose to attend. 

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

WordI understand why people hate on the Yankees and my Lakers but how can anyone hate on Barcelona?All they do is entertain us with the most brilliant skills, plays and goals.Someday you'll tell your kids you got to see the 3 in a row ballon d oro winner and his squad play for and earn the triple crown

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

WordI understand why people hate on the Yankees and my Lakers but how can anyone hate on Barcelona?All they do is entertain us with the most brilliant skills, plays and goals.Someday you'll tell your kids you got to see the 3 in a row ballon d oro winner and his squad play for and earn the triple crown

I never understood how there could be that many die hard Barcelona supporters out there, I mean are you guys from there or do you have family there? I understand admiring a certain team's style of play, but if it's not your hometown team or a team in which you are linked to in some way, why all this support as if you have been this die hard your whole life??

Also didn't know there were that many brits on NT, with all the prem supporters in here.

Back
Top Bottom