The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

derby is gonna be
pimp.gif

got the day off to watch it!
citeh!

Guardiola has been criticised for his selection and tactics but, in a tense press conference, he launched into a long rant after a Spanish journalist probed him on his decision to field Cristian Tello against Madrid.

"The press should attack me or the older players," Guardiola said. "He played a f****** good game. I mean most of the dangerous chances were created by him."

Tell 'em why you mad, Pep.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Guardiola has been criticised for his selection and tactics but, in a tense press conference, he launched into a long rant after a Spanish journalist probed him on his decision to field Cristian Tello against Madrid.

"The press should attack me or the older players," Guardiola said. "He played a f****** good game. I mean most of the dangerous chances were created by him."

Tell 'em why you mad, Pep.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Scott Parker tho?
I just dont see how hes on the best XI.. Or England captain for that matter.

The guy has zero influence on the game.
Either not serious or has never seen Parker play?

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Scott Parker tho?

He does have an impact. 
Parker stays on the defensive tip.  I've seen a few of their counterattacks spring up from his defensive work. 

You probably don't see the impact moving forward cause of Modric, Bale and RVV, but Parker puts in work.
Ehh the guy is a hard worker.. I will give him that..
But is he working so hard to the point that any other aspect of his game doesnt matter?
Have you looked at Parkers stats?

Ramires works just as hard and hes better.

Alex Song consistently outperforms Parker..

Parker may win the ball but he rarely has a final pass/assist. 

Not only does Song win the ball but his final pass has been really good. He deserves some kind of recognition 

Nobody can convince me that Parker deserves it more than Song.

EDIT: England wont go anywhere with Parker as captain. Its time to give up to Rooney.

Finally saw the highlites from the Man United/ Everton match....wow.....some great football on display.

Cant wait for Monday.

All I ask for tomorrow is for Pep to NOT HOLD BACK! Put out your best squad out there with no hesitation. I know those boys are hungry and their egos are hurt and if they want a chance at revenge, they better beat Chelsea!

Scott Parker tho?

He does have an impact. 
Parker stays on the defensive tip.  I've seen a few of their counterattacks spring up from his defensive work. 

You probably don't see the impact moving forward cause of Modric, Bale and RVV, but Parker puts in work.
But is he working so hard to the point that any other aspect of his game doesnt matter?

Not only does Song win the ball but his final pass has been really good. He deserves some kind of recognition 

Ok I agree with you on several points but saying the guy has 0 impact on the game is beyond hyperbole.

Alex Song 
pimp.gif
is in my mind the best holding mid in the EPL right now and has been for over a year. I thought this article from my favorite EPL site did a good job of analyzing that ability with the final pass you're talking about.

I'm not sure I'd say Ramires is better than Parker but he does work just as hard and he's certainly more versatile.

Looking at Parker's "stats" on espn soccer net isn't going to tell you much one way or the other but I do feel what you're saying.

Of course the British media is going to slob him like the second coming, he's their golden boy right now.  Watch that all change when England bombs out of the Euros this summer. Parker is still a very good player though.

Let's go Chelsea today 
pimp.gif

They can't win by playing Defense all game long, Too bad I'll only be able to watch the first half

Juventus joined others in the hunt of Robin van Persie.
Bolton maintains their realationship with Gretar Steinsson due to a fault till 20014
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

He does have an impact. 

Ok I agree with you on several points but saying the guy has 0 impact on the game is beyond hyperbole.

Alex Song 
pimp.gif
is in my mind the best holding mid in the EPL right now and has been for over a year. I thought this article from my favorite EPL site did a good job of analyzing that ability with the final pass you're talking about.

I'm not sure I'd say Ramires is better than Parker but he does work just as hard and he's certainly more versatile.

Looking at Parker's "stats" on espn soccer net isn't going to tell you much one way or the other but I do feel what you're saying.

Of course the British media is going to slob him like the second coming, he's their golden boy right now.  Watch that all change when England bombs out of the Euros this summer. Parker is still a very good player though.

Yea.. The zero impact statement was hyperbole..
I was just trying to make a point.

You are spot on with the media comment.. The FA and media just love that guy.

But the way Alex Song played this year.. Its a shame he gets no credit 
30t6p3b.gif

Such nice passes to RVP.. And not to mention that assist he made for Henry in the FA cup..

I almost cried tears of joy when I watched.

Originally Posted by engoi

Juventus joined others in the hunt of Robin van Persie.
Bolton maintains their realationship with Gretar Steinsson due to a fault till 20014
roll.gif
Yes Juve neeeeeeeed a striker who can find the back of the net. Can't wait to see Juve in the Champions League next season.

"The press should attack me or the older players," Guardiola said. "He played a f****** good game. I mean most of the dangerous chances - for Madrid -were created by him."

Edited

Tello lost the ball that Ozil assited to Ronaldo
Tello also missed 3 or 4 shots on goal.
Sanchez comes in and bang he scores.

Anyway that game is over. Lets beat the "Blue Bus" today and hope Madrid beat Bayern and joins us in the final. 
Lionel-Messi.jpg

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

And the next minute bang Ronaldo scores to seal the victory. I'm glad he came on because Barcelona still had 20 minutes after the Ronaldo goal to equalize/win. They did neither.

Quit looking for scapegoats. I know it eases the pain to seek scapegoats after a frustrating loss, but the fact is that they beat them legit on their own stadium. Move on.

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

"The press should attack me or the older players," Guardiola said. "He played a f****** good game. I mean most of the dangerous chances - for Madrid -were created by him."

Edited

oie2123360s7kvihrk.gif

Back
Top Bottom