The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

anyone know where i can see the "Ukraine Hidden Hooligans" special from sky a couple nights ago, i would love you <3

Originally Posted by engoi

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Apparently Arsenal needs to see 200k a week for RVP to stay (yes, that is less than other offers, but it's about 70k more than what they originally offered)...
If RVP goes, I doubt he'll stay in EPL...he'll go somewhere else. I think he loves Arsenal deep down...he'd rather win in another league then leave Arsenal for City/United.  But who knows...
Who could match that offer ? Moneywise the PL or Real Madrid is the way to go and I don't think Real Madrid needs him.
Technically the only teams that can realistically match that offer are:
City

United

PSG

Real Madrid

Barcelona

Juventus (questionable)

Anzhi Makhachkala

A few other random Qatar based teams

Reading are putting in a bid for Joe Cole to purchase from Liverpool (he only has 2 seasons left on his loan).
Spurs are looking to pick up Arona Kone (Ivory Coast) on free transfer. 

Viera being a typical troll has claimed that Arsenal have left it too late to re-sign RVP. 

Brendan Rodgers turned down an interview with Liverpool. Basically told them that what he did against Liverpool on the field this year was enough. He ain't answering no more questions.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Ole Gunnar Skoagalgkshalderrr interviewing with Villa.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Brendan Rodgers turned down an interview with Liverpool. Basically told them that what he did against Liverpool on the field this year was enough. He ain't answering no more questions.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Ole Gunnar Skoagalgkshalderrr interviewing with Villa.

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

It'll be good to see the Baby-Faced Assassin getting experience in the prem... 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

pimp.gif
I love big soccer commercials.

Nothing tops "it's not about politics" from ESPN for WC10 though.
I love em too..
But the best Nike commercial is when Brazil was in the airport 1998 WC..

Or the one where the boy rubs the steak all over the soccer ball and dribbles from the dogs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Originally Posted by engoi

His manager said he could sign with Bayern.

Geez nobody wants to be a legend nowadays..
Why not stay at City and defend the title..?

Plenty of people want to be known for winning in as many leagues as they can.  To them, that's what makes them a legend. 

Many people complained why didn't Mourinho stay and defend titles on his way up to RM, but when you look at what he's done (winning in different leagues), he's a legend already. 

I could understand that as a manager.. You have all the time in the world to bounce from country to country.. League to league.
But as a player.. Your prime is like 5 years. Maybe like 8 if your are true great.

So lets say Yaya goes to Bayern and they win the domestic league and CL.. So what?

Bayern was great club before him and they will be great after him..

City on the other hand.. They have a chance to change things in the EPL..

And if Yaya can lead City to the top again.. 

I think that makes him more of a legend than if he were to win in Germany..

But I for sure see your point.

Winning titles in different leagues is a major accomplishment.

But transfering to title contenders around europe is an easy thing to do.. For a top player like Yaya.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by babam11218719

We aren't getting Kagawa.  I would love it though.  The back pages have started to make me question if we really are going to be able to keep RVP.
ohwell.gif
  I just hope we aren't forced to sell him to one of the Manchester clubs.  Hopefully he knows that he can't do that if ever wants to be remembered fondly at the Emirates.  I feel like that there is genuine love for the club so hopefully he doesn't end up at City. 

Apparently Arsenal needs to see 200k a week for RVP to stay (yes, that is less than other offers, but it's about 70k more than what they originally offered)...
If RVP goes, I doubt he'll stay in EPL...he'll go somewhere else. I think he loves Arsenal deep down...he'd rather win in another league then leave Arsenal for City/United.  But who knows...

@Mastamind I'm still not sure how Chamakh is still a professional footballer at a top flight club 
30t6p3b.gif
 it boggles my mind...

Him and other Arsenal players
30t6p3b.gif
hopefully we can let a good amount in this transfer window and sign some people and promote people from the reserves or utilize what players we have loaned out. 
Originally Posted by quik1987

Shinji x Ryo would be 
pimp.gif

Hope RVP doesn't sell out Arsenal. Go for the glory not the money.
That's why I can't wait to see Japan play.
I feel that RVP really does love the club but he feels hindered. I don't think he is too concerned about the money. 

According to Wiki, we signed M'Vila
30t6p3b.gif

^I'm with ya'll I'm honestly more excited to see the back of some players in the squad than I am about the potential signings we could make. 
The stakes are that much higher in the fight for CL football in the upcoming seasons.

[h1]
[h1]Champions League final 2012: Chelsea or Tottenham stand to lose out on £80m Europe bonanza[/h1][h2]Chelsea or Tottenham Hotspur will miss out on potential income of perhaps more than €100 million (£80.5 million) next season, depending on how events turn out on Saturday night.[/h2]
Triumph would put Chelsea directly into next season’s group phase of Europe’s premier competition, eliminating fourth-place Tottenham before a ball has been kicked. Failure would preserve Spurs’ place in the tournament’s third qualifying round but would see Chelsea miss out on what will be the richest-ever Champions League tournament.

Next season is the first of a new three-year broadcast cycle for Uefa and the broadcast element of the competition’s revenues which, including sponsorships, currently total €1.1 billion (£850 million) — will at least double.

That could mean the €51.025 million earned by last season’s champions, Barcelona, would become €100 million in the 2012-3 to 2014-5 cycle. Indeed, with England’s broadcast market generating more cash for English clubs than their continental competitors, the impact could be even greater here.

When Real Madrid reached the Champions League semi-finals in 2010-11 they earned €39.3 million; Chelsea, despite only progressing to the quarter-finals, earned €44.5 million.

Yet even those returns will be dwarfed from next season according to indications from the 100-plus territorial broadcast deals Uefa has already agreed. “We have not finished yet but we have at least achieved treble-digit growth,
[/h1]

Back
Top Bottom