The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Something like this would have been better.
29vcqye.jpg

Not sure what you guys thought about this one, but I really liked this color scheme. It'd be cool if they brought something similar back

arsenal_2006_local_2.jpg

That was a one year shirt to commemorate the last season at Highbury.  Basically to replicate the first every shirts Arsenal wore I believe.  Or maybe the first shirt worn at Highbury.  Either way, Arsenal people would not allow Nike to do away with the white sleeve/red shirt combo unless it was for a one off special occasion.  Im a huge fan of that kit by the way.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Wait, why would Hulk go over to Chelsea when Porto plays Champions League football?
A team who is playing in the CL final in 5 days doesn't play CL football? 
lol. k 

You missed the point.

No i got it, it was just a dumb one. When Porto is playing in a CL final and Chelsea is sitting at home getting its best players bought up by bigger clubs then maybe that joke won't be as wack. 

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Southhampton looking to pick up Jarvis from Wolves. 
Remy will only come to Tottenham is they qualify for CL (through Bayern winning). 

Athletico have put a 50m pound price tag on Falcao. (rumor: Chelsea are willing to offer Torres + 15m)

Liverpool looking to pick up Diame for free transfer. 

Chelsea looking into Demba Ba (take this with a bit of salt)

Arsenal offering 130k per week + 5m signing bonus to RVP. (City are willing to throw him 220k a week)

Reading looking to pick up Hoilet from Blackburn.
- Jarvis would be a good signing for Southampton, He is a steady EPL winger and always impressed for Wolves - Got capped for England in 2011 also
tongue.gif

- Remy is overrated IMO - Spurs should look elsewhere, especially at the Price they want
- I can Hoillett ending up at a bigger team, maybe a Liverpool or Newcastle

Arsenal offering 130k per week + 5m signing bonus to RVP. (City are willing to throw him 220k a week)

2 things: Arsenal needs to offer RVP what he wants, and I really hope Robin isn't gonna try to take the easy way out and sign with Man City, a la Nasri.

And I really hope Chelsea doesn't get a hold of Ba. Last thing I want to see on that team is another deadly striker.

Originally Posted by Noskey

2 things: Arsenal needs to offer RVP what he wants, and I really hope Robin isn't gonna try to take the easy way out and sign with Man City, a la Nasri.

And I really hope Chelsea doesn't get a hold of Ba. Last thing I want to see on that team is another deadly striker.
Honestly, this situation is messed up.  Cause technically speaking, RVP is wasting away at Arsenal.  Dude is sensational when he stays fit, and he should really be a Champions League winning striker.  I believe he should leave.  Just not to City.  I don't think City will be a Champions League winning side as early as next season.  They'll still have a few teething problems of performing well in ALL competitions and not just one.  It's also difficult cause honestly at 28, RVP only has a season or two more of playing at the peak of his game, and not many clubs can pay as well as City and PSG.   
Ba to Chelsea, if it ever happened would be interesting.  I could actually see that move fitting.  With Torres, Ba and Sturridge, that's decent strikeforce (probably one player still missing though)
Prettyboy RY7 wrote:

- Jarvis would be a good signing for Southampton, He is a steady EPL winger and always impressed for Wolves - Got capped for England in 2011 also 
tongue.gif

- Remy is overrated IMO - Spurs should look elsewhere, especially at the Price they want
- I can Hoillett ending up at a bigger team, maybe a Liverpool or Newcastle

I would agree.  Jarvis is reliable.  He was beasting for me in my fantasy team in the beginning of the season, but he was at a weak squad.  His experience will help develop Southampton. 
I honestly haven't seen Remy play enough, but I know Spurs need some marquee signings if they want to keep RVV, Modric & Bale.  

Hoilett has potential.  I saw some wonder goals from him this season.  You're right, if Newcastle gets rid of Ba, maybe Hoilett is the man to fill his shoes. 

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

shinji in manchester today 
nerd.gif

With something like 17 goals and 14 assists (might be wrong on these figures) this past season...he's EXACTLY what we need beasting up the middle.  

Kenwyne Jones might be put up for sale.... QPR, Anzhi Makachkala (Russian oil billionaire money- Where Eto'o plays), Southampton are all interested.
Modric announced AGAIN, that he could leave Spurs at the end of the Euro's....United and City are both interested.
Sunderland trying to pick up defenders Steven Fletcher (Wolves) and Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea).
Swansea looking to pick up striker Simon Cox and Bedi Buval (Feirense).
Barcelona looking into Drogba on free transfer.

i cant believe stewart downing is in the england squad

gary hooper would solve the striker problem but its to late for that

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Calm down trunks. All 3 players are different. It's not like they just replaced RVP for Podolski. They just wanted to showcase the new signing

Edit
laugh.gif
you realized it. Anyway those purple away are like nothing I have ever seen before. I don't really think they look like those united aways at all. Those would probably look pretty nice on the pitch. Not sure how they would look casually though.
laugh.gif
 Yeah I did realize it after a bit. I just got done reading the story about Robin potentionally pushing his contract talks back so I was pretty wound up. 
laugh.gif
I just dont want another summer like last year. 

Apparently Yaya claims he's done everything he needed to do in EPL, and that he's looking for a new challenge.

Take that how you want...

Apparently Yaya claims he's done everything he needed to do in EPL, and that he's looking for a new challenge.

His manager said he could sign with Bayern.

Originally Posted by engoi

His manager said he could sign with Bayern.

Geez nobody wants to be a legend nowadays..
Why not stay at City and defend the title..?

Sunderland trying to pick up defenders Steven Fletcher (Wolves) and Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea).
Barcelona looking into Drogba on free transfer.
Man where are you getting this nonsense?
laugh.gif

Chelsea is definitely not letting Bertrand go to no Sunderland. He's the heir apparent to Ashley Cole and has played very well this season with lots of potential.

Drogba's contract is up. He can go anywhere he doesn't need to transfer.

Back
Top Bottom