The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Fulham have signed Brian Ruiz..

Dempsey to arsenal
nerd.gif

I like that Park signing 
pimp.gif
Now Arsene needs to get players to fill the void Cesc and Samir left...

tonton32 wrote:

diego lugano to PSG
pimp.gif
   love the way he plays, and that PSG side is getting better for cheap, they are looking at amauri too

I really wanted Lugano to pair up with Chiellini at Juve.
I really thought Amuari was going to be a hit in Turin. He had the heart and seemed like he really wanted to be there and wear the shirt. Then he returned from his loan at Parma got booed of the stage when introduced at the start of Julys training camp and realized he wasn't so loved 
laugh.gif
.  I'm sure he'll go somewhere and score like 17 goals and all Juventini will be kicking themselves. 

It still baffles me that Arsene Wenger hasn't shown more considerable interest in Lloris and Sakho. In form, Lloris has the potential to be a top 5 keeper in the world. Sakho has valuable experience/leadership, can play CB/LB, and can also get forward on set pieces. Yes both acquisitions would be pricey especially Lloris, but Arsenal has $ to spend off Cesc and Nasri. 
Gunners fans should be horribly disappointed if Hazard doesn't end up at Emirates. Not to mention one of the Brazilian lads I'm very fond of from Shakhtar. Jadson, Douglas Costa, and Willian are all QUALITY players. 

^ PSG now have stupid wealthy owners so no money is going to temp them to part with their captain. And In regards to Lloris, Wenger has always believed that Szczseny is a world class talent (hes young but he has all the pieces to become WC), so now that he is our number one Wenger isnt going to buy anyone to bench him. 

Now that we've picked up a CB, LB,  and a ST recently it only leaves midfield left to strengthen.

Wenger is apparently in France so M'vila and Marvin tomorrow and *Magic Johnson voice* "Arsenal FC is BACK!!!!"

Originally Posted by Noskey

I like that Park signing 
pimp.gif
Now Arsene needs to get players to fill the void Cesc and Samir left...

Hopefully C.Y. Park will be the thorn in the side to United that J.S. Park is to us.

M'Vila would be a great signing for Arsenal regardless of the hefty price tag. I'm surprised Wenger is about to break the club record fee, but his hand has been forced after the weekend's 8-2 defeat at the hands of United. 
My reference to Sakho has been persistent in nearly a two-year time span. The young CB could have been had long before the QIA purchased a majority share of the club. Sakho's potential and leadership has never been a secret, one would think given Arsene's preference and knowledge of French players that Sakho would have been scooped up at 19/20 much like his other youthful projects (Miyaichi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Frimpong, etc.) 

I've given Szczeny the benefit of the doubt even through the blunder in the CC Final against Birmingham, and my conclusion is that despite his young age (21) Szczeny probably will never be a world-class keeper. I find it unlikely that he reaches the level of Cech, Hart, VDS, or even Howard. 

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Hargreaves may have had a medical with City? %+*%+%* Judas

My thoughts exactly, United paid that scumbag for his whole contract while he only played 28games in 4 years!  
mad.gif

Show a tiny bit of class Hargreaves.

Not sure how Park improves United, hes a squad player at best. Santos doesn't really improve Arsenal too much either, guy has no top level
experience other than playing for Brazil. Would take Santon over him. Mertesacker on the other hand is a scary good addition, adds so much
quality to the backline.

Don't think M'vila is leaving, could be completely wrong though.

Why Tottenham didn't sign Ruiz after he clearly wanted to come here makes no sense. Redknapp is an absolute ****** when it comes to foreign
transfers. Only wants his boys to come in like Scott Parker, Carlton Cole, Joe Cole, etc. *facepalm* Ruiz would've been perfect to add competition
to Bale and Lennon. Wish we could get Adam Johnson on loan too.

Modric could possibly have been sold for £42 Million + Exchange (Benayoun? I assume). Not real sure about this though. If you thought transfer
stories were bad during the summer, the crock that comes up this last couple of days is even worse. Like the possibility of Kaka to Spurs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Anyone else feel like AVB has been overly cautious in his first transfer window for Chelsea? 
Would imagine even with Romans money he doesn't want to make huge risks. He's only been there for a few months.
Come January or next summer, assuming he's still there, he will definitely be more comfortable in the situation he's
been put in. A complete reversal of what the transfer policy was at Porto

I think Redknapp was ready to part with Modric a while ago, it's Levy's ego that's held up the whole Modric to Chelsea process. Now Spurs' entire season is negatively impacted as evidenced by their first couple matches. Playing United and City back-to-back isn't exactly easy to begin with. 

One of them is definitely Van der Wiel. Personally I like VDW as a young RB but he's gonna have a hard time finding the pitch with the form Bosingwa is currently in. AVB unlocked something in Bosingwa because I thought both he and Ferreira were done. 

Looks like Chelsea is strengthening their defense with Van Der Wiel and Pereira. Apparently, Porto accepted the 20M which is great. Neither are necessarily game changing defenders but both are young and provide a huge spark on the defensive side of things. Plus, Pereira is expendable into the midfield and wing.

Originally Posted by andreasbabz

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Hargreaves may have had a medical with City? %+*%+%* Judas

My thoughts exactly, United paid that scumbag for his whole contract while he only played 28games in 4 years!  
mad.gif

Show a tiny bit of class Hargreaves.

A few weeks ago I heard utd fans calling him desperate because he told them he was willing to play for FREE, they obviously turned him down. Ill try to find the article. Anybody else hear the Ronaldhino to Arsenal rumors? Final days of the deadline sure are crazy.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Anybody else hear the Ronaldhino to Arsenal rumors? Final days of the deadline sure are crazy.

That would be... interesting.

Helmes on his way to Sunderland ?
Tremmel to Swansea
Michael Bradley to Chievo Verona
Elia to Juventus

Franck Ribery to Chelsea ?
The Sun reports the rumour, Ribery for 35mil Euros to Chelsea.
It's The Sun, but it would make sense for Bayern to sell him.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

M'Vila would be a great signing for Arsenal regardless of the hefty price tag. I'm surprised Wenger is about to break the club record fee, but his hand has been forced after the weekend's 8-2 defeat at the hands of United. 
My reference to Sakho has been persistent in nearly a two-year time span. The young CB could have been had long before the QIA purchased a majority share of the club. Sakho's potential and leadership has never been a secret, one would think given Arsene's preference and knowledge of French players that Sakho would have been scooped up at 19/20 much like his other youthful projects (Miyaichi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Frimpong, etc.) 

I've given Szczeny the benefit of the doubt even through the blunder in the CC Final against Birmingham, and my conclusion is that despite his young age (21) Szczeny probably will never be a world-class keeper. I find it unlikely that he reaches the level of Cech, Hart, VDS, or even Howard. 

During the window you suggested we should have got Sakho, we brought in TV and he came in beasted right away and was named in the XI of the season at the end of the year. Although people want/expect him to, Arsene can't sign every single talented youth player out there.Szczseny is still young and although he has had a few costly blunders for us he can only get better.

There's a link to Keisuke Honda today, as well.

Joe Cole to Lille has been announced by the team.

Back
Top Bottom