The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I know Sir Alex has mentioned in the past his dislike for blades, but I always thought it was due to the potential injuries it would cause to other players, rather than the player wearing them. That's from what I remember, anyway... I could be wrong.
yup.

again actual spiked cleats would do more damage... in theory anyway maybe the blade part is too sharp and acts as a real blade?

that should be easily fixed by the manufacturers tho...

http://soccernet.espn.go....ry?id=343663&cc=5901

Man after watching the Euro qualifiers does anyone else think that internationals will be done before 2020? I died watching a poor Italy scrape by with a lucky 1-0 win.

I feel that they get in the way of club seasons and cause more injuries than anything.

The way FIFA is going what with all their corruption, I can see a proper Club World Cup coming in every four years.

It would be awesome, but maybe I am thinking this cause my country is useless lol. What do you chaps think?

you really think theres gunna be no more world cup? ur crazy.

being american though, the one thing im hoping for to happen eventually since i have no vested interest in euro countries is that the champions league is no longer a group+knockout tournament and becomes a 20 team league.

i know its a long shot and supports a rich getting richer poor getting poorer ideal that i hate, but id rather see elite level play every week than elite teams scheduled to play crap ones for 75% of their schedule.

it can basically be like how the nba is the hub of all the top pro teams in the world.

Originally Posted by andreasbabz

Man after watching the Euro qualifiers does anyone else think that internationals will be done before 2020? I died watching a poor Italy scrape by with a lucky 1-0 win.

I feel that they get in the way of club seasons and cause more injuries than anything.

The way FIFA is going what with all their corruption, I can see a proper Club World Cup coming in every four years.

It would be awesome, but maybe I am thinking this cause my country is useless lol. What do you chaps think?
Never dude.  The amount of money the World Cup generates along with money made from International fixtures is too valuable.

I know its not always the most fluid football but its about that $ in the end and football is a business as well.

There were rumblings about a "Superleague" where the Champions League clubs would leave their domestic leagues and play with the best in Europe but it was only proposed.

FIFA would never give up the revenue generated from the World Cup. There is absolutely no way. Between club and world football, I think club football would dematerialize first (not saying either will though).

CripwalkinK wrote:

FIFA would never give up the revenue generated from the World Cup. There is absolutely no way. Between club and world football, I think club football would dematerialize first (not saying either will though).

G14 (now finished and replaced by ECA) had been threatening to disband from FIFA for their apparent corruption, (albeit for years lol) so its not unfathomable.  So it may not be a question of whether FIFA will give up the cash, it could end up with FIFA being boycotted by the major countries and have no choice but to disband.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/26/europe-top-clubs-fifa-revolt - here is a good article.

I just wonder, I doubt anything would happen.

CripwalkinK wrote:

G14 (now finished and replaced by ECA) had been threatening to disband from FIFA for their apparent corruption, (albeit for years lol) so its not unfathomable.  So it may not be a question of whether FIFA will give up the cash, it could end up with FIFA being boycotted by the major countries and have no choice but to disband.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/26/europe-top-clubs-fifa-revolt - here is a good article.

I just wonder, I doubt anything would happen.

Yeah I strongly doubt anything comes out of this. I just think federations, much like the fans, want Sepp Blatter to step down already.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Gareth Bale is amazing. Been a while since I've seen anyone make Ashley Cole look that bad.

France
laugh.gif
France is so lucky they're in an easy group...yet, they're only one point ahead of Bosnia.
30t6p3b.gif

thought i'd share with you guys in here as well...Utd's CL namesets for this season:

i hope they have Cantona's just like the last time...

"Another day, another ‘it couldn’t happen to anyone else’ tale of Balo-madness.

According to the Beeb, Italian police have requested an interview with Mario Balotelli over a visit he paid to a known ‘Mafia hotspot’ in Naples almost a year ago.

Balotelli was photographed in the company of several high-ranking members of the Neapolitan mafia, known as the ‘Camorra’, as he toured around Scampia – one of the most deprived, violent and crime-ridden parts of the city.

The Camorra are known to have forged links with Diego Maradona during his Napoli days in the 1980s, and Italian organised crime investigators are keen to suss out whether Balotelli may have inadvertently made similar connections during his wanderings – though, they stress, they do no suspect him of having committed any crime.

The Man City striker has been summoned to appear before prosecutors as a witness on September 15th, ironically the very day after City play Napoli in their maiden Champions League outing.

How convenient."

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom