The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

I said man u gets a easy group cause they don't have ac Milan they don't have Dortmund top teams benifica is a ok team Manu didn't play their while team so that's what they get.

Gasp let his best player eto go. They need younger players starting to look like ac with the older players a season or two ago. They need to get some good young players

^Learn how to post.

sick.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i am dissapoint, 3 points was a must
Not necessarily, IMO.  On paper, this was their hardest task.. away at Benfica, the toughest team on their group.  Had you offered SAF a draw before this match, he probably would have gladly taken it.  No disrespect to the other teams, of course... "on paper".  
i agree 100%.

its clear SAF has saved his best side for the chelsea match, but he knew it was important to get at least a point from the hardest match in the group for us..no hiding that it was a very poor performance though, given the play we've shown as of yet...

what im more concerned about is what the %+$! is going on with berbatov! for the life of me i cant seem to figure out what the story is. I just feel like he surely had to play today, i mean hes already said he doesnt want out, SAF says he wants him here, i mean he was the co-golden boot recipient last season..im lost.

im always on the side of the gaffer, but i just feel like unless there is some story we dont know, berbas being mistreated. 

/mini rant

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Quick question for the UK heads here, my pops is going up to London and Manchester on business, I was wondering if y'all knew stores that sold official football kits. I'm trying to get a Chelsea long sleeve, any info would be great, thanks.

Why not just send him over to Fulham and pick one up at Stamford Bridge? If I remember correctly its like a 5 minute walk from the tube station at Fulham Broadway.

I dont know why ppl make a big deal about group stages...over the past two years there have been very little upsets in group stages. At the end all the big teams go through.

so glad i dont have to work sunday, im gonna go with 2-1 man u, this wont be a high scoring game, maybe even a 1-1 draw, and i also predict a fernando torres goal

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Quick question for the UK heads here, my pops is going up to London and Manchester on business, I was wondering if y'all knew stores that sold official football kits. I'm trying to get a Chelsea long sleeve, any info would be great, thanks.

Why not just send him over to Fulham and pick one up at Stamford Bridge? If I remember correctly its like a 5 minute walk from the tube station at Fulham Broadway.
Yeah I told him to check Stamford Bridge as well.
pimp.gif

I'll agree with most people's 2-1 prediction. Maybe Lukaku will grab a late goal off the bench to show his worth?

I would like to be optimistic, but I do not realistically see a way that Chelsea can get three points from this one, barring a remarkable performance from some of our fellas.

We haven't seen AVB deploy Ivanovic at RB yet, but I think we will need to have him play RB in these fixtures or else Bosingwa will get skinned by Ashley all afternoon. I expect Terry and Luiz to partner in the middle, and I would imagine that the midfield three would be Mikel, Lampard, and Ramires, but that leaves Mata with hopefully Sturridge, and as much as I hate to say, a gaping hole at the CF position. I don't trust Torres or Anelka against United, and I feel like we are going to need to find a goal from that position to win. Hopefully I am incorrect, but I just do not think it is in the cards for the Blues on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom