The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

sloppy United performance...glad for the two goals they got at Amsterdam...
vs Bilbao in the next round...
I'll say... 
eyes.gif

The looked so positive at the beginning too.  Risky backline though... average age was, what, under 25?  Lucky.  
Good stuff Trunks.  How tough was it to get the tix?

Thanks for the comments guys and I said it was a such a great experience. I'm surprised I think my GF had a even better time than I did at the game and she doesn't even like soccer.
laugh.gif
 I think I've convinced her that it would be fun getting to go to various cities and catch matches (Preferably involving Arsenal in the CL).

Sinner: Tickets were pretty easy to get as Racing isnt a powerhouse/ huge rival. They went to general sale on Monday (the week of the game) at 1am PST with all together about 5000 tickets spread throughout the stadium available. A bunch of nonsense came about from trying to actually buy them as an error kept happening when I went to confirm and charge my card (Despite having the "Verified by Visa" step the fraud department was not letting the purchase go through and my seats would be gone when I when I started over) I mention this because all you need to do is make sure your bank notes that you are trying to use it in Spain as you'd likely be buying before you leave....save yourself a headache like mine. You print the ticket out at the box office at the stadium the day of the game by swiping the credit card you paid with and you're in there. 

HAM: They were 65 euros each ($175 total for both). Pretty great deal IMO for second level, 3 rows back, just before the corner flag. Seats were double to sit a bit more central, closer to midfield on the same tier but you could see everything perfectly from our seats.

codeIVC: Barca vs Villareal at the Nou Camp, thats dope man!   

M4rioL thats awesome! You should dig them out and post them, I'd love to see them. In fact everyone should post any pictures that ya'll taken at various football grounds while touring the globe. I love to travel so it would be more motivation for me and anyone else to save and do it.

Arshavin to Zenit on loan is official. It was strange coming back to the states and seeing that he was playing for the reserves a few days ago yet he didn't just come back from injury. I have more faith in him picking a pass as our CAM than Ramsey or Rosicky and I dont understand why we didnt try 
Song--Arteta

Arshavin

Theo -RVP- Ox

As Arshavin is wasted on the wings as he doesnt have the legs anymore to beat his man but I believe he still has a bit of magic left in him and Theo needs space and through balls to run onto inbehind the defense to be effective and neither Ramsey or Rosicky can pick a splitting pass. We need to play players to their strengths, yes we lose work rate in the middle but I hate seeing Ramsey slow our attack to a stand still and then pass it sideways/backwards or watch them swing it to Theo in the flat and watch him waste possession trying to beat his man.  

Johan Cruyff in Chivas... Exactly nobody knows the real role he's going to have, he's right now in Omnilife Stadium with his presentation...

Originally Posted by ImNacho

Johan Cruyff in Chivas... Exactly nobody knows the real role he's going to have, he's right now in Omnilife Stadium with his presentation...

I heard as a adviser. So knowing Vergara I can kinda guess how it will go.

Cruyff: We need new players
Vergara:We can bring someone from the youth team
Cruyff: We need one of these trainers
Vergara: I like this other guy.
Cruyff: This young player is good we need to protect him
Vergara:  I think its better if he plays on the first squad.
Cruyff: What did you bring me for?
Vergara: What? I thought you knew..as a gimmick
-After some time passes-
Vergara: It seems bringing in Cruyff was a bad decision, he seemed to not understand the Chivas institution and what we want.

forza milan!
i'm pumped for this game. no ibra means milan plays higher pace and it suits pato's style more as he becomes much more focal. emmanuelson has been coming into his own quite a bit over the last few weeks in the trequarista role and this is a big test for him. i wish my guy boateng was playing, especially since i have yet to see muntari perform. hopefully robinho can pull his weight a little bit more after his two goal CL performance ideally boosted his confidence. i'd like to see el sharawaay for him in the 67th minute, let the young gun grab a winner.

Originally Posted by Aztec

-After some time passes-
Vergara: It seems bringing in Cruyff was a bad decision, he seemed to not understand the Chivas institution and what we want.
I will ad.

Cruyff: I think we need to change from turf to the real deal.
Vergara: 
laugh.gif

Wow, they disallowed a 100% legit goal for Milan. Should be up 2-0. How the hell can this happen? Didn't FIFA say that they were adding a ref JUST for these situations to see that the ball has cleared the goal line?

EDIT: This was actually disallowed:

fb80f44caa9ed37ea369401be3a437f7.jpg

laugh.gif
at disallowing that goal. Buffon's head, shoulders and chest are inside the goal and he's holding the ball over his head.
laugh.gif

Italian soccer for you. The lineman appears to be looking directly at the ball inside the goal. Nothing to shield his line of vision.

new work schedule got me missing alot of soccer . was unemployed 2 months and watched like everyday it seemed . and now i get a day off tomorrow and looks like the unted game isnt going to be on any of the fox channels or espn

Originally Posted by Aztec

-After some time passes-
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

laugh.gif
at disallowing that goal. Buffon's head, shoulders and chest are inside the goal and he's holding the ball over his head.
laugh.gif

Italian soccer for you. The lineman appears to be looking directly at the ball inside the goal. Nothing to shield his line of vision.

laugh.gif
 how the hell is lack of goal line technology a sign of italian soccer? where you sitting at your tv laughing about italian soccer when lampards shot crossed the line and no goal was given against germany in south africa? ever since calciopoli people try to clown italian football but its erroneous. i do believe they have 3 squads in the knockout round, 2 of which are currently sending arsenal and chelsea home. 

Back
Top Bottom