The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

in all fairness owen was very injury prone during his time at united
True. In recent years, I'm actually surprised Fergie hasn't bought a legitimate world-class RB. I suppose that's showing faith in Rafael. He's showed fairly well attacking at least in the early campaign. Wonder if Jones or Smalling take his spot once fit.

Evra's time is done as a world-class LB. Buttner get ready to play within a year or so.

Regarding Ronaldo, the timing of this was too perfect for it not to be calculated. He announced his "unhappiness" after the window was closed and right before 2 weeks of International break. The media won't have anything significant to talk about it except this. There are many theories from all over but it's safe to say that this about his contract. Several players have had their contracts renewed/extended by the club so I'm sure that's part of the bitterness.
I have no doubt that it will be resolved. Tactical move by the player and his agent.. but in poor taste because it stole the show from the team's victory.

pretty much sums up my opinion on the subject..

both messi and ronaldo seem way to far down this list.. im sure this is his plan to "fix" this..

Regarding Ronaldo, the timing of this was too perfect for it not to be calculated. He announced his "unhappiness" after the window was closed and right before 2 weeks of International break. The media won't have anything significant to talk about it except this. There are many theories from all over but it's safe to say that this about his contract. Several players have had their contracts renewed/extended by the club so I'm sure that's part of the bitterness.
I have no doubt that it will be resolved. Tactical move by the player and his agent.. but in poor taste because it stole the show from the team's victory.

both messi and ronaldo seem way to far down this list.. im sure this is his plan to "fix" this..

Wow didn't know they were so "underpaid" compared to others.

I hope this is the reason and Real Madrid restructures his contract asap

its not the names that dont belong its the order... and torres does not belong on there.. he isnt even the best player on his team
That was my point. A pure joke on El Nino. His play has gotten significantly better this campaign thanks to Hazard (Chelsea's current best player, early but rightfully so) and Mata. Service has been on-point.

Not Portuguese, but I've dated many Portuguese girls and used to frequent the Ironbound area of Newark, NJ. Love the women, culture, passion for football, and most importantly food.
In terms of Madrid, seems like the club is splitting into the Portuguese (Ronaldo, Pepe, Coentrao, formerly Carvalho) vs. the Spanish (Casillas, Ramos, Alonso). Marcelo (Brasilian) seems to be leaning on the Spanish side, which is surprising because Marcelo and Ronaldo were very close and teamed up for numerous harmless pranks in the locker room in Cristiano's first two years at the Bernabeu.

Yea, Little Portugal in the Ironbound is legit. I used to go to the parades and such when I was a kid. Love it also.

Put me on with the Portuguese girls bro, I moved to the suburbs in my early teens. They lacked that diversity I grew up with.:lol:

Not Portuguese, but I've dated many Portuguese girls and used to frequent the Ironbound area of Newark, NJ. Love the women, culture, passion for football, and most importantly food.
In terms of Madrid, seems like the club is splitting into the Portuguese (Ronaldo, Pepe, Coentrao, formerly Carvalho) vs. the Spanish (Casillas, Ramos, Alonso). Marcelo (Brasilian) seems to be leaning on the Spanish side, which is surprising because Marcelo and Ronaldo were very close and teamed up for numerous harmless pranks in the locker room in Cristiano's first two years at the Bernabeu.

Yea, Little Portugal in the Ironbound is legit. I used to go to the parades and such when I was a kid. Love it also.

Put me on with the Portuguese girls bro, I moved to the suburbs in my early teens. They lacked that diversity I grew up with.:lol:

Totally dropped the ball on something that could have been good with this girl from Portuguese. International student at that, lovely accent :wow: :smh: and she plays for the NT too
But yea put us on tho

Arsenal submitted their squad for the group stages of the CL. 17 year old Serge Gnabry made it. I probably won't even see the bench but still props to him

Last edited:

Totally dropped the ball on something that could have been good with this girl from Portuguese. International student at that, lovely accent :wow: :smh: and she plays for the NT too
But yea put us on tho
Arsenal submitted their squad for the group stages of the CL. 17 year old Serge Gnabry made it. I probably won't even see the bench but still props to him
More than happy to. NT Summit at Chop Fest in the (Newark) Ironbound, Summer of 2013. :nerd:

Honestly tons of beautiful Portuguese and Brasilian women on Ferry Street regularly. Adega, Forno's, Iberia, etc.

Tell me about it. I'm half Portuguese and am 300% more "ethnic" than the Portuguese girls out here even with my shabby language skills :lol: All the ones I know are now "generic" American girls. They couldn't even point out Portugal on a map if you asked them :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
darren fletcher added to cl squad :smokin
i thought he might be done, but good for him to come back from that

:pimp:

he has played two 90min matches for the U-21 squad and is back training with the Scotland national team...
Sir Alex also mentioned that Fletch is almost back to his weight from 2-3 years ago...

this is great news and hopefully he keeps getting better...

Not sure if this has been talked over yet or not, but Guillem Balague broke down the Ronaldo situation on this weeks Revista De La Liga.

He explained that 5 months ago Real Madrid's chairman had a meeting with Ronaldo's agent and he suggested Real gave Ronaldo a new contract, but Real's chairman said they were not in a rush for that.

3 months ago Ronaldo said he would like to stay at Real forever, but that it was not up to him.

On Saturday before the game with Granada at the Santiago Bernabéu, Ronaldo met the chairman and insinuated that he wasn't happy at Real and that he felt he wasn't treated properly and that he would leave Real if he continued to feel they were treating him like that. However he never gave a reason as to why ge wasn't happy or felt he wasn't being treated properly by Real. That's why he didn't look that into the match and he didn't celebrate either goal, as it was his form of making his sadness public.

Guillem says that it's just Ronaldo trying to orchestrate Real to offer him more money.

Last edited:

It has something to do with taxes why Messi and CR get less than PL players.

darren fletcher added to cl squad
smokin.gif

i thought he might be done, but good for him to come back from that
pimp.gif

he has played two 90min matches for the U-21 squad and is back training with the Scotland national team...
Sir Alex also mentioned that Fletch is almost back to his weight from 2-3 years ago...

this is great news and hopefully he keeps getting better...
Indeed.  Never was a huge Fletcher-fan, but it's great seeing him back playing and healthy.

Shrewd bit of business for City to secure Matija Nastasic. Could play huge dividends and value long-term. Doesn't get talked about quite enough. Off-loading Savic, who didn't look ready for the Premiership.

Shrewd bit of business for City to secure Matija Nastasic. Could play huge dividends and value long-term. Doesn't get talked about quite enough. Off-loading Savic, who didn't look ready for the Premiership.

Heard he's supposed to be the "next Vidic." We'll see how that goes.

Anyone would be an upgrade over Savic who looked like a school boy out there the few times I saw him play.

Looks Like CR was upset because Real Madrid didn't give a min of silence for Ronaldo's pops.

Pics of him crying before the game and looking angry.

Heard he's supposed to be the "next Vidic." We'll see how that goes.
Anyone would be an upgrade over Savic who looked like a school boy out there the few times I saw him play.
That's an easy comparison because of the Serbian ties. Nastasic might be ready to play the second-half of City's domestic and European campaigns. Mancini may give him a chance based on his trust in Rodwell early on.

Back
Top Bottom