The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I'm truly hoping this Ronaldo displeasure stems mostly from leveraging for a newer, larger Madrid contract to remain at the Bernabeu. I do believe the reported rumor that Cristiano was upset that his own teammates were supporting Saint Iker for 2012 Ballon d'Or even more so than the Portuguese international. Perhaps some of the Spanish-based players were even backing Don Andres privately. Doesn't bode well on the training ground. Also, Ronaldo doesn't like the way the upper brass has dealt with the Kaka situation. Almost casting him away for a loan or permanent move, after sporadic but key contributions end of the last Blancos campaign.

Russian pockets are deep in European football. Anzhi, CSKA, Zenit. Eto'o is faded into Bolivia (insert NT joke) thus far, let's hope the same doesn't happen to Hulk. As mentioned, he's playing with Alves and Danny, two accomplished Portuguese footballers. Should give Zenit a boost in their CL draw with Milan and Malaga. I've always liked Witsel at Standard Liege and Benfica. He'll figure into the Belgian international picture heavily leading up to 2014 and 2016 European tournaments.

Ronaldo, I know shocking I'm about to say this, is such a diva man. I mean, I'm hearing its more of his teammates pushing for players BESIDE him to win these awards, and if thats true :lol:

Now, if its a contract situation or the Kaka story then thats understandable. I think its more contract though...I hope. I cant even imagine him leaving..though I can i guess in the world of soccer

Who should take CR ?

RM paid 94mil euros and there are not many clubs who can afford him.

I don't think he has the cojones to join Man City.

He will get a little bit more money and everyone is happy.

Who should take CR ?
RM paid 94mil euros and there are not many clubs who can afford him.
I don't think he has the cojones to join Man City.
He will get a little bit more money and everyone is happy.

Teams who can afford him:

• City
  • PSG
  • Anzhi

Who knows, I'd figure he'd be at PSG over City and Anzhi.

He would lose exposure going to Ligue 1 though, but also bring more exposure to Ligue 1 as well

Ronaldo, I know shocking I'm about to say this, is such a diva man. I mean, I'm hearing its more of his teammates pushing for players BESIDE him to win these awards, and if thats true :lol:
Now, if its a contract situation or the Kaka story then thats understandable. I think its more contract though...I hope. I cant even imagine him leaving..though I can i guess in the world of soccer
I believe Ronaldo has a legitimate claim though, won't exactly call him a diva anymore. That was surely the case in the past towards the end of his tenure at Old Trafford. There has been growing dissension on the training ground since Mourinho took over as Madrid boss. A lot of Portuguese vs. Spanish contingencies, with the Brasilians mixed in somewhere. One would be led to believe Cristiano feels under-appreciated based on his tremendous goal-scoring record since arriving at the Bernabeu and leading Madrid to the La Liga title last campaign domestically.

When all's said and done, Ronaldo will most likely remain at the Bernabeu. His desire is to be close to home with his mother, sister, and infant child, Jr. The board should improve his contract with even better terms and be done with it. Also, Mou needs to work more magic and pull strings to appease the varying personalities in his locker room.

Funny, who knows, this may all be very well a small issue. I hope it is.

Hope he remains with Real for the remainder of his elite career

Ronaldo has long been linked with a "potential" dream move to Ethiad because of the lure of the Premier League as well as the huge bankroll City's board has to offer. I imagine Mancini would offload Dzeko, Tevez, Kolarov, De Jong, etc. in a heartbeat to secure Cristiano.

Personally I would like to see him go to Serie A so we can see him dominate 3 leagues and prove to everyone he's > Messi

Last edited:
I feel like CR7 will eventually leave Madrid but not any time soon...maybe in 4-5 yrs. I don't see him finishing out there, he's too much of a celebrity and doesn't seem as dedicated to the club like say Messi and Barca (obviously he hasn't been there his whole adult life like Messi @ Barca. Call me crazy but when he's done in Europe or when he hits like 33-34 I could see actually see Cristiano coming to MLS a la Beckham and Henry, growing his celebrity over here even further :lol:

Personally I would like to see him go to Serie A so we can see him dominate 3 leagues
Not completely out of the realm of possibility. Berlusconi has long had a "man crush" on Cristiano. If Ronaldo were truly seeking a transfer, Milan has the prestige to lure him despite their current financial turmoil.

PSG signed Van der Wiel from Ajax? Solid move for them....got him for pennies in their money :lol:

Ronaldo has long been linked with a "potential" dream move to Ethiad because of the lure of the Premier League as well as the huge bankroll City's board has to offer. I imagine Mancini would offload Dzeko, Tevez, Kolarov, De Jong, etc. in a heartbeat to secure Cristiano.

ESPN put out an article saying that Falcao might go to Chelsea and City during January >D

ESPN put out an article saying that Falcao might go to Chelsea and City during January >D
I could see that happening for either club. They'd both be buying extremely high especially after last season's La Liga campaign and his monster performance in the Super Cup. Atleti will make out like bandits for the transfer fee and (Kun's in the past as well). Torres another example of major sale.

Rumor is Chelsea has a 48m pound move in place for the January window. Wouldn't be surprised if Atleti was wise and launched City into a bidding war pushing the price well past 50m pounds. City would have to dispose of Dzeko, Kolarov, and De Jong as I mentioned earlier to clear the wage bill (FFP).

Bottom line, Falcao is significantly better than Cavani.

Personally I would like to see him go to Serie A so we can see him dominate 3 leagues and prove to everyone he's > Messi

:lol: That ship sailed about three years ago.

He's going nowhere. Perez will stroke his ego and maybe hand him an improved contract, and all will be well until his next bout of whining.

Hypothetically speaking, PSG would be a good fit. They'll give him all the money he wants, and he can live in a city as pompous as he is. Though I'm not sure if one club can handle two egos like CR's and Ibra's. No team in Serie A could begin to finance a move atm.

Raul Meireles to Fenerbache was just confirmed.

Hope Falcao stays in Spain, but a Chelsea move makes a lot of sense, especially after Roman watched that battering. CCT, De Jong plays for Milan now, but I think City has enough top CFs.

Last edited:
PSG signed Van der Wiel from Ajax? Solid move for them....got him for pennies in their money :lol:
Bet they got him cheap too in a shrewd bit of business. Reason being the Dutch international's stock has been on the decline. He could have been what Kyle Walker is growing into now. Instead people remember him getting destroyed by Ronaldo down the left side of the pitch (right from the defensive perspective). I believe Valencia or Villarreal had a deal in place with Ajax last year but reneged on the terms "eleventh hour." I still think van der Wiel has potential, but no longer as an elite top-tier RB. That potential has come and gone.

Bet they got him cheap too in a shrewd bit of business. Reason being the Dutch international's stock has been on the decline. He could have been what Kyle Walker is growing into now. Instead people remember him getting destroyed by Ronaldo down the left side of the pitch (right from the defensive perspective). I believe Valencia or Villarreal had a deal in place with Ajax last year but reneged on the terms "eleventh hour." I still think van der Wiel has potential, but no longer as an elite top-tier RB. That potential has come and gone.

True y but he is only 24 still...I think he'd be solid for them though, since all they have is Jallet at RB to compete with him....honestly I hope dude is a complete flop being a OL fan :lol:

:lol: That ship sailed about three years ago.

He's going nowhere. Perez will stroke his ego and maybe hand him an improved contract, and all will be well until his next bout of whining.

Hypothetically speaking, PSG would be a good fit. They'll give him all the money he wants, and he can live in a city as pompous as he is. Though I'm not sure if one club can handle two egos like CR's and Ibra's. No team in Serie A could begin to finance a move atm.

Raul Meireles to Fenerbache was just confirmed.

Hope Falcao stays in Spain, but a Chelsea move makes a lot of sense, especially after Roman watched that battering. CCT, De Jong plays for Milan now, but I think City has enough top CFs.

That really had me :lol:

CR7's and Ibra's ego would be a lot to handle, too much. That would be a good look for Ligue 1 exposure.

If he goes to Chelsea, I see them playing with 2 strikers again with Sturridge and Lukaku on the bench.

Reports are saying that Chamakh has malaria. I assume he would be out for a bit...we don't have any strikers. I guess G27/Walcott can play the role.

True y but he is only 24 still...I think he'd be solid for them though, since all they have is Jallet at RB to compete with him....honestly I hope dude is a complete flop being a OL fan :lol:
Curious of your thoughts on the Lloris sale to Spurs.

Big fan of Bastos and Gourcuff.

Curious of your thoughts on the Lloris sale to Spurs.

Big fan of Bastos and Gourcuff.

Yeah it sucks Gourcouff is out for a while and Lisandro is hurt too :smh:, but Bastos has been lethal this yr so far plus I think Gomis will pick up the slack and I'm glad they were able to hang on to him this window...Hugo wanted to go to the next step so I feel like it was inevitable he'd leave if a solid offer came through (even though we're both in Europa and he's gonna sit on the bench till next yr probably at Spurs :smh:) plus Spurs paid a hefty fee for him, and Vercoutre will be at least serviceable back there for them. Really happy how the season has gone so far but it's extremely early...I'd be happy with a top 3 finish this yr, we need to get back to Champion's League :smokin

Yeah it sucks Gourcouff is out for a while and Lisandro is hurt too :smh:, but Bastos has been lethal this yr so far plus I think Gomis will pick up the slack and I'm glad they were able to hang on to him this window...Hugo wanted to go to the next step so I feel like it was inevitable he'd leave if a solid offer came through (even though we're both in Europa and he's gonna sit on the bench till next yr probably at Spurs :smh:) plus Spurs paid a hefty fee for him, and Vercoutre will be at least serviceable back there for them. Really happy how the season has gone so far but it's extremely early...I'd be happy with a top 3 finish this yr, we need to get back to Champion's League :smokin
PSG, Marseille, OL. Sound about right?

AVB already said Lloris is going to have to battle Friedel, the savvy veteran for the #1 keeper job. I have him in my top-5 keepers in the world after Casillas, Neuer, and Hart obviously.

This Hulk thing makes no sense!!

As a Porto fan I'm thrilled, this is what we do all the time. Get that money and buy unknown players for cheap. We'll be fine.

But for Hulk's sake I just don't understand. Brazilians don't like cold weather and even if Zenit play in the champions league Porto is still the much better team and are always in the league themselves. I figured Hulk would have gone to Chelsea. If Villas-Boas was still around no doubt he would have joined. He's made for the EPL, couldn't wait to see him but I guess he'll just be below the radar in Russia with Bruno Alves.

I'm truly hoping this Ronaldo displeasure stems mostly from leveraging for a newer, larger Madrid contract to remain at the Bernabeu. I do believe the reported rumor that Cristiano was upset that his own teammates were supporting Saint Iker for 2012 Ballon d'Or even more so than the Portuguese international. Perhaps some of the Spanish-based players were even backing Don Andres privately. Doesn't bode well on the training ground. Also, Ronaldo doesn't like the way the upper brass has dealt with the Kaka situation. Almost casting him away for a loan or permanent move, after sporadic but key contributions end of the last Blancos campaign.
Russian pockets are deep in European football. Anzhi, CSKA, Zenit. Eto'o is faded into Bolivia (insert NT joke) thus far, let's hope the same doesn't happen to Hulk. As mentioned, he's playing with Alves and Danny, two accomplished Portuguese footballers. Should give Zenit a boost in their CL draw with Milan and Malaga. I've always liked Witsel at Standard Liege and Benfica. He'll figure into the Belgian international picture heavily leading up to 2014 and 2016 European tournaments.

Probably has beef with Ramos again (the first time being over that girl Nereida or whoever) since he was rooting for Iniesta :lol:

@SergioRamos: Aprovecho para felicitar a mi amigo y compañero @andresiniesta8. Te lo mereces como futbolista y como persona. Crack de los que no quedan.

Translation: I would like to take the opportunity to congratulate my friend and fellow @andresiniesta8 You deserve it as a football player and as a person. From a crack that can't (be as good as you/achieve what you have done/etc...)

Last edited:
Ronaldo does deserve player of the year, don't care what anyone says. Iker Casillas or Ramos shouldn't even be considered, maybe Iniesta but Iniesta did not win the Spanish League, Real did.

Portugal was the only team to contest with Spain and come to penalties with them. Not to mention Messi won the award in 2010 when in all honesty it should have been given to Iniesta. Iniesta won every award Messi did along with the World Cup. While Messi didn't even show up at the World Cup.

The media and coaches are more fond of Messi's humble attitude, they don't like Ronaldo's personality (his fault but you can't blame him for being himself). I do not expect Ronaldo to win the Ballon D'Or, I think they will give it to Iniesta for the 2010 mistake but he does deserve it. If he doesn't win one while at Madrid that just would not be fair.

Back
Top Bottom