The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

who's equal?

hmm he is really good but some worth mentionning (I would say they are better though)

Van Persie
Rooney
Aguero
Balotelli (when he can control his emotions and stop doing stupid stuff, he is great, had a good euro)

Being a big Brazil fan, I would love to see Neymar in a big club, how he could handle it and everything (so much talent :smokin)

Out of the 4 that u mentioned, the only real 9 I see in there is Balotelli, right now Falcao > all of those mentioned. At least, IMO lol

who's equal?

hmm he is really good but some worth mentionning (I would say they are better though)

Van Persie
Rooney
Aguero
Balotelli (when he can control his emotions and stop doing stupid stuff, he is great, had a good euro)

Being a big Brazil fan, I would love to see Neymar in a big club, how he could handle it and everything (so much talent :smokin)

no to all 4 you named.

Last edited:
Could you explain more on why he would be the best? (not in the best, but the best)

And what you guys are looking to decide that? (only goals, titles, or other things?)

Didn't say you weren't right, but I find it hard to say he's the best right now.

Dude, All i had to do was watch his thrashing against Chelsea in the UEFA super cup.

But not even that, he has started this season off with the biggest bang of any striker in the world. International play as well. This past week playing for Colombia he scored 2-3 goals if im correct.

As we speak, nobody is better. It can change by next weekend, but as of now, Falcao is in a league of his own.

Dude, All i had to do was watch his thrashing against Chelsea in the UEFA super cup.
But not even that, he has started this season off with the biggest bang of any striker in the world. International play as well. This past week playing for Colombia he scored 2-3 goals if im correct.
As we speak, nobody is better. It can change by next weekend, but as of now, Falcao is in a league of his own.

Aight didn't see that "right now" thing like you do. But you're right on that. He was amazing.

Falcao is obviously an excellent lead striker and clinical finisher, but everyone is salivating at his current goal-scoring form and forgetting body of work. Yes, he's put Cavani, a comparable lead striker, in the dust. However, now the Colombian international is far and away better than Wayne Rooney and Kun Aguero? Are we forgetting the campaign RVP put together for Gunners last season? Only reason Arsenal finished top-3 and qualified for CL. Yes, he has a history of being injury prone. I can even honor Falcao over RVP for the sake of argument. Balotelli and Neymar we'll leave out because both those young starlets are predicated on potential and that's something you can't quantify immediately. How long has Wayne Rooney been England and Manchester United's best player? United is a top-5 club in the world any way you slice it. Top-3 for some. He can play lead striker, support striker, out wide, CAM. Regardless of position, I'm not taking Radamel Falcao over Rooney. This goes for Kun Aguero as well. Are we forgetting the man's magic at Atleti? I've wanted him at Real Madrid for ages. For a small guy he's very strong on the ball. Good enough vision to pick out a final ball in the attacking third. More than adept at finishing. Pace. Strong in build-up play and linking up with lead or support strikers, as well as wingers. Can play a variety of positions. Just a world-class footballer.

You're essentially saying that he's playing better than any of those guys right now, not that he's better.

why is rooney even mentioned? hes not a true number 9... your saying hes one of the best number 9s in the world but you go on to talk about how hes never really playing in that position..

falcao is always moving around the penalty area, NEVER coming deep to receive the ball .. always has an eye for the goal.. always a threat... brutal in the air.. perfectly times runs..great instinct.. im not saying rvp is a slouch but falcao is killing him with power.. (will say RVP has a better touch). i believe alot of the opinions on this board are biased to epl players, because the majority follow that league extremely close (as do i).. but i also watch other leagues.. and he has been a damn good number 9 for quite sometime and within the last yr has become best in the world IMO..he is not an overnight name.. dude has been putting in work for a couple yrs now... everyone talks about hulk at porto but forget falcao was the one scoring all those europa goals.. 17 in 14 games..

Last edited:
You guys can't forget about Mario Gomez who last year had a great champions league run ( to bad they couldn't win ) but still at this moment, Falcao is number one and I'm not just saying that because I'm an Atleti fan but because he has an eye for goal and literally scores on any chance you give him

You guys can't forget about Mario Gomez who last year had a great champions league run ( to bad they couldn't win ) but still at this moment, Falcao is number one and I'm not just saying that because I'm an Atleti fan but because he has an eye for goal and literally scores on any chance you give him
Gomez completely slipped my mind. He's a world-class poacher. Finishes opportunities when they arise. Chicharito similar in lead striker style but not as good obviously. Gomez is good in the air, makes solid diagonal runs. However, not as much of a threat on set-pieces as say RVP or Rooney (mentioned earlier in this thread).

Gomez completely slipped my mind. He's a world-class poacher. Finishes opportunities when they arise. Chicharito similar in lead striker style but not as good obviously. Gomez is good in the air, makes solid diagonal runs. However, not as much of a threat on set-pieces as say RVP or Rooney (mentioned earlier in this thread).
Yea that's true. Honestly ( and even tho I'm Mexican ) I don't really like chicharito

Yea that's true. Honestly ( and even tho I'm Mexican ) I don't really like chicharito
I can't stand his playing style. Just sits far post for sitters. Love Gio's game though. JDS is going to be a Mexican star in the future. Davila is nice also.

When I see Gio I see a mini Ronaldinho. I think there are better players for Mexico. Candido Ramirez from Satos Laguna is a future star, so is Hiram Mier from Monterrey and I can't wait until Alan Pulido is matured and experienced. He'll be a great forward

I got loves for Chicha, poacher or not. Future All time Mexican international scorer? :nerd:
Alan Pulido or Carlos Vela will surpass him
The only positive thing about chicharito and his most valuable quality for Manchester united is the way he plays off the ball. The boy knows how to find open spaces thus having every defender marking him and leaving RVP open for the goal. He pulled all te marking off of RVP against Southampton which lead to the 3-2 comeback

I swear only Arsenal fans were talking about RVP last year, but now that he's on Man U he's the best 9 in the world

:rolleyes

/rant

You see Vela playing for Mexico anytime soon?

I hope so....the manager has a grudge against him |I

I swear only Arsenal fans were talking about RVP last year, but now that he's on Man U he's the best 9 in the world
:rolleyes
/rant

Stop it. People were piling on the praise before he departed. He had a massive season.

Wow...oh look of course a ManU is going to deny that. Figures! ******g trash

:D :wink:

And my for my Gooners, Wellington Silva scored his first goal against Villarreal the other night. I was happy to see that he started. I'm hoping that he gets a good amount of playing time. It's a shame to see players who show a lot of potential get loaned out and don't really get to play. It really hinders the growth. But....he is young and hopefully he gets his work permit soon. Campbell too. I'm not exactly sure how the work permit situation works, something I need to look into

Ryan Giggs will be the first man to make 600 appearances in the Premier League if he plays tomorrow against Wigan.

"He turns 39 in November and is the only player to appear in all 21 seasons of the Premier League."

Ryan Giggs will be the first man to make 600 appearances in the Premier League if he plays tomorrow against Wigan.
"He turns 39 in November and is the only player to appear in all 21 seasons of the Premier League."

Legend, never forget that goal in 99 against Arsenal :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom