The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I didn't watch any of the games today, but seeing Balotelli saved City with a PG in the 90th minute and my boys from Málaga still got it even though this is the first they have appeared in the Champions League which is nice. Also Real Madrid got a win featuring a Ronaldo hat trick and PSG apparently haven't gotten it together as a team, as Porto beat them.

A reminder that El Clásico's on Sunday. So get pumped for that. I'm hoping Barcelona can keep their undefeated La Liga streak going by pulling out a win in this game. The game's at the Camp Nou, so even with Puyol and the rest of the injuries, I'm still calling a 2-1 win over Real Madrid. If they win this game, then that's a good way to keep a good undefeated win streak going and a way to put Real Madrid down 11 points which could be a big blow by the way the season's been processing so far.

The Madrid/Ajax game was deceptive. Up until Madrid scored their third goal, it was a very close game and it looked like Ajax was on the brink of breaking through and leveling. They have some good young players on that squad.

City got really lucky today. Dortmund dominated most of the game and were it not for an inspired performance by Joe Hart, Dortmund could have been up several goals. With that being said, they still should have gotten another goal. The penalty call was harsh in my opinion. Aguero was literally right next to Subotic and he had no time or space to get out of the way. It wasn't intentional in my opinion and should not have been a pen.

Joe Hart...salute.
First half was even and very entertaining, but Dortmund dominated that second half. Poor from City's midfield and backline. They got overrun. Hart was immense, tho. Dortmund should have found another goal, tho. But to get out of this group, have to get 3 at home, so Dortmund should be in a good spot. It'll come down to City @ Dortmund in December.
Dortmund's supporters... :smokin

BVB fans are some of the best in the world. They're loyal as ever, they let their team know they're in the building, and will follow them to the end of the earth.

At some points in the match, I was saying to my woman that they were so loud you'd think they were the home team.

They reminded me of the Ireland fans vs Spain in their final game of the Euro 2012.

Last edited:
Watched the Champions League replays on FSN last night and laughed when the announcer said something to the effect of, " And Ronaldo stares up into the heavens because thats where he thinks he belongs." after his 2nd or 3rd goal. I forget which one.

:nthat:

Last edited:
All hand balls are called by the refs interpretation of the play. Everyone also has to have in mind that the ref only has 2 eyes and one point of vision. On tv there are plenty of angles and much more views than the refs. The hand ball called on Dortmund could of been called as accidental by the ref or it could have been called as it was. It's all on the refs interpretation
I believe the ref has a difficult job and shouldn't be blamed, they only have one view of the play and they never get repeats

I admit that Barca has gotten calls in the past that have been in there favor but you can't ignore the fact that they play great football
Except I don't like there new idea of finishing it for last, I'd like there old style of play when they scored 4+ goals usually every game

As for fergie, I think he knows what he's doing. 25 years there and he's done a lot. He's training this group and restructuring the team once more. I'd never question the likes of Fergie

BeIn showing El Clasico live on both channels, followed by the 2nd half of the Milan derby. Full replay of that game not until 9:30. :\

Newcastle went 3-0 against Bordeaux. Nice to see Cisse in goal scoring form.
Athletico M winning a match without Falcao scoring.

And Liverpool just can't catch a break lol 2-3 Udinese

^ He's from VA :smokin

McLean, where money actually does grow on trees :rolleyes

Last edited:
Chelsea puttin in work...3-1 and it's only the 30th min

Strangely Everton is taking strain

QPR looking like they're set for the Championship next season...

Mata is on his game right now. Chelsea might get 10 today...

...and probably give up 6 at the same time. Sort it out back there. #bunchoftwats

Mata is on his game right now. Chelsea might get 10 today...
...and probably give up 6 at the same time. Sort it out back there. #bunchoftwats

lol at the Cashley reference

but yeah...Mata is playing insanely today....

Him and Oscar have the ability to play with their head up at the right times....Great vision.

Back
Top Bottom