The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

yea you are wrong.  He doesnt have to every single damn thing for man united because they actually have a management who can put together a decent team.

Woah hold on now, MAN UTD fan here but let's not act like Wenger isn't top class.

The constant debate for the past 2 seasons...is Wenger top class...

I think he is, because of the wonders he's done. But lately, he's seemed to run out of ideas. He's not adapting at all. If you're a long term manager you're gong to have to constantly adapt and change your style. I mean, even SAF has shifted away from his typical 4-4-2, and adapted to the modern game. Wenger needs to do some evolving of his own.

Yes the invincibles were a great era, but nothing has come after that...time to change it up, or move on.

I think he is, because of the wonders he's done. But lately, he's seemed to run out of ideas. He's not adapting at all. If you're a long term manager you're gong to have to constantly adapt and change your style. I mean, even SAF has shifted away from his typical 4-4-2, and adapted to the modern game. Wenger needs to do some evolving of his own.
Yes the invincibles were a great era, but nothing has come after that...time to change it up, or move on.

Wenger will never get fired, he made Arsenal into what it is, he's made the Champions League every single year he's been manager.

Do you understand he's getting Arsenal out of debt year and year after, yes no trophies are coming, but the man has worked magic and is the best EPL manager behind SAF in the last 20 years.

Wenger will never get fired, he made Arsenal into what it is, he's made the Champions League every single year he's been manager.

Do you understand he's getting Arsenal out of debt year and year after, yes no trophies are coming, but the man has worked magic and is the best EPL manager behind SAF in the last 20 years.

I never said he'd get fired.

it's true he's pulling arsenal out of debt. and that's probably all the board wants. the fans may want more, but right now the board is happy.

But to win the league, or CL, he'll need to change...and you know it...

change or get a bigger kitty ... he can make all the changes he wants but it boils down to talent at a certain level

Arsenal's financial constraints are almost over now with the stadium almost paid off and improved sponsorship deals kicking in. January and summer transfer windows will give a better idea of whether Wenger will revise his transfer policies and spend money on players who will improve the squad. I think he will surprise people with some of the signings he will make but I still don't expect him to overpay for players. He has dropped a lot of subtle hints in interviews that some of our player sales were the result of the board and not exactly him. We'll see but I remain optimistic

Arsenal's financial constraints are almost over now with the stadium almost paid off and improved sponsorship deals kicking in. January and summer transfer windows will give a better idea of whether Wenger will revise his transfer policies and spend money on players who will improve the squad. I think he will surprise people with some of the signings he will make but I still don't expect him to overpay for players. He has dropped a lot of subtle hints in interviews that some of our player sales were the result of the board and not exactly him. We'll see but I remain optimistic

I believe he has flat out said so. But we know it's true. This current board is more focused on business than football

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/1968?cc=5901

Cool read.

MLS has a great future man. Just waiting for the day Ronaldo comes to play for the Galaxy in 2020 :smokin

:lol: :smokin. Good read btw.

MLS Cup tomorrow. 4:30ET/1:30PT on ESPN.

28qw1i0.gif

Last edited:
only a month till the window gents, what over priced player will city buy? what 30+ year old will QPR sign?

I heard a rumour that Arsenal are willing to unlock Mario Gotze's 30m price tag.

I doubt this is true, as Dortmund aren't really a selling club, and they like their strong youthful team that can grow. Plus Gotze is the heart of the club, and losing Kagawa in the attack also created a dent.

only a month till the window gents, what over priced player will city buy? what 30+ year old will QPR sign?

Seems City are after Isco. I'm really hoping he stays, but he would be worth every pound if sold. He'd dominate the Prem like every other Spaniard coming through.

Great slate of games today.

City-Everton/Malaga-Getafe
Bayern-Dortmund
Barca-A.Bilbao
Madrid Derby/MLS cup

Rooting for Omar and the Galaxy :pimp:

Still need three points. Don't understand why Rafa refuses to remove a holding player. Oh wait, yes I do understand, it's because he's Rafa. The nightmare continues.

Damn, West Ham actually going for the win. 

EDIT ~ Oh my! 
eek.gif

Last edited:
Confederations Cup

Group A: Brazil, Japan, Mexico, Italy.

Group B: Spain, Uruguay, Tahiti, the next African champions

Back
Top Bottom