The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Daniel Sturridge is a great example of a player that's all about getting his. :lol: He's so incredibly selfish. I'm sure he's talented and we know he's pacey but I'm not a fan of his game at all. It's like he plays with blinders on.
Cleverley and Joe Allen impressed me today. Good passing and control. That young goalkeeper Butland was really impressive today too.

Butland is a future star, Im pretty sure he will be at a big club in the next few years

Joe Allen would be a good signing for Liverpool IMO if that happens, Candictate the midfield and would allow Gerrard \ Cole etc. to push further forward

• Robin van Persie has already signed a contract with Juventus according to Fifa agent Fabio Parisi. - Metro
  • Barcelona have joined Chelsea and Real Madrid in the race to sign Brazilian star Neymar, 19. - Daily Express
  • Chelsea will have to bid at least £8m to land 22-year-old Spanish right-back Cesar Azpilicueta who currently plays for French Ligue 1 side Marseille. - The Sun
  • Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is believed to have made a fresh bid for Lille's 27-year-old full-back Mathieu Debuchy. - Daily Mirror
  • Tottenham Hotspur are making a bid for Roma's Dutch international goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, 29. - Daily Mail
  • Manchester City's Slovakian winger Vladimir Weiss, 22, is set to be loaned out to Pescara in Italy's Serie A. - talkSPORT
  • Birmingham City are fighting off Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Arsenal and Chelsea in order to keep 13-year-old midfielder Foday Nabay. - Birmingham Mail
  • Lazio are interested in signing Newcastle's 21-year-old defender Davide Santon. - talkSPORT
  • Wolves have hinted that 25-year-old striker Steven Fletcher will be sold, despite rejecting a £10m bid from Sunderland. - Daily Mirror
  • Fulham want to boost their forward options by moving for Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes and Andrey Arshavin of Arsenal. - Metro
  • The Cottagers midfielder Moussa Dembele, 25, is also believed to be a £10m target for La Liga champions Real Madrid. - The Sun
  • Swansea's Joe Allen is close to agreeing a lucrative contract with Liverpool. - South Wales Evening Post
  • Malaga midfielder Santi Cazorla, 27, could fly into London this week for a medical with Arsenal once a £17.3m fee is agreed. - Daily Mail
  • Southampton midfielder Richard Chaplow, 27, looks set to snub a move to Championship side Crystal Palace to fight for his future at St Mary's. - Daily Star
  • Everton manager David Moyes has been to Copenhagen to assess Danish left-back Bryan Oviedo, 23. - Liverpool Echo
  • Scotland goalkeeper Craig Gordon, released by Sunderland, is poised for a move to Serie A club Udinese. - Daily Record
  • Queens Park Rangers chief executive Tony Fernandes insists he is still in talks to sign Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng. - Daily Record
  • United States midfielder Maurice Edu has told Rangers manager Ally McCoist he wants to quit the Ibrox club before the end of the month because he does not want to play in Division Three. - Daily Express

"Barcelona have joined Chelsea and Real Madrid in the race to sign Brazilian star Neymar, 19. - Daily Express"

Thought it was a one man race for Barcelona since Perez rubbed Neymar the wrong way, even though Madrid fits Neymar's style of play better.

Anyone play Football Manager? :nerd:

I barely even play FIFA b/c of FM. It's really ridiculous how much time I spend on it. The girl I'm dating says that I'm cheating on her w/ the game. I told her that I was with the game first.

Boys Noize: You're certainly not the first and won't be the last to have that criticism for Daniel Sturridge. Let me put this aside, I've always liked the kid's potential from the days of going through the Man City academy but he does need to be a tad bit quicker on the ball at times and definitely improve his general decision-making. Sturridge almost always looks for his shot, but sometimes a simple pass in the final third is best for the team and Daniel's individual assist total. In fairness, AVB and RDM both haven't given Sturridge ample time or opportunity in the ST role either in AVB's 4-3-3 or RDM's 4-2-3-1. I fully understand Drogba and Torres are first in line to occupy the role in the 2011-2012 campaign. However, a couple starts at ST in the Carling Cup, FA Cup, or even CL group stage wouldn't hurt to help build Sturridge's confidence and somewhat appease the young man for the time being. Now Chelsea's brass has to deal with fielding numerous offers throughout the EPL for Sturridge's services. Spurs, Liverpool, etc.

I barely even play FIFA b/c of FM. It's really ridiculous how much time I spend on it. The girl I'm dating says that I'm cheating on her w/ the game. I told her that I was with the game first.

I didn't "get it" until I got the game. Now I'm putting in hours managing my German second division team that I really should be putting towards sleeping.

Good video.

Impressive to see the philosophy of "possession football" ingrained into these kids already.  And the discipline too!  

laugh.gif
 I thought that British-sounding coach was gonna start throwing expletives... 

"Barcelona have joined Chelsea and Real Madrid in the race to sign Brazilian star Neymar, 19. - Daily Express"
Thought it was a one man race for Barcelona since Perez rubbed Neymar the wrong way, even though Madrid fits Neymar's style of play better.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's been a done deal for a while now. That weak rumor says Chelsea is after him, but they threw around plenty of cash for Hazard and Oscar, yet there hasn't been any legitamate link with Neymar. Makes no sense as he's better than both. His old agent tried to ship him off to Real, but Neymar fired him while signing a new contract w/ Santos, and Barca is the only club to be strongly linked since. Also, FCB is a Nike club, Neymar is a Nike player, and Rossell is a former Nike exec. And I don't see how Madrid fits better, as Mou prefers tactical and disciplined players, and his current coach already said he suits Barca - but really, he'd fit in anywhere.

Excited to see him in blaugrana, but if anything it probably happens next summer.

Had to quit FM. Game is so damn consuming. :lol:

Last edited:
Neymar -

Chelsea: Ramires and David Luiz have been recruiting Neymar for a while to no avail. I believe Neymar's personal preference is to play in Spain for Barca or Madrid.

Madrid: Neymar's meeting with Florentino Perez did not go well at all. Supposedly Perez made offensive and arrogant comments that rubbed the young Brasilian the wrong way.

Barca: Only issue I foresee is Santos and FCB agreeing on a mutually beneficial transfer fee. Imaging Neymar and Messi linking up in the build-up is a nightmare.

Neymar -
Chelsea: Ramires and David Luiz have been recruiting Neymar for a while to no avail. I believe Neymar's personal preference is to play in Spain for Barca or Madrid.
Madrid: Neymar's meeting with Florentino Perez did not go well at all. Supposedly Perez made offensive and arrogant comments that rubbed the young Brasilian the wrong way.
Barca: Only issue I foresee is Santos and FCB agreeing on a mutually beneficial transfer fee. Imaging Neymar and Messi linking up in the build-up is a nightmare.

I think Perez wanted Neymar to come over immediately, which he obviously wasn't comfortable with. Definitely can see how it would have come off as arrogance.

Don't think the transfer fee would be a big issue, as Nike has a huge financial interest in Neymar going to Barcelona which would help push the sale. Also, the club debt is being well serviced, and they had record revenues last season without winning a major trophy. Obviously such a huge fee would imbalance the books, thus the frugality being shown in this window.

Above, there was also a rumor that during the specific meeting we're discussing, Florentino directly told Neymar that a first-team spot was not guaranteed and the Brasilian starlet would have to earn his place in the starting XI like "everybody else." If we lose Neymar because of that, to Barca no less, I will be irate beyond words. Like I've said before, Neymar and Lio linking up in the attacking third is any defense's nightmare, no matter how strong your back four.

Anyone play Football Manager? :nerd:

R.I.P to your social life, relationship and free time.

My boy is heavy into that game..

I don't want to start cause I know I'll get too into it.

I've also read they released a book about it, apparently 35 divorces in the UK have been directly attributed to that game.

Transfer Spec:

Juventus have joined the growing pack of teams interested in Chelsea and Everton target 29-year-old Benfica striker Oscar Cardozo.

West Ham United have made a £1.5m bid for Moussa Konate, 19, whose four goals helped Senegal reach the quarter-finals of the Olympics.

Spurs want to bring in Malaga's 22-year-old Venezuelan midfielder Salomon Rondon for £10m.

Tottenham Hotspur are ready to pay £7m for Liverpool midfielder Raheem Sterling, 17.

Real Madrid are preparing a £19.7m bid for Manchester United winger Nani, 25.

Juventus have set Robin van Persie a deadline of 7 August to make his mind up over a move to Italy, with the striker, 29, still looking to leave Arsenal.

Arsenal are considering Celtic's Victor Wanyama, 21, as a replacement for Alex Song, if Barcelona make a substantial bid for the 24-year-old.

Carlo Ancelotti wants to be reunited with Ashley Cole and is looking to take the Chelsea defender to Paris Saint-Germain.

I've wanted Nani at the Bernabeu for a while now. Based on potential, I have the Portuguese winger rated slightly higher than Di Maria. I suppose after the (most recent) disappointing campaign for United, Fergie might sell Nani lower, at least that's my hope.

Ashely Cole wants 200k per week or he may go elsewhere
Fiorentina have signed Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani.

Mourinho on Sahin

Mourinho has now claimed that should he want, the 23-year-old can leave the Spanish giants this month.

"The point is, he's a young boy, he wants to play every match," said the Portuguese. "He wants to play to be happy, and in Real Madrid with Xabi Alonso, with [Sami] Khedira, with Lassana [Diarra], [Esteban] Granero, [Mesut] Ozil, the situation is not easy.

"Real Madrid is very difficult. It is not an easy club, because we demand a lot. We have great players, and when you don't start well, it is difficult to do it.

"If he stays, he's not a problem for me, he's one more solution. We leave [the situation] in his hands. Be happy.

"Decide what you want to decide, to be happy. If you decide to leave we are going to help you to leave. If you decide to stay, we are going to support you and try to succeed this season."

Last edited:
Hearing Nani to Madrid is very close. That would be :pimp:

But with Jose, Jesse Rod, Angel, Higuain, Nani, Benzema (Sp?)...thats a **** load of wingers/ST

If Nani goes, then SAF truly believes A LOT in Moura.

Cause he deaded the James Rodriguez talk, and there hasn't been talk of any other pacey winger.

I'm not too happy about Nani leaving, but let's see where this goes.

If Sahin hasn't signed to Arsenal with that loan yet, there's a good chance that SAF is thinking to tie him in as part of the deal at the last second.

Then he'll have the CDM, and can slot in Valencia back to the Right Wing position, Young on the Left, and have cash for Moura to come in centrally.

That would be an ideal situation from a Utd perspective.

• Santi Cazorla, 27, has undergone his medical at Arsenal and the club are poised to announce his £16m signing from Malaga. - Guardian
  • Manchester City are showing interest in 22-year-old Marseille defender Nicolas N'Koulou. - Daily Mail
  • Blackburn Rovers will offer £6m for Huddersfield Town striker Jordan Rhodes, 22. The forward is also a target for West Ham and Fulham. - Guardian
  • Chelsea have had a £5m bid for Marseille defender Cesar Azpilicueta, 22, turned down. - the Sun
  • Wolves have turned down a £10m bid from Fulham for 26-year-old winger Matt Jarvis. - Daily Telegraph
  • Fulham are set to gazump Queens Park Rangers in the £7m battle to sign Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng. - The Sun

Hopefully the U21 league can help improve England's youth system. The loan system does a terrible job of grooming youngsters for first team football. All depends how serious the senior clubs view these "B-teams".

Seeing as the Leandro deal seems impossible, I would love it if Spurs could get Rondon in.

• Manchester City are set to launch a £20m bid for Roma's Italian international midfielder Daniele De Rossi, 29. - Daily Mail
  • Jose Mourinho has told Arsenal he will not stand in their way as they look to take midfielder Nuri Sahin, 23, on loan from Real Madrid. - Guardian
  • Manchester United are intent on finishing off a £30m move for Brazil's Lucas Moura, 19, from Sao Paulo. - Daily Mail
  • Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are both looking at 20-year-old FC Porto winger Christian Atsu, who scored on his debut for Ghana in June. - Insidefutbol.com
  • Newcastle have made an enquiry for French midfielder Jeremy Toulalan, 28, currently with financially troubled Malaga. - Daily Mirror
  • Tottenham look to have missed out on Malaga's Venezuelan striker Salomon Rondon after Russian club Rubin Kazan made an offer of £10m. - Footy Latest
  • Cardiff City have opened talks about signing 33-year-old Craig Bellamy from Liverpool, just over a year after his loan spell in south Wales ended. - Metro
  • Steven Pienaar, 30, wants Everton to resist advances from Manchester United for left-back Leighton Baines. - Guardian
  • Wigan want to take Arsenal's Japanese striker Ryo Miyaichi, 19, on loan as a replacement for Victor Moses, who looks set to join Chelsea. - Daily Mirror
  • Manchester United appear to have beaten Chelsea and Juventus to the signature of Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski, 23. - Footy Latest
  • Wolves defender Christophe Berra, 27, is a £3m target for Southampton, Stoke City and Leicester City. - the Sun
  • Cardiff City have rejected bids from Leicester City and Bristol City for defender Anthony Gerrard, 26. - Daily Star

Back
Top Bottom