The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Nani purposely priced himself out of a move to Zenit in summer by asking for stupid salary, Now though I think he may have to reconsider, Feel bad for the dude as he is a great player on HIS day but that day doesn't come often enough :rolleyes

:lol: they used Yao Kouassi in pervious FIFA games. Yea I believe it was given to him when he was playing for is youth club. Wouldn't be surprised if there are a good amount of Cape Verdeans in the Ivory Coast
I guess that's what stirred things up. A lot of discussion on twitter on how good or bad Pep would be for Arsenal, some say Klopp is better. But as LyonBC1 and others have said, Peop had pure talent at Barca

and he's not a f*cking brazilian, how the f*ck does he get away with calling himself Gervinho, Mr Gervais Lombe Yao Kouassi? Drogba didnt call himself Drogbinho, Yaya didnt call himself Grand Tourinho, how does a man with zero skill get away with dubbing himself a brazilian moniker, the only brazilian he got was when he shaved ...... cause he aint got no balls.

:lol: :lol:

:rofl:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/pep-guardiola-makes-arsenal-his-first-1486561

I guess it would be cool to have a new manager of his status (but honestly I dunno how great Pep is, he's obviously a very good manager but those Barca teams had tremendous talent that ain't at Arsenal :lol:)

Plus Arsene would have to resign first which I don't see happening even in light of yesterdays debacle :smh:

Notice how pretty much none of these articles have a quote from the man himself? It's always "sources close to" aka the writer of the article.

Yeah. Hard to argue against him. IDK if it's still there, but youtube had the '74 WC final - West Germany v. Netherlands featuring Cruyff against Beckenbauer. Epic defensive performance.
FYI, Maradona went scoreless in 1990. But he was playing as a AM/playmaker so it doesn't tell the story - just like Messi has done most of his career with Argentina. But now that he has a competent manager he's been doing his usual thing - 13 in 9 w/ Argentina this year facing some good sides. I don't think he's the GOAT, but he has a chance to be, and your attempts to denigrate his rare ability and game make you sound foolish.
Messi is a choker now? Check his record in cup finals.
I'm sorry, but that assessment of Barca and Messi is moronic. You're basically saying Messi is a poacher, and then you say you're trying to be objective. C'mon son. He already has 5 or so goals outside the box this season, and a couple FKs against Madrid. Highly doubt any other player has comparable #s.
I played, and had a pretty decent amateur career.
Fenomeno may well have been breaking goal records left and right, as he was the best number 9 I've ever seen, but Barca likely would not have been as good. What many fail to realize, and what makes his goal scoring so incredible is that he does double duty in midfield. A large part of the reason Barca is so dominant in midfield is because Messi is constantly there helping retain/recycle possession, starting attacking moves, making dribbling runs, and creating chances. And the way he does this is crazy - like watching Baggio in fast forward. It's why his position is known as the 'false 9', as he has the playmaking responsibilities of a number ten, and the goal scoring responsibilities of a number 9. Yet he still scores record goal numbers. That's why he's the player of his generation, and that's why he will be in the GOAT conversation.
First of all.. I never said anything remotely close to Messi being a poacher.

If I thought Messi was a poacher.. I would have said those exact words.

I never claimed Messi was a choker either.. I just pointed out he failed to score.

You're wasting your time arguing about things I never claimed.. Yet I'm the foolish one?

Ok.

Who cares what Maradona did in 1990.. He was at the end..

Messi was in his prime. Germans locked him down.. Barely even a threat.

Why is it so hard to see that Messi isn't as effective when hes not playin with Barca?

There is a reason why Spain won the WC and Messi flopped. Did you see how many shots he took?

How is my assessment of Barca moronic..?

They keep the ball until a chance is created for the attackers.. Usually its Messi..

And he usually converts those chances. No other team in the world has Barcas style.

Am I the only one who feels that Alex Song is so out of place on this team? He was given a more natural CDM position today and still looked completely lost
mean.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/pep-guardiola-makes-arsenal-his-first-1486561
I guess it would be cool to have a new manager of his status (but honestly I dunno how great Pep is, he's obviously a very good manager but those Barca teams had tremendous talent that ain't at Arsenal :lol:)
Plus Arsene would have to resign first which I don't see happening even in light of yesterdays debacle :smh:
ironically this comes to light right after arsenal lose.. typical uk press

Apparently Arsenal has agreed with Shalke over Huntelaar for 5m.

I highly doubt that's true.

5m for huntelaar? He might be 29, but 5m?!?!? Nah.

Am I the only one who feels that Alex Song is so out of place on this team? He was given a more natural CDM position today and still looked completely lost :smh:

Give him time. Most of those Barce players have been playing together since they were kids.

There's a reason why they bought him.

Theo, I am not worried about.

I believe he will sign a new contract soon.
How come he hasn't signed it yet? I think he's leaving. Players like Vermaelen and Koscielny have shown that if a player wants to stay, a new deal will be signed with quickness. He says he wants to play as a striker, but even if he leaves Arsenal, what top team is going to play him as a striker? None. I'm inclined to believe this is more about money rather than position on the pitch.

Remember he is out of contract in the summer. It's either sell him in January or risk losing him for nothing in the summer.

How come he hasn't signed it yet? I think he's leaving. Players like Vermaelen and Koscielny have shown that if a player wants to stay, a new deal will be signed with quickness. He says he wants to play as a striker, but even if he leaves Arsenal, what top team is going to play him as a striker? None. I'm inclined to believe this is more about money rather than position on the pitch.

Remember he is out of contract in the summer. It's either sell him in January or risk losing him for nothing in the summer.

Surely Liverpool have some money to add some depth too.
Arsenal can't be the only club interested. There should be a bit of a bidding war.

Surely Liverpool have some money to add some depth too.
Arsenal can't be the only club interested. There should be a bit of a bidding war.
Yeah definitely. I'm sure there are other clubs interested as well but since Arsenal are in a crisis, we are the team who is going to be linked with everybody by the papers
laugh.gif
I can see Walcott going to Liverpool as well. He is a boyhood Liverpool fan and he will start as part of Liverpool's front three, just not as a striker.

Drogba closing on Juventus loan move

Shanghai Shenhua striker Didier Drogba is closing on a loan move to Juventus in January,according to ESPN sources.

Drogba,34,who has been keeping fit by training with his old Chelsea team-mates,is unable to move before January 1 after his request to be made exempt from international transfer rules was rejected by FIFA.

However,the Ivorian is keen to maintain to maintain his fitness after the end of the Chinese season and,with the African Cup of Nations kicking off on January 19,could make an initial loan move to Serie A.

The Italian champions are believed to want him for longer and have offered Drogba a one-and-a-half-year contract until the end of the 2013-14 season,but the striker wants a deal until June 2015 if he is to leave China for good.

Juve are known to be on the lookout for a new striker and have been linked with moves for Luis Suarez and Edin Dzeko of late.
However,they turned their attention to Drogba when they were alerted to problems resulting in Chairman Zhu Jun,a billionaire who owns 28.5% of the Shanghai club,threatening to stop paying the wages of Drogba and Nicolas Anelka unless he increased his stake to 70%.

:wow:

The stadium security beat up several players from Tigre at halftime, and even pulled out revolvers. The Argentinian team refused to come back out to play the second half, so everybody is still waiting...

São Paulo is winning 2-0 btw, great first 45 minutes by Lucas Moura

The stadium security beat up several players from Tigre at halftime, and even pulled out revolvers. The Argentinian team refused to come back out to play the second half, so everybody is still waiting...

São Paulo is winning 2-0 btw, great first 45 minutes by Lucas Moura

FSC was tweeting about it, sounds really horrible
@FOXSoccerTrax :
There has been a fair bit of pushing, shoving, bad feeling as the teams leave the field at Sao Paulo for halftime
Getting reports of problems in the Tigre dressing room at halftime ... team has not returned for second half as yet
Referees have now returned -- Sao Paulo has been on the pitch for at least five minutes
Commentators saying police and civil guard have been involved in whatever happened - Tigre still not back out
Getting reports that a Tigre player -- Gaston Diaz? -- was struck by something thrown from the crowd
We have some conflicting reports from Brazil involving threats made to the Tigre team. We will keep you posted.
SUSPENDED: The game in South America has been suspended according to reports.
We are getting news of a gun threat made against Tigres players in the dressing rooms. More information follows.
Sao Paulo is now celebrating winning the Copa Sudamericana ... match has been suspended with Sao Paulo leading 2-0
Obviously lots to find out about what happened in Sao Paulo but this match tonight is over
We continue to get reports from Brazil: we have been told pepper spray was used on Tigres. Details to follow.
We DO NOT want you to jump to conclusions. Obviously, the inference is that TIgres were impelled to forfeit. Please stay tuned for news.
OK: According to the post-match interviews (in which Tigres players look remakarbly calm) tasers and guns were pulled on Tigres.
Players are now saying they feared for their saftey and refused to return to the field.
Sao Paolo are of course celebrating as if nothing was wrong; we must wonder if this will hold up on examination.
Representatives of both teams are now arguing.

Chivas vs Boca 2005 libertadores
Chivas vs Inter de Porto Alegre 2010 libertadores
Santos vs Peñarol 2011 libertadores

These are a few matches I remember that didn't end well. Combebol needs to get their stuff together.

Chivas vs Boca 2005 libertadores
Chivas vs Inter de Porto Alegre 2010 libertadores
Santos vs Peñarol 2011 libertadores
These are a few matches I remember that didn't end well. Combebol needs to get their stuff together.

The Chivas game vs Boca, Palermo started the incidents. He fouled Bofo, Bofo fell and Palermo started insulting him. Bofo got up and signaled a 4 with his hand (a reference to the 4-0 win in Guadalajara) all hell broke loose. Chino Benitez (Boca's Coach) walked over to Bofo after he had gotten the red card, and spit in his face. He was fired and banned from Boca the following day.

Chivas vs Inter, where to start. They cut the Mexican National anthem 3 minutes, to about 70 seconds. While the Brazilian National Anthem was on, Bofo walked away and started warming up... The ref let the game get out of control. Chivas was initially up with a Fabian goal (incredible goal btw lol) Inter ended up winning 4-2 I believe? Before the game ended Inter fans ran onto the field and started hitting/spitting/taunting the Chivas players, most of which were under 21...

I remember so many games like this.

Corinthians (Tevez and Mascheranos last year there) vs River plate
River Plate vs San Lorenzo a couple years ago
Sao Caetano vs America in Mexico City
Etc....

Oh, and I was watching the live feed. The Tigre players looked far from calm... Some of their players were still shaking and/or crying during the interviews with Fox Sports an Español...

Back
Top Bottom