The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Woww. Arsenal
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

laugh.gif
 That is funny.. But honestly.. No hate here.

I like Messi but the GOAT talk is taking things too far.

Im just trying to be objective.

Those videos that you posted don't mean much.

Especially since they aren't from Barcas current system

The only team that Messi could score half that many goals for..

Is the old Arsenal circa (2004-2009)

Like go SCORELESS in a world cup.
Yet somehow hes the GOAT. 

Lebron chokes in the finals.. And he gets railroaded.
Messi on the other hand gets a pass. 

The set up at Barca is for them to keep the ball..
Until they create an easy chance for Messi to get a inside foot finish in the box..
No crosses.. No shots from distance.. No free kicks.. No volleys..
Just inside foot finishes inside the box.. 
If thats what makes you the best.. Then I guess.

There is no reason to expect Messi to score that many goals in any other setup besides Barca.

What a @#$@$@ joke. Did you even watch Barca last season where no one did jack @#$% besides Messi? And that free kick nonsense is hilarious. Must be a Ronaldo fan, since that's the type that praises him as a free kick legend when he converts 1/30 :lol:

Ronaldo has long been my favorite footballer, but I can easily admit his FK prowess has diminished a tad in recent campaigns.

You don't ever have to call him the greatest ever because it'll always be arguable, but yours is another fallacious argument: that players need to "prove" themselves in other leagues. As if the greatness of his talent isn't immediately obvious to anyone who watches him play, and understands the game. Or that being loyal to the club you grew up at isn't admirable in itself. By your logic, someone should tell Franco Baresi he can't be considered the second greatest defender of all time because he stayed at Milan. I'm sure he'd agree with the rationale. And his old teammate Maldini, too. Oh, and Giggs and Scholes - their legacies are in question now too. And let's not forget Tony Adams and Totti!
LOL. It's ridiculous. We're watching the player/talent of his generation. There was Di Stafano in the 50s, Pele in the 60s, Cruyff - 70s, Maradona - 80s, Zidane/R9, and now Leo Messi. No need to attempt to pick him apart before his career is even over - just enjoy it.

Thats great and I respect your opinion. But in my opinion, I would like to see him in another league and dominate. I do not know how many of you have played soccer but for those who have an if you are being objective you understand what I am saying. I am not knocking Messi at all. I think he is already top 3. His talent and some of the things he has done can not be denied but come on guys, take Messi out of there and put in Ronaldo (OG) in his prime and you dont think he would be breaking records left and right?

We deserved to lose today, we had such a pathetic performance.

Wenger must make changes in January or he won't be there next season, I love Wenger, but Arsenal is more important.

:\

Wenger must make changes in January or he won't be there next season, I love Wenger, but Arsenal is more important.

We went there with a talented squad that lacked spirit and failed to fight. Some of his decisions are :smh: but there's only so much he can do when the players are on the pitch.
Ramsey hasn't been the same after his leg break. Him and/or Gervinho will start next game. I'm still confused to why he took Coquelin off. He was one of the best players we had on the pitch.
It's as though they is just some sort of negativeness flowing throughout the club. Along with some players just being average and dead weight.
I just want us to win, if not to play our hearts out even if we lose.
Getting goals was never this much of an issue.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was still there unless it was his decision. I don't think the board would cut him. It's hard to imagine another manager being able to do what he has done with so little. If the board is frugal as we've concluded over the years, certainly makes things difficult.

The board loves him. He's been fitting THEIR mandate (not the fans) for a while now.

I keep hearing about Arsenal's stadium debt being the problem.

But United is sitting under a mountain of debt and still performing (has been for years now). Surely the stadium debt isn't the blame for Arsenals lack of buying?

What a @#$@$@ joke. Did you even watch Barca last season where no one did jack @#$% besides Messi? And that free kick nonsense is hilarious. Must be a Ronaldo fan, since that's the type that praises him as a free kick legend when he converts 1/30
laugh.gif
Na.. Not even a Ronaldo fan like that.
grin.gif

And I wasn't even referring to his free kicks.

I was just talking in general

But United is sitting under a mountain of debt and still performing (has been for years now). Surely the stadium debt isn't the blame for Arsenals lack of buying?

A lot of the problem is that Wenger does not want to go and spend big moneys on older experienced players, he wants to carry on with his culture of bringing young stars through, But the problem is now that once these young players becomes stars they went the better riches of elsewhere, Crazy as when he does go out and spend money it always benefits (Santi Cazorla etc.)

So we are just going to lose to Bradford City huh? With our First XI? :lol: I could take the loss if we played talented youngsters like Eisfeld and Gnarby but not like this. I'm not even going to break down how ****** each player played I just cant believe they AGAIN showed no real fight and desire.

Nico Yennaris ‏@Nico_Yennaris
Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard!!

Summed up perfectly by a current Arsenal youth player and lifelong Gooner.

We are a ******g mess.

Huh? The stadium debt isn't the issue by itself its our self sustaining/sufficiency model combined with building a new stadium...there is no outside funding (despite being owned by 2 billionaires). We only spend what we make through gate receipts and player sales as we were bent over by our two biggest endorsements deals (shirt sponsor + stadium, and shirt supplier) as we took well below market value from Emirates and Nike in exchange for front loaded deals to secure funding for the stadium construction.

I agree with all of this
Who do you think is greatest defender though? Beckenbauer?

Yeah. Hard to argue against him. IDK if it's still there, but youtube had the '74 WC final - West Germany v. Netherlands featuring Cruyff against Beckenbauer. Epic defensive performance.

Like go SCORELESS in a world cup.
Yet somehow hes the GOAT. 

Lebron chokes in the finals.. And he gets railroaded.
Messi on the other hand gets a pass. 

The set up at Barca is for them to keep the ball..
Until they create an easy chance for Messi to get a inside foot finish in the box..
No crosses.. No shots from distance.. No free kicks.. No volleys..
Just inside foot finishes inside the box.. 
If thats what makes you the best.. Then I guess.

FYI, Maradona went scoreless in 1990. But he was playing as a AM/playmaker so it doesn't tell the story - just like Messi has done most of his career with Argentina. But now that he has a competent manager he's been doing his usual thing - 13 in 9 w/ Argentina this year facing some good sides. I don't think he's the GOAT, but he has a chance to be, and your attempts to denigrate his rare ability and game make you sound foolish.
Messi is a choker now? Check his record in cup finals.
I'm sorry, but that assessment of Barca and Messi is moronic. You're basically saying Messi is a poacher, and then you say you're trying to be objective. C'mon son. He already has 5 or so goals outside the box this season, and a couple FKs against Madrid. Highly doubt any other player has comparable #s.

Thats great and I respect your opinion. But in my opinion, I would like to see him in another league and dominate. I do not know how many of you have played soccer but for those who have an if you are being objective you understand what I am saying. I am not knocking Messi at all. I think he is already top 3. His talent and some of the things he has done can not be denied but come on guys, take Messi out of there and put in Ronaldo (OG) in his prime and you dont think he would be breaking records left and right?

I played, and had a pretty decent amateur career.

Fenomeno may well have been breaking goal records left and right, as he was the best number 9 I've ever seen, but Barca likely would not have been as good. What many fail to realize, and what makes his goal scoring so incredible is that he does double duty in midfield. A large part of the reason Barca is so dominant in midfield is because Messi is constantly there helping retain/recycle possession, starting attacking moves, making dribbling runs, and creating chances. And the way he does this is crazy - like watching Baggio in fast forward. It's why his position is known as the 'false 9', as he has the playmaking responsibilities of a number ten, and the goal scoring responsibilities of a number 9. Yet he still scores record goal numbers. That's why he's the player of his generation, and that's why he will be in the GOAT conversation.

Last edited:
Great points about Messi in here. Stuff i had no idea about.

I don't know whether or not he is the GOAT but he is just amazing to watch. I think given his international performances that Iniesta and Xavi make a big difference for his play. But when i think of messi i think of a shadow striker not the true CF point man. The mans foot speed and control and vision is unparalleled. In this day and age with so many superior athletes 86 goals in one calendar year in a professional sport it just amazing. I know muller scored 85 in less games and had more goals in the run of play (messi had a high number of PK goals). But either way its impressive

Last edited:

A lot of the problem is that Wenger does not want to go and spend big moneys on older experienced players, he wants to carry on with his culture of bringing young stars through, But the problem is now that once these young players becomes stars they went the better riches of elsewhere, Crazy as when he does go out and spend money it always benefits (Santi Cazorla etc.)

So we are just going to lose to Bradford City huh? With our First XI? :lol: I could take the loss if we played talented youngsters like Eisfeld and Gnarby but not like this. I'm not even going to break down how ****** each player played I just cant believe they AGAIN showed no real fight and desire.

Nico Yennaris ‏@Nico_Yennaris
Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard!!

Summed up perfectly by a current Arsenal youth player and lifelong Gooner.

We are a ******g mess.

Huh? The stadium debt isn't the issue by itself its our self sustaining/sufficiency model combined with building a new stadium...there is no outside funding (despite being owned by 2 billionaires). We only spend what we make through gate receipts and player sales as we were bent over by our two biggest endorsements deals (shirt sponsor + stadium, and shirt supplier) as we took well below market value from Emirates and Nike in exchange for front loaded deals to secure funding for the stadium construction.

Yes, very true. ManU has a lot more debt than we do. Debt wise, we're pretty good. The board loves this self sustaining model. The board says money is there to spend. But even AW has said that the board has stopped him from buying a player that they considered too expensive. But he has be known to be rather frugal, it's a combination of one too many things. I believe it was the COO who was interviewed and said that winning isn't everything. From a marketing perspective he has a point. But we won't be that much marketable if we keeping losing and more importantly continue to play like this.

As for our billionaire owners. I believe Kronke said he didn't want to inject money into the club for footballing reasons. A lot of fans don't think highly of our Russian billionaire owner, dirty money and mob ties :lol: I guess that's the man reason the board won't give him a seat. I think he was gonna put money up or whatever he said in his letter over the summer. But at least he is vocal from time to time.

Majority of AW's recent buys have been experienced players. Our squad is fairly mixed. AW's tactics are just sometimes foolish. I think he has too much faith in players at times. Diaby will most likely never play a full season again or even half. Gervinho isn't going to get any better...and etc
I don't see much wrong with bringing young stars through, it has worked in the past. You see sides such as Ajax where the average age is 22/23 and they are a strong opponent and have a lovely style of play.

United going for Theo?

Gooners going for Nani? 

:nerd:

I hope so.

Nani has just been sooo damn inconsistent.

Walcott is 3 years younger.... *shrug* why not.

So Nani is gonna take a pay cut? :lol:
Theo says that he wants to play CF and that's not about money, 100k per week. Yea United can pay him that but he'll never play CF there. No on Nani

and he's not a f*cking brazilian, how the f*ck does he get away with calling himself Gervinho, Mr Gervais Lombe Yao Kouassi? Drogba didnt call himself Drogbinho, Yaya didnt call himself Grand Tourinho, how does a man with zero skill get away with dubbing himself a brazilian moniker, the only brazilian he got was when he shaved ...... cause he aint got no balls.

:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
So Nani is gonna take a pay cut? :lol:
Theo says that he wants to play CF and that's not about money, 100k per week. Yea United can pay him that but he'll never play CF there. No on Nani

and he's not a f*cking brazilian, how the f*ck does he get away with calling himself Gervinho, Mr Gervais Lombe Yao Kouassi? Drogba didnt call himself Drogbinho, Yaya didnt call himself Grand Tourinho, how does a man with zero skill get away with dubbing himself a brazilian moniker, the only brazilian he got was when he shaved ...... cause he aint got no balls.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah I doubt Nani will take a paycut. That's probably why he'll be interested in the Russian clubs (I think Zenit?) that showed interest in him.

Gervinho sounds better than Gervyao lol

And the likelihood was it was his childhood nickname.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom