The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

:lol:
I'm only going to say this once.
I have NO favorite club or favorite player. I just like watching the game and the best players go at it.
It hurts when one player is better than all your favorite clubs combined huh papi? >D

I'm sorry, unlike many people, I love teams for other reasons than them being an amazing team at the current time.

ok, well good for you.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Wilshere, Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Podolski, Gervinho.
Substitutes: Mannone, Jenkinson, Squillaci, Rosicky, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh.

:lol: seriously but that goes to show the position we're in, a lot more pressure....also a win would mean a lot in terms of confidence that we need. I just worry about risking so many players that need some rest. This a game our youngsters and fringe players should be capable of winning

:lol: seriously but that goes to show the position we're in, a lot more pressure....also a win would mean a lot in terms of confidence that we need. I just worry about risking so many players that need some rest. This a game our youngsters and fringe players should be capable of winning

With any other team. I would agree.

But Wenger is doing the right thing. It's a Tuesday, which means Arsenal won't play again until next week Monday. This is a perfect game to try and get the team gelling. Try and get Giroud to start putting them away regularly. Getting Giroud used to the rest of the teams style of play. Getting the defense some good time to communicate and understand each other better. Granted Carzola probably won't have a full game. It's a good time to get the team feeling confident, scoring for fun, especially going into the business end of the season.

The last Arsenal match that they won, they didn't score a single goal from open play against West Brom. That'd be worrying for any top flight manager.

Let me see Messi score 86 or win Ballon D'or on any team other than Barcelona I'll say he's the greatest ever.

You don't ever have to call him the greatest ever because it'll always be arguable, but yours is another fallacious argument: that players need to "prove" themselves in other leagues. As if the greatness of his talent isn't immediately obvious to anyone who watches him play, and understands the game. Or that being loyal to the club you grew up at isn't admirable in itself. By your logic, someone should tell Franco Baresi he can't be considered the second greatest defender of all time because he stayed at Milan. I'm sure he'd agree with the rationale. And his old teammate Maldini, too. Oh, and Giggs and Scholes - their legacies are in question now too. And let's not forget Tony Adams and Totti!

LOL. It's ridiculous. We're watching the player/talent of his generation. There was Di Stafano in the 50s, Pele in the 60s, Cruyff - 70s, Maradona - 80s, Zidane/R9, and now Leo Messi. No need to attempt to pick him apart before his career is even over - just enjoy it.

I agree with all of this

Who do you think is greatest defender though? Beckenbauer?

If I didn't know better, I would have thought Bradford were the premier league team and Arsenal the championship team
mean.gif

Gervinho has no composure whatsoever
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Giroud is injured, he def would have gotten a shot off a cross or two.
Gervinho and Ramsey need to go.
Coquelin is looking good, looking like a box-to-box out there
Wells is making a name for himself

This is one of the best espn commercials they've ever made (imo). Love they showed how similar Man U & Man City fans probably are over in the UK....The second vid on the bottom contains the translations for the UK terms...

Nice posts Abovelegit1
Anyway who cares if 3 or 4 NTers think someone else in the best.
The rest of the World knows Messi is the best of all time.
The Messi Haters can wait till he comes to MLS and tares it up or goes to the Premier League and tares it up like all the other La Liga and Argentine players do.
FIFA.com did a poll 10 years ago asking who is the GOAT and Maradona beat Pele by a lot. Since then Messi has done things Diego never did.
Oh and Lebron, Jordan, and Kobe all played on stacked teams. I guess none can claim GOAT because they didnt win on the Bucks or Wizards. Im looking at you MJ.
Like go SCORELESS in a world cup.

Yet somehow hes the GOAT. 

Lebron chokes in the finals.. And he gets railroaded.

Messi on the other hand gets a pass. 

The set up at Barca is for them to keep the ball..

Until they create an easy chance for Messi to get a inside foot finish in the box..

No crosses.. No shots from distance.. No free kicks.. No volleys..

Just inside foot finishes inside the box.. 

If thats what makes you the best.. Then I guess.

There is no reason to expect Messi to score that many goals in any other setup besides Barca.

Like go SCORELESS in a world cup.
Yet somehow hes the GOAT. 

Lebron chokes in the finals.. And he gets railroaded.
Messi on the other hand gets a pass. 

The set up at Barca is for them to keep the ball..
Until they create an easy chance for Messi to get a inside foot finish in the box..
No crosses.. No shots from distance.. No free kicks.. No volleys..
Just inside foot finishes inside the box.. 
If thats what makes you the best.. Then I guess.

There is no reason to expect Messi to score that many goals in any other setup besides Barca.

Bradford can feel hard done by today.

Any minute now they'll run out of steam and Arsenal will pounce.

Sessegnon just scored a lovely goal for Blunderland.

The Ethiad did not show well in the Manchester Derby. Police are still searching for the fan that threw a coin at Rio, a 15-year old was arrested for racist tweets, and the fan that ran onto the pitch received a lifetime ban. Good to see Hart do the right thing during the chaos and heated emotions.

How soon will Balotelli be sold to Milan? It's inevitable.

Jada: I finally found someone who dislikes Lio more than me, but it's still prudent to remain objective when rating a player's performance on the pitch and overall body of work. Above can vouch for me in our Clasico debates. I'm okay with Ronaldo and Messi as 1A and 1B. It would be extreme to determine one footballer is significantly better than the other. They have different strengths, but are both headliners as cream of the crop world-class footballers.

Back
Top Bottom