The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I'm so freaking hyped!

Haven't been this excited since Spain - Portugal in the Euros

:wow: @ that United lineup.

Looks like a pending disaster, but I reserve the right to come back to this thread and admire SAF's huevos later.

It's actually not that bad, considering the options.

He'll bring in Chicha & Valencia later to inject pace, when Welbeck slows down. Vidic would have been crucial in my opinion.

I expect to see Kagawa floating around keeping the flow going since Scholes isn't there to dictate the play. Rooney will drop slightly deeper and help out in the midfield as well.

I'm so pumped for this game.

LET's GO MAN U!!

PS. I'm not a Welbeck fan....
mean.gif
.....Gimme chicarito any day of the week over him

eek.gif
@ that United lineup.

Looks like a pending disaster, but I reserve the right to come back to this thread and admire SAF's huevos later.
It's actually not that bad, considering the options.

He'll bring in Chicha & Valencia later to inject pace, when Welbeck slows down. Vidic would have been crucial in my opinion.

I expect to see Kagawa floating around keeping the flow going since Scholes isn't there to dictate the play. Rooney will drop slightly deeper and help out in the midfield as well.
I agree. The MF looks decent enough... you have the versatility of Kagawa and Rooney to roam around. 

As usual, it's the backline concern.  No Vidic but maybe he's probably not match-fit enough for a game like this? Ronaldo vs Rafael... yikes.  Lets see how Rio and Evans will do... 
nerd.gif

I guess the formation matters. Assuming the 4-4-2 diamond that he's used some recently. Carrick very deep to protect the CBs, Jones/Kagawa wide (Jones specifically to mark CR7), and Rooney at the top. Asking Rooney to do that defensive job usually seems to work for 20-30 minutes, until he gets tired or lazy. (See past Utd/Barca matches, vs. Italy at the Euros).

If it's 4-2-3-1 or even 4-3-3/4-5-1, different scenarios.

Edit: Just surprised to see the 3 strikers and a CAM. Would have expected a Cleverly or Anderson, if not his old stubborn reliance on Giggs or Scholes.

Last edited:
I got about $600 on this Man U/Madrid series

Let's go Man U!!!

I hope Chicha gets on that scoring sheet...

I'm so pumped for this game.

LET's GO MAN U!!

PS. I'm not a Welbeck fan....:smh: .....Gimme chicarito any day of the week over him

Welbeck has all the right tools, he's just not using them correctly. But SAF knows, that when you give Chicha time, when opponents legs are tired, he comes in and terrorizes those tired legs.

Ronaldo vs Rafael... yikes.  Lets see how Rio and Evans will do... 

Rafael has actually been playing VERY well lately. He'll need to keep his temper in check, and try and close down Ronaldo before he builds up pace.

Asking Rooney to do that defensive job usually seems to work for 20-30 minutes, until he gets tired or lazy. (See past Utd/Barca matches, vs. Italy at the Euros).

Tired. Cause one thing Rooney is not, is lazy. If he has the energy, best believe he'll chase down every ball.

May the best team win. I have real winning but Man U isn't no joke with van Persie and of course Rooney. I think in order to stop real is by stopping ozil and di Maria. 8)

Back
Top Bottom