The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Szczęsny

Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Vermaelen

Wilshere - Arteta

Walcott - Cazorla - Podolski

Giroud

That's our projected line-up for tonight.
They gon get this work,

David Alaba fares well when he's facing someone just as fast as him, should be fun to watch him vs Walcott

I didn't watch the video but I read about it yesterday. The press gives Wenger so much ****, more so than others....I realize, I may be just slightly biased...but I don't think he lost control.

Unfortunately we'll never really know the full situation. AW still hasn't built a full solid team. Whether there's money or not, some say yes and others say no. IG says there is but he's also the same guy who was talking about how great FFP is going to be, and now he's saying otherwise. As of late I don't think the debt situation has been as much as a burden as it previously was. Yes, AW is stubborn, doesn't like over spending, and has made questionable decisions....depending on where we finish and the initial moves within the transfer market, may/will determine his future. He knows how important winning is. He get's a lot flack undeserving. There's only so much he can do when the players are on the pitch, especially if they are playing like little boys. Yes, you can argue that maybe he doesn't project a winning mentality to the players. I think the club as a whole has really lacked that since the move to the Emirates, will it certainly has decreased year after year. As for the FA comment, in regards to how many times he has won it. He might have been trying to prove the point that only SAF has won it one more time than him. So in his right, he does deserve more credit. Arsenal likes to do internal promotions, I could see Bould getting his job. I would still like to see AW involved with Arsenal regardless, especially in the development aspect.

AW said something in the conference, along the lines of someone says one thing and everyone runs with it. I agree with the most part. The press has been talking about Kroneke and his role/blame within the club since we lost on Saturday.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the video but I read about it yesterday. The press gives Wenger so much ****, more so than others....I realize, I may be just slightly biased...but I don't think he lost control.

Unfortunately we'll never really know the full situation. AW still hasn't built a full solid team. Whether there's money or not, some say yes and others say no. IG says there is but he's also the same guy who was talking about how great FFP is going to be, and now he's saying otherwise. As of late I don't think the debt situation has been as much as a burden as it previously was. Yes, AW is stubborn, doesn't like over spending, and has made questionable decisions....depending on where we finish and the initial moves within the transfer market, may/will determine his future. He knows how important winning He get's a lot flack undeserving. There's only so much he can do when the players are on the pitch, especially if they are playing like little boys.s. Yes, you can argue that maybe he doesn't project a winning mentality to the players. I think the club as a whole has really lacked that since the move to the Emirates, will it certainly has decreased year after year. As for the FA comment, in regards to how many times he has won it. He might have been trying to prove the point that only SAF has won it one more time than him. So in his right, he does deserve more credit. Arsenal likes to do internal promotions, I could see Bould getting his job. I would still like to see AW involved with Arsenal regardless, especially in the development aspect.

AW said something in the conference, along the lines of someone says one thing and everyone runs with it. I agree with the most part. The press has been talking about Kroneke and his role/blame within the club since we lost on Saturday.

Completely agreed. The British press love having a go at Arsene and paint nothing but gloom and doom stories about Arsenal when ever they get the chance. That "news" about him getting an extention AFTER we lost to Blackburn? Really? It was clearly formed to piss off Arsenal fans after that tough defeat....and it worked and Arsene called them out on it.

Also I'm not even putting the cup losses on Arsene as the teams he put out (vs Blackburn and Brentford) should have been MORE than enough to get the win....full internationals couldnt get the job done and thats on them.

Again 3 PL titles (one via an undefeated season) and 4 FA cups and a willingness to spend big on players prior to the Emirates move and nothing since then other than keeping a team in relative touching distance with Europes big boys while the club cut back on everything other that what fans pay to see the team.

Last edited:
Anyways I'm super excited for the match! Hopefully I can convice the boss to let me take a 2 hour lunch! If not I'll just have to stay away from the internet and watch the "as-live" showing after I'm off.

Its a tough task but I believe the team (and home fans) will be up for it and we'll head back to Germany with a chance to get to the next round.

Gonna pray for the gunners today vs Bayern...ill be in class so I can't watch but ill be updating my phone with scores..,,hopefully Podolski can get fired up to play some of his Germany teammates and get us going but I have my doubts smh

All signs point to us being slaughtered in this match up but maybe well shock the world, lettuce pray :lol:

ARSENAL TEAM: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen; Arteta, Ramsey; Cazorla, Wilshere, Podolski; Walcott.

BAYERN TEAM: Neuer; Lahm, Van Buyten, Dante, Alaba; Javi Martínez, Schweinsteiger; Muller, Kroos, Ribery; Mandzukic

ARSENAL TEAM: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen; Arteta, Ramsey; Cazorla, Wilshere, Podolski; Walcott.

YES Walcott through the middle and I think Ramsey will do a better job in midfield than Diaby would. No Jenkinson....I like!

Gus Johnson is calling the game today at the Emirates. :lol:

****. Nevermind, I'll just wait a couple hours and download the Sky Sports broadcast. :lol:

Last edited:
:lol:

Our team looks good, I guess Wenger opted for extra help in mid-field and not play Giroud.

I think Walcott's speed will be a problem for their back 4.

I was hoping it would be Ramsey central and Santi out wide. But I think defensively, Ramsey out wide is better

Dang that sounds like a nice squad for arsenal. Haven't seen them play lately hoping for the best for you guys.

Cristiano Ronaldo - Tested To The Limit

Not sure if some of you have seen this but it was interesting to me so I thought I'd share.

saw this on TV the other day but missed the very beginning. good lookin out on the youtube link :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom