The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Yea the balotelli incident had me heated this morning smh...

Bale is a monster tho...my gawd

Saw this article today: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mls-french-football-federation-announce-145000344--mls.html

MLS will partner with the FFF (French Federation) to learn a bit more about their youth training and set ups especially in France but also they'll get to travel to RM, Barca, Bayern, PSG and visit their academies as well....it's gonna last till 2014 and at the end a lot will be restructured within the US academy system.

Good read. Hope it turns into something tangible....

Great news to hear. I really like the recent steps they've been taking towards youth development.

The one thing culturally we need to stop is looking at kids that have athleticism and physique. I saw an interview years ago with Pep Guardiola when he was asked about Barca's youth academy, he said when he watches kids play, he looks for for an individual's skill. He said it's not about athleticism and physique which is polar opposite of the way of thought here in the states. We need to teach skills which will then enable talent to take it's course....

Mr Marcus -
I feel you man >: ... The euro leagues are reacting very slowly to put an end to this. I'm starting to get the impression they don't care. You would think these clubs would have security or the police removing these animals from the stands but they stay & act a fool...

Last edited:
West Ham's keeper has been busy tonight, what a save

Edit:Hammers!!! :wow:

Last edited:
Only Bale can dive.. told to get up by the ref.. get up and score a beauty... people won't play him to his right... he is a god..

Sent from my Windows Surface RT.

This is getting sooooo predictable 
laugh.gif

smokin.gif
I was trying to think of something to post, but might as well just post this again 

Saw this article today: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mls-french-football-federation-announce-145000344--mls.html

MLS will partner with the FFF (French Federation) to learn a bit more about their youth training and set ups especially in France but also they'll get to travel to RM, Barca, Bayern, PSG and visit their academies as well....it's gonna last till 2014 and at the end a lot will be restructured within the US academy system.

Good read. Hope it turns into something tangible....

Great news to hear. I really like the recent steps they've been taking towards youth development.

The one thing culturally we need to stop is looking at kids that have athleticism and physique. I saw an interview years ago with Pep Guardiola when he was asked about Barca's youth academy, he said when he watches kids play, he looks for for an individual's skill. He said it's not about athleticism and physique which is polar opposite of the way of thought here in the states. We need to teach skills which will then enable talent to take it's course....

Mr Marcus -
I feel you man >: ... The euro leagues are reacting very slowly to put an end to this. I'm starting to get the impression they don't care. You would think these clubs would have security or the police removing these animals from the stands but they stay & act a fool...

For sure, I never played soccer competitively, just really enjoy the sport and mess around with my friends (wish i had but thats another story :lol:) but one thing I've always heard is that we have youth coaches who value size and speed and we put way more of an emphasis on this than other countries across the pond do. Like that football mentality that you gotta get the biggest, strongest kids to win, I feel like youth academy teams here look for that at an early age in order to win tournaments here but once everyone catches up to those kids w/ early growth spurts they have no shot bc they always depended on being bigger than other kids without developing their technical skill.

I think a lot of that is changing though for the better, like someone with Messi's stature prolly wouldn't have even been developed here tbh (obviously he's an alien but still) dude is TINY physically but his technical skill is once in a generation but he'd slip through the cracks for kids who are bigger than him as a kid... I think doing stuff like this will really pay dividends.

A lot of the MLS guys who go to the EPL and other leagues represent themselves and the league really well, and having strong youth teams would be a great step....imagine in 10-20 yrs we have some young stars in the league who came through a more advanced system from the time they were like 7-8 yrs old. Then we can sell them off for nice profits :smokin It'll help the USMNT as well

And that Balo story is sickening :smh: There's a LOT about Mario you can jeer at him to get him riled up (call him selfish, hot head, hell even ***hole) but the racism stuff is so out of line....Do the clubs get actually punished for this? I know they ban the perps for life in some cases but damn maybe making them play like 2 matches in an empty arena would help....I think they did that at Ajax when they played AZ last yr, only let kids into one of the games to watch (w/ guardians)

Last edited:
Balotelli story is sad to hear :frown: dude cant catch a break (although he doesnt help his cause)

Bale :x :smh: Abramovich needs to sign this dude ASAP

Back
Top Bottom