The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Mario Balotelli reportedly commissioned a statue of himself doing the Euro 2012 flex pose
By Brooks Peck | Dirty Tackle – 4 hours ago

Now that his camouflage Bentley has been urinated on by a Manchester United fan, Mario Balotelli needs a new possession to intimidate anyone who visits his home in Brescia, Italy. So he has reportedly commission a local artist to create a sculpture of him doing his famous death-stare flex goal celebration.
From the always excellent Football Italia:
“I received the commission, but have never actually met Balotelli, so I am working from photographs,” local artist Livio Scarpella told Il Giornale di Brescianewspaper.
“I presented various sketches, but Mario wanted to be immortalised in the pose after a goal: muscles in evidence and an expression to challenge the opponents.”
This seems to be the pose he adopted after scoring the second goal against Germany in the Euro 2012 semi-final.
“I imagined him as an athlete from ancient times. The statue will be between the classic and pop style, in platinum and coloured bronze with the eyes made of precious stones.”
This might sound like Balotelli has developed a Cristiano Ronaldo level of self-appreciation, but it's actually just evidence of a man who knows that this needed to happen. I mean, who wouldn't want a statue of the Balotelli flex in their home? If the artist mass-produces these things, he'll never have to work again.

:lol: Why not?

sick.gif
roll.gif
Check out the top middle..... fan in the red jacket throws his hands up as if to say, "AWWWWW #%$#"

Mario Balotelli reportedly commissioned a statue of himself doing the Euro 2012 flex pose
By Brooks Peck | Dirty Tackle – 4 hours ago

Now that his camouflage Bentley has been urinated on by a Manchester United fan, Mario Balotelli needs a new possession to intimidate anyone who visits his home in Brescia, Italy. So he has reportedly commission a local artist to create a sculpture of him doing his famous death-stare flex goal celebration.
From the always excellent Football Italia:
“I received the commission, but have never actually met Balotelli, so I am working from photographs,” local artist Livio Scarpella told Il Giornale di Brescianewspaper.
“I presented various sketches, but Mario wanted to be immortalised in the pose after a goal: muscles in evidence and an expression to challenge the opponents.”
This seems to be the pose he adopted after scoring the second goal against Germany in the Euro 2012 semi-final.
“I imagined him as an athlete from ancient times. The statue will be between the classic and pop style, in platinum and coloured bronze with the eyes made of precious stones.”
This might sound like Balotelli has developed a Cristiano Ronaldo level of self-appreciation, but it's actually just evidence of a man who knows that this needed to happen. I mean, who wouldn't want a statue of the Balotelli flex in their home? If the artist mass-produces these things, he'll never have to work again.

:lol: Why not?
Mario :pimp:

They've played some wonderful football in La Liga this season, and the players deserve the title they're going to win. If you're not enjoying the football week to week, they why bother supporting them? You'd see them lose a major trophy, and for what? A 100 million euro transfer splash? A new style? League titles are still a big accomplishment, last I checked. It would certainly satisfy me, but then again I'm not desperate for doubles and trebles every year.

And I hate to break it to you, but the style won't change. They may well bring in a Hummels or a Neymar, but they'll continue to play possession, probe for space, and carve out chances through intricate passing. As well they should. If you want to see reactive football or punt and chase, watch EPL or whatever club Mou joins next.

Fantastic post.
Barca can't win everything.
I'll take La Liga and my chances of 2 goals against Milan any day. Tito was missing vs Milan and missing a few times this week. I know Barca is great but every team needs a coach. Anyway good game for Madrid and my favorite RM player Angel DiiMaria.
Hope the Madrid fans are happy. They better play like this versus Manchester

What happens if Barca score 2 at home? MIlan have 2 at home and barcelona will have 2 at home. Say its 2-0 for barca :nerd:

ive been knocked out of the champions league twice in FIFA cause this happens to me.

What happens if Barca score 2 at home? MIlan have 2 at home and barcelona will have 2 at home. Say its 2-0 for barca :nerd:

ive been knocked out of the champions league twice in FIFA cause this happens to me.

30 minutes of extra time. Barca has to win 3-0. If Milan scores 1 goal though, it's basically over cause of the away goal advantage and because Barca doesn't usually score that many goals against top tier teams. They would then have to win 4-1.

Even the 3-0 is really pushing it given the fact that we haven't had a clean sheet in 12 matches. It can be done, but we need the real Barca to show up for that to happen.

Last edited:
for 40million i would seriously consider selling Rooney, He hasn't been all that great this season and 40 is a lot of money

Dreams only oil^ money could buy.

Not dambz are given over at PSG. Son if Ronaldo got transferred out there, wowwwww

would zlatlan and ronaldo make a good combo?

How many games have y'all been able to catch overseas??

I might be making a trip to England this summer and will definitely be trying to catch some action in person :D

ILLIONAIRE & SinnerP beat me to it...

well that Rooney transfer rumour is reaaaaally interesting to say the least...

Last edited:
How many games have y'all been able to catch overseas??

I might be making a trip to England this summer and will definitely be trying to catch some action in person :D

If you need any help or info give me a shout man

for 40million i would seriously consider selling Rooney, He hasn't been all that great this season and 40 is a lot of money

He's been coming back to form nicely.

Granted this might all be a part of the Lewandowski deal....

Rooney out.
Kagawa in Rooney's position.
Lewandowski switching with RVP regularly.

(but then again, this is shaky, since Bayern are apparently interested in Lewa)

The only issue is that someone like Lewa is going to want to be a 90m man every game, as with RVP. And both like to play with a second striker like Kagawa.

I can't say that I'd give Rooney away for 40m, he's been critical to our success this season. He may not be providing the goals, but he's been putting in a lot of work.

Last edited:
Glad madrid won. Their speed on counters is a problem. We all knew barca's defense was struggling. But even I was surprised by how well Real played defense all game. Great header too by Varane

I can't say that I'd give Rooney away for 40m, he's been critical to our success this season. He may not be providing the goals, but he's been putting in a lot of work.
my thoughts exactly. Rooney is a work horse on both sides of the pitch, he hasnt been productive with goals this yr but we havent really needed that from him.. not too many "strikers" can track back and defend the way he does, all the money in the world but who realistically do we bring in to replace him? Kagawa has not completely settled in

MLS season starting this Saturday

I've tried watching MLS prior to last year & just couldn't get into it. Also watched a few Red Bull games because I like Thierry Henry but I just couldn't get into it. Games were kinda atrocious to watch. Level of play looked like I was watching my son's travel/club team for some of the lesser teams. I'll try watching again this year & really give it a chance (again). Here's NBC Sport's promo for the upcoming season...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom