The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Mario Balotelli has been fined 9000 pounds for making a shush gesture to Inter Milan fans, when they were racially abusing him.

:smh:

^ That's one of the most back*ssward things I've ever heard. His shush gesture was the most civil thing he could've done short of just ignoring the imbeciles. The mass governing bodies like UEFA or FIFA have got to do something... It's becoming apparent the leagues & teams don't care about this happening or they would adopt policies like here in the states by kicking these fans out & ceasing season ticket plans. The racism in Europe is nearing the xenophobic levels pre WWII it seems. Just check out what's happening in the stands at Borussia Dortmund...

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...e-with-racism-and-germanys-neo-nazi-elements/

Disturbing reports of Borussia Dortmund’s trouble with racism and Germany’s neo-Nazi elements
Steve Davis Feb 26, 2013, 4:05 PM EST

This is a terribly disturbing report of shameful stuff, and not just for the obvious reasons.

An extensive AP report today details why German Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund is having such a difficult time dealing with neo-Nazi elements of its supporter base.

While most of Germany long ago confronted its dark history in meaningful, progressive ways, this city in the heart of Germany’s industrial Ruhr (and a place with steadfast devotion to its soccer and its Bundesliga side) have had a tougher time moving on. From today’s AP piece:

Dortmund, in the heartland of the industrial Ruhr area, is a magnet for immigrants from all over the world. It also serves as a focal point for neo-Nazis in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. In no other German state are more right-wing offenses recorded.

So, yes, it’s terrible on its face.

But it’s also so horribly unfortunate because there are so many great things going on with the club, the two-time defending Bundesliga champs.

Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp is so highly thought of these days, blessed with so much remarkable talent (and displayed in a high-paced, dynamic way that makes Dortmund so thrilling to watch.)

Dortmund remains alive in the Champions League chase, and few of the UEFA survivors would relish being drawn against Klopp’s talented assembly.

I have been fortunate to see games at the Westfalenstadion, and even for someone blessed to see matches in as many places as I have, it was truly an amazing experience. This place, in so many ways, defines passionate soccer support.

So it’s a real pitty to see anything siphon off attention from the array of positive elements around Dortmund – especially something this sorry.

edit - here's another link with more details including a specific violent incident...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...nd-fans-neo-nazi-violence-bundesliga/1946161/

Last edited:
I hope Wayne doesnt leave.. i really cant see him on any other team besides United :\

MLS season starting this Saturday
Can't wait.... got season tix for the Galaxy still....... need to unload them 
frown.gif

How many games have y'all been able to catch overseas??

I might be making a trip to England this summer and will definitely be trying to catch some action in person
happy.gif
If you need any help or info give me a shout man
Will do, thanks! My old roommate is from England so he'll be showing me around. Are tix hard to come by??

D.C. United signs Carlos Ruiz
Goal.com By Keith Hickey | Goal.com – Wed, Feb 20, 2013 5:40 PM EST

Related Content

D.C. United signs Carlos RuizView Photo

D.C. United signs Carlos Ruiz

The "Little Fish" is back. Carlos "El Pescadito" Ruiz, the Gatemala national team striker and 2002 MLS MVP, is back in Major League Soccer. The 33-year-old has joined D.C. United, his fifth MLS side, according to the club.

Ruiz first came to MLS with the LA Galaxy in 2002, and his first year was his finest, as he scored 24 goals in 26 games, grabbing MVP and Golden Boot honors on his way to helping the Galaxy to a first MLS Cup title.

After three seasons with LA, Ruiz was traded to FC Dallas. After three seasons with the Hoops, he was on his way back to Los Angeles, briefly, before an even briefer stint with Toronto FC. After time abroad in Paraguay, Mexico, and Greece, Ruiz spent half of the 2011 season with the Philadelphia Union before skipping town to join Veracruz of Mexico and later, Municipal in his native country.

In his MLS career, Ruiz has scored 88 goals in 169 games, tied for ninth-most all time in league history

Chelis: I wanted Carlos Ruiz in LA.

The Chivas USA manager said that he wanted the signature of the 33-year-old Guatemalan striker, who wound up going to D.C. United.
Chivas USA manager Jose Luis "Chelis" Sanchez Sola told Goal.com he was intersted in signing 33-year-old Guatemala striker Carlos 'El Pescadito' Ruiz, a former star for fierce rival LA Galaxy, but the club was unable to work out deal.

Ruiz instead signed with D.C. United on Wednesday after being selected in the allocation order by the Eastern Conference club. Chivas failed to claim Ruiz with its 15th place in the allocation order, allowing Ruiz to fall two places further to D.C. at No. 17.

"I wanted him," Chelis admitted to Goal.com in a Spanish interview. "I asked for him, but it couldn't happen. I'm glad he is now with a team in MLS, because he is a good player."

One player that Chelis is not interested in, however, is Mexican-American teenager Juan Pablo Ocegueda. Chelis denied reports that Chivas is tracking the 19-year-old player from Orange County who recently moved from Tigres UANL to Chivas de Guadalajara.

"No, That is another rumor," Chelis said. "Nobody has told me about him, none of the board members has brought that name to me. I know who the kid is, of course, but he is not in consideration."

Who is everybody rooting for in WC 2014? I gotta go with Germany :pimp: :pimp:

gotta get a Muller and Ozil kit before the games start next year lol

Last edited:
Who is everybody rooting for in WC 2014? I gotta go with Germany
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
If the USMNT qualify I will be obviously rooting for them. Never understood when Americans don't pull for their native land 
laugh.gif

It'd be like rooting for Spain in basketball during the olympics. Makes no sense to me.

If they don't qualify, I'll probably just spectate from the sideline 
ohwell.gif

I root for the USA but due to me being such a Ronaldo fan, I root for portugal about just the same. I almost got fired from my job this summer because I skipped work to watch Portgual - Spain lmao

German Cup :pimp:

I root for the USA but due to me being such a Ronaldo fan, I root for portugal about just the same. I almost got fired from my job this summer because I skipped work to watch Portgual - Spain lmao
I feel you, I'll always follow my favorite player's national teams during the World Cup. But them losing ain't gonna break my heart like the US does 
ohwell.gif

I feel you, I'll always follow my favorite player's national teams during the World Cup. But them losing ain't gonna break my heart like the US does 
ohwell.gif

Exactly. The US will always be the #1 team K root for. That Landon goal in 2010 still remains one of the greatest sports moments I've watched live. :pimp:

Don't think i would have felt that same emotion if Ronaldo scored a goal in the same situation.

ohwell.gif
Exactly. The US will always be the #1 team K root for. That Landon goal in 2010 still remains one of the greatest sports moments I've watched live.
pimp.gif

Don't think i would have felt that same emotion if Ronaldo scored a goal in the same situation.
Absolutely, same with if they won, I wouldn't have that same sense of pride or joy.

When Landon scored in the 90th minute I was at the ESPN Zone at LA Live..... That place went nuts 
laugh.gif
 everyone was jumping on tables and ****, I was holding back tears I was so happy 
ohwell.gif

Wow just read Ibra's ucl ban got doubled to two games , shady stuff from uefa.. Wasn't even a red to begin with

Back
Top Bottom