The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Chelsea should have kept Andre Villas Boas, this firing of the managers needs to stop. Every year, same story. Ever since Mourinho left, they don't know what to do.

This is awesome, Colorado rapid's new uniform has every season ticket holders name in it!

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2013/2/26/4032070/colorado-rapids-kit-release

The Rapid's owner is the majority owner of Arsenal ($ilent $tan Kroenke) but Adidas is going to straight up jacked Arsenal's "Herbert Chapman" kit from 2008? :smh:

$(KGrHqV,!qEFC)ZDus3!BQ8U7zUDKQ~~60_35.JPG

This is awesome, Colorado rapid's new uniform has every season ticket holders name in it!

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2013/2/26/4032070/colorado-rapids-kit-release

The Rapid's owner is the majority owner of Arsenal ($ilent $tan Kroenke) but Adidas is going to straight up jacked Arsenal's "Herbert Chapman" kit from 2008? :smh:

$(KGrHqV,!qEFC)ZDus3!BQ8U7zUDKQ~~60_35.JPG

:smh:

Seeing how they might be making kits for us next and they usually do a good job, thats just all kinds of low.

Rafa is right though, pretty much said what Wenger was saying recently. Atmosphere makes a difference, the negativity does get to the players. Get behind the team. A lot of times, Arsenal away fans, do a better job of cheering and singing than the home fans.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: at Barton making fun of Ibra's nose but it looks like Ibra was giving him the wanker sign

Chelsea should have kept Andre Villas Boas, this firing of the managers needs to stop. Every year, same story. Ever since Mourinho left, they don't know what to do.

AVB is a great manager. It's a damn shame Chelsea let him go. You can't just manage a big club like Porto if you're really a mediocre manager (then again, the English severely underrate non EPL teams :rolleyes)...think about how Hazard, Mata, and Oscar would flourish under him :smh:

I don't hold any hatred towards Chelsea as a club, but as long as Roman is in charge I'll always root against them. Di Matteo got shafted horribly...Besides Madrid's Perez, who else would fire one of their most successful managers of all time a few months into the season :lol:

Last edited:
Roman really doesn't understand that it takes time to build a side. Immediate results aren't guaranteed. He's not the only club/owner to behave as such but it's much more prevalent with him. I think AVB is a good manager, just wish he wasn't with the Spuds :lol: I don't think Chel$ea fans ever really rated him. My one friend said he was trying to change the side too much...well that's what managers do. RDM is good too, I wonder where he'll end up.

I was watching the FA game at the same time with Bayern, of course the better game got more of my attention. But I noticed that Ake was playing today. Is this his first time making a first time appearance?

I visit the soccer thread on bodybuilding.com too

man i hate going there after an el clasico .. 5 days of straight hate going back and forth :lol:

That sports forum in bodybuilding.com is all kinds of terrible. lol. That "bake" nonsense gets annoying.

Can't wait.... got season tix for the Galaxy still....... need to unload them 
frown.gif

Will do, thanks! My old roommate is from England so he'll be showing me around. Are tix hard to come by??

Depends what game you looking to get to, Some teams \ games wil be easier then others, To be honest can always get tickets outside the ground from a Tout if you really needed for the big games if you couldnt get tickets,

If you wanted Manchester United tickets I could probably help

If you wanted Manchester United tickets I could probably help
currently stationed in germany and have been wanting to go to OT. Tickets are hard to come by, will deff be needing your help. Wish all games where as easy to go to as they are in spain and germany.

currently stationed in germany and have been wanting to go to OT. Tickets are hard to come by, will deff be needing your help. Wish all games where as easy to go to as they are in spain and germany.

ok mate no worries give me a shout and i'll see what i can do for you

I was reading through some headlines last night & was thinking about the Rafa situation. I think he's done reasonably well especially given the difficult environment in which he was asked to work in & the team he's inherited. Here's food for thought... What decent manager worth his salt is going to want to come coach at Stamford Bridge now? I'm mean really given the way fans have been reacting & the way Abramovich has sacked his managers? I think Abramovich would have to severely overpay to have someone good come in. I can't see a reputable manager coming to that club now...

Last edited:
i dont think it will be that hard for chelsea to find another manager. They really only fired 4 managers since Mourinho was let go. I personally see Mourinho coming back, and if he does, Roman giving giving him full control of the club and transfers. Everyone says roman is a craz owner, but i rather have him over the other owners in the EPL.

I'd be extremely surprised if Mourinho comes back. Some press are calling for John Terry to take the reigns given Chelsea's history of player managers (like Ruud Gullit & Gianluca Villai - previous to Abramovich's ownership).

UK's Daily Mirror has these guys as possible candidates - Mourinho, Everton's David Moyes, Chelsea's own Gus Poyet or Gianfranco Zola, Swansea's Michael Laudrup, bringing back Avram Grant, Malaga's Manuel Pellegrini, Russian national team's Fabio Capello, Borussia Dortmund's Jurgen Klopp, & finally QPR's Redknapp...

Rafa and AVB have the worst winning percentages of any managers in Roman's reign. AVB didn't have the players to play the system that he wanted to play. You have to be able to balance getting your side to play your system and getting results. His inability (or unwillingness) to adapt got him sacked. The only reason that he lost the dressing room was because he was not playing the players and NOT getting results. No one would care if this was happening and they were winning. You can't go a month and a half with one win and end it with a loss at home to West Brom and keep your job. I would love to see AVB with the team we have now, especially since I think the 4-3-3 that he employed at Porto would do very well with many of the pieces we have at the moment, but football is about results, and you have to keep them to keep your job.

As for the "Rafa is doing reasonably well" comment that someone said up there, you must either be sleep or not actually watching what has happened since he took charge. 4 points back when he took over and now United are 19 points clear. I don't think that's doing reasonably well.

I think Mourinho know that if he comes back, he will have full control of the club. that is something he can't have at Real and wont get at United. I also read that the Juventus manager might be interested in the job. As long as chelsea remain in the top 4, i dont see it hard for them to get a world class manager

Back
Top Bottom