The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I said "reasonably well" because he shouldn't have been hired in the first place especially given his history of comments about Chelsea when he was at Liverpool (& his record there). His problems there were due to him not being able to find a consistent roster that not only caused inconsistent play but also hurt the confidence of his players there.

Rafa was correct in being labeled interim from the start was a bad move because it basically nullified whatever power he might've had in the lockeroom & with the club in general.

Sir Alex has long said that his success at Man U was attributed to 2 things; power and control. Rafa was obviously not getting much control in his role but being label interim automatically ceded any power as manager from jump. It seemed to seep away each week regardless of wins or loses.

All these problems lead to Abramovich really. If people can't see that Rafa was doomed to fail from jump, then oh well... That's my logic in my "reasonably well" assessment.

All these problems lead to Abramovich really. If people can't see that Rafa was doomed to fail from jump, then oh well... That's my logic in my "reasonably well" assessment.

Agreed and Chelsea fans cant direct their anger at the right person because they're Roman's play thing and their club would be ****** if he pulled out and they know this. Hell they jeered Rafa throughout his first freaking game like he was the reason the season hasnt panned out like they wanted and he (Rafa) was the person that decided to let RDM go....but not a one ill chant or sign was directed at Roman. Its was/is very cowardly tbh. He never stood a chance and it seems to me that they gave him that "iterim" title because they really thought Pep was going to be part of their manager circus/s***show but that backfired.

They love backing their cheating racist captain but cant back their new coach? Turmoil and uncertainty cause major problems to team in all sports and its coming to a head now.

As an Arsenal fan I hope it gets much worse and they fall out of the top 4 race since they cant fluke their way into CL football this time around....I did alot of laughing at Spurs expense last year and I dont want my comeuppance. :lol:

Last edited:
Gunner fans have a big game coming up against the Spurs... Sunday right? How do you think it will end? Will the Gunners be able to pull out a W?

I Kinda think hiring Rafa was the right thing for Roman. He never wanted RDM as the manager but was forced into hiring him after winning the CL. With hiring Rafa, he knew no matter what cups he won with the club the fans would never fully support him and get mad when he gets dropped season ends. Chelsea fans, like mself, shouldnt boo Roman. Look what he was brought to the club the since takin gover. Arsenal fans should wish the have a owner who will do anything to make sure the clubs stays winning.

Gunner fans have a big game coming up against the Spurs... Sunday right? How do you think it will end? Will the Gunners be able to pull out a W?

Sagna's out so its Jenkinson vs Bale. :smh:

Jenkinson a full fledged Gooner, its a NLD away at the Lane so I really hope he raises his game and keeps Bale in his pocket....but the signs point to out right flank being punished all game.

Hope Theo keeps up his good run vs Spurs and we play on the counter but I'd still start Giroud. Jack in deeper midfield role driving us forward when need be and helping provide bite in defense along with Arteta and Santi back at CAM.
My preferred lineup...

- - - - - - - - - Szczesny
Jenkinson - Per - Koscielny - Monreal
- - - - Arteta - Wilshere
- - - - - - - Cazorla
Walcott - Giroud - Podolski

Part of me wants Ramsey to start because he provides energy in the middle and Cazorla out wide since he scored 2 vs Villa but again I don't want tons possession and few chances in a game like this, I was directness and pace.

3 points is a must!

Last edited:
I Kinda think hiring Rafa was the right thing for Roman. He never wanted RDM as the manager but was forced into hiring him after winning the CL. With hiring Rafa, he knew no matter what cups he won with the club the fans would never fully support him and get mad when he gets dropped season ends. Chelsea fans, like mself, shouldnt boo Roman. Look what he was brought to the club the since taking over. Arsenal fans should wish the have a owner who will do anything to make sure the clubs stays winning.

Roman bought a past it Torres for 50m and wanted him to play a the cost of his team hoping he would get back to his best. AVB was hired and was trying to move the club forward with fresh ideas and a new playing style/formation but was let go. (Isnt that why you bring in a new young bright coach?)

RDM was hired the club went back to relying on its defense and Drogba and despite poor league showing won the CL because Drogba turns into a god whenever Chelsea are in a cup final for spme annoying reason :lol: :smh:

Roman chose to keep him on over the summer and then to sack him. Fans were upset that a former player and manager of the team that won the CL less than 6 months prior was thrown out and shown 0 loyality so they took it out on Rafa before the first second of his first game in charge and he (rightfully) called the "fans" out on it....but hey "Chelsea fans, like mself, shouldnt boo Roman. Look what he was brought to the club the since taking over." :smh:

Again its very cowardly and spoken like a rich man's *****.....

Oh and based on your last sentence, I just want to point out this isnt a jealous Arsenal fan vs Chelsea thing, most of world football also thinks Chelsea's coaching situation under Roman is a joke despite the silverware won.

Last edited:
Lay off Roman

Before Roman too over from 1905-2003:1 title

Since Roman took over: 3 EPL titles, 4 FA Cups, a CL title

Does he fire managers too quickly? yes. But for the right reasons. Will never complain about having an owner who wants to win too badly. Things could be worse...we could have Arsenal's ownership.

And for all the flack Roman gets..say what you want but we still keep winning titles despite it.

Mourinho going back to Chelsea, I doubt it. Been there done that.

He's an adventurous dude, loves a good challenge. City would have a better shot.

Lay off Roman

Does he fire managers too quickly? yes. But for the right reasons. Will never complain about having an owner who wants to win too badly. Things could be worse...we could have Arsenal's ownership.

And for all the flack Roman gets..say what you want but we still keep winning titles despite it.

So you'd rather fire managers every 6 months, alienate potential future employees , and just hope that you get some silverware every season? Instead of sticking with one good manager and letting him shape you guys into an annual contender for the EPL title?

Last edited:
Stan Kroneke is far from the greatest owner. Do I wish he was more vocal and ambitious? Surely. But he isn't running a clown show. Not sure why you're making this an Arsenal vs Chelsea thing. Roman comes off like a tyrant which a handful of people have an issue with. I would argue that some of the reasons Pep didn't want to join Chelsea, besides Roman, the lack of history and youth development. I do understand that the club is building it's history but it's always gonna be tainted with the sacking and hiring of managers, among other things

Last edited:
Lay off Roman

:lol: Whatever fam.

Lay off Roman

:lol: Whatever fam.
Roman takes the Steinbrenner approach "If it aint broke, buy a better one"

I'm not making this a Arsenal vs Chelsea thing, but its funny how most of the Arsenal fans i encounter are always complaining and saying the should get rid of Arsene because he wasnt won anything in 8yrs, but laugh at Chelsea when Roman fires a manager who he feels isnt doing a good job and not winning. You guys have to understand Roman never wanted to hire RDM as a full time manager, he was pressured into it after he won the CL. I do think he should have waited until the season was over before firing him though.

To the guy who said Mourinho wont come back, the thing he wants the most is full control of players and transfer signings to any club he goes to and Roman is willing to give him that. Sir Alex isnt leaving United for a bit and when he does Pep will most likely take over, PSG is in a ****** league so why would he go there?

You really think a Russian oligarch who has every imaginable thing catered to him in life. He who has a 40 person personal security force & has nothing but yes men around him is going to cede total control over perhaps his most "prized possession"? Especially in light of how Mourinho & Abramovich supposedly got mildly into it in the hallway right after losing to Blackburn back then? Mourinho would only come back if he had full control & I don't think Abramovich's ego would give him that...

Last edited:
Yea, there are people that want Wenger out, but majority of fans don't. What is it now, 10 managers in 9 years? It's not just Arsenal fans laughing...
Maybe I missed something....but why is P$G being brought up? I didn't see it
I'm pretty sure it was never an option for Pep

Anyone been following the US U20 team as of late? I think their final game is tonight

Yea, there are people that want Wenger out, but majority of fans don't. What is it now, 10 managers in 9 years? It's not just Arsenal fans laughing...
Maybe I missed something....but why is P$G being brought up? I didn't see it
I'm pretty sure it was never an option for Pep

Anyone been following the US U20 team as of late? I think their final game is tonight

I've watched the last couple of US U20 games that have been on...They play better than the USMNT....More aggressive, attacking, & authoritative (at least from what I've seen). :lol: Even my 9 year old thinks the U20 is better. Looking forward to seeing the game tonight. I also watched some of the other teams. Man #16 for the Jamaican U20 team was laying some wood to some Mexican players... He should've been red carded...

Edit - I meant to also say that #5 on the U20 Canada squad was a goon. He should've gotten a red card for jumping on the back of our player & them shoving him to the ground as he went to get up. The refereeing in the U20 CONCACAF has been terrible.

Last edited:
Yes, the amount of games on TV here is staggering.

On that note...I learned today that the UK's blackout rule for 3PM Saturday games extends to all leagues, not just domestic. El Clasico tomorrow will be on a 5 hour delay. Suckers... :lol:

Real Madrid side to face Barca: DiegoLopez, Ramos, Varane, Pepe, Coentrao, Modric, Kaka, Essien, Callejon, Morata, Benzema 
nerd.gif

Barca team to face Real Madrid: Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Alba, Sergio, Thiago, Iniesta; Villa, Messi, Pedro

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom