The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Brasil were shocking on both ends. You can be as creative as you want, it counts for nothing if you have no end product. I lost track of how many times they worked their way into the box and blew it. That last miss by Oscar summed up Brasils day. On defense, their entire back four played poorly particularly Raphael :smh: He made some nice runs on offense but, at the end of the day, you still have to defend if you're a defender... his choice of passes were also particularly poor.

Good job to Mexico for capitalizing on Brasilian mistakes and finishing when given the chance.

So does anyone think any Mexican players will actually stay in Europe after there performance in this Olympics?

As a USMNT fan, I hope they stay home :D but nah, they really should have some players getting heavily scouted...beyond Dos Santos (already there) is anyone playing in Europe? I feel like certain nationalities get overvalued...not to say these brazilian young stars aren't very talented...but theres a few guys from Honduras, Mexico, South Korea who I thought looked just as good in the Olympics, and they can be had for 1/10th the price of some of these guys from Europe or Brazil....I think Fabian could do well in La Liga for a mid table team, Peralta should get some shine too...and Corona was solid in goal...their future is bright man. US needs to get it together

Brazil looked shaky from the beginning of the tournament and probably relaxed thinking they could win on talent alone. I have heard that story before.

Raphael was the main culprit though. Dude was trying to be cute in brazil's own area. That is pure stupidity considering that is how mexico usually scores.

Brazil's goalie was a joke too :rofl:

Ligue 1 starts today :D
That Montpellier v. Toulouse match yesterday was nuts.

The irony of the Community Shield tomorrow with Chelsea v. Man City, which club/owner is more vile?

Damn yea, I was out and didn't catch that one, I'm mainly talking about my squad :lol: but yeah...talk about bad vs evil though, I'm just gonna hope for a good game and the field being overrun with groundhogs or something

That Montpellier v. Toulouse match yesterday was nuts.
The irony of the Community Shield tomorrow with Chelsea v. Man City, which club/owner is more vile?

:lol: Gotta be Chelsea, no? No topping that Abramovich/Terry combo.

Great game, caught most of it. Wonder if Menezes can hang on to his job, but likely not.

So does anyone think any Mexican players will actually stay in Europe after there performance in this Olympics?

As a USMNT fan, I hope they stay home :D but nah, they really should have some players getting heavily scouted...beyond Dos Santos (already there) is anyone playing in Europe? I feel like certain nationalities get overvalued...not to say these brazilian young stars aren't very talented...but theres a few guys from Honduras, Mexico, South Korea who I thought looked just as good in the Olympics, and they can be had for 1/10th the price of some of these guys from Europe or Brazil....I think Fabian could do well in La Liga for a mid table team, Peralta should get some shine too...and Corona was solid in goal...their future is bright man. US needs to get it together
Nope, Gio is the only one who players in Europe. Carlos Salcido had a stint at PSV.
About the US, they have Dempsey and Donovan. Plus there right back Chandler is pretty good and is a regular in his team in Germany. Peralta should go to a mid table team, I'll de sad that he'll leave Santos Laguna but man he deserves it

Clubs don't buy smart anymore. I mean honestly looking at Manchester uniteds squad last year I thought they would place 4th or 3rd cus they didn't have much key players but it comes to show that youngsters can keep up with big named players like Manchester City's team. Or take a look at PSG, had a big named squad but lost the league to a no named team like Montpieller, it's just all about buying smart and not throwing away your money like Liverpool. 36£ million for a flop like Carrol :smh: unbelievable

You're 100% right.

Buying smart, and chemistry.

Hell, look at Newcastle last season. Sensational run.

What did Cisse cost? 8m? Dude managed to have 13 goals in 14 appearances.

Dead on.....as much flack as Arsenal gets and their struggles the past 7 yrs to win ANYTHING :lol: Arsene does play smart with money, buy relatvively cheap young players who have potential, then sell them off once that outrageous offer comes in and they manage their budget pretty well, taking advantage of other clubs like Malaga for Cazorla, and always having the successor in line before you sell the star player...more and more I think it'd be smart to sell RvP due to his injury history, age, and he's at his peak value as an asset likely to only go down. Everyone has a price after all...my team Lyon operates in a similar way, and its kinda outlined in that book Soccernomics. Obviously the huge clubs will ontinue to overpay with the influx of oil money, but stuff like Liverpool paying Newcastle 50mill pounds is just :wow: :smh: awful business

Wenger putting that economics degree to work :pimp:
He really did do a great job signing 3 top players this summer and I expect 1 or 2 more signings to come.
I feel that selling RvP now would be better for us. Suffer the loss of him now and at least make a profit.
Looking forward to the Lyon game today.

Major props to Mexico. A lot of people didn't think they had a chance and that they would get washed out.
Rafael :lol: :smh:

Nope, Gio is the only one who players in Europe. Carlos Salcido had a stint at PSV.
About the US, they have Dempsey and Donovan. Plus there right back Chandler is pretty good and is a regular in his team in Germany. Peralta should go to a mid table team, I'll de sad that he'll leave Santos Laguna but man he deserves it

Chicarito....Vela and the other Dos Santos if you want to count them. I believe there's a few other players too.

A good portion of the US U-23 play in Europe but at lower level clubs. Yes but the US needs to get it together. we are on a slow improvement...but its just painful.

Clubs don't buy smart anymore. I mean honestly looking at Manchester uniteds squad last year I thought they would place 4th or 3rd cus they didn't have much key players but it comes to show that youngsters can keep up with big named players like Manchester City's team. Or take a look at PSG, had a big named squad but lost the league to a no named team like Montpieller, it's just all about buying smart and not throwing away your money like Liverpool. 36£ million for a flop like Carrol :smh: unbelievable

You're 100% right.

Buying smart, and chemistry.

Hell, look at Newcastle last season. Sensational run.

What did Cisse cost? 8m? Dude managed to have 13 goals in 14 appearances.

Dead on.....as much flack as Arsenal gets and their struggles the past 7 yrs to win ANYTHING :lol: Arsene does play smart with money, buy relatvively cheap young players who have potential, then sell them off once that outrageous offer comes in and they manage their budget pretty well, taking advantage of other clubs like Malaga for Cazorla, and always having the successor in line before you sell the star player...more and more I think it'd be smart to sell RvP due to his injury history, age, and he's at his peak value as an asset likely to only go down. Everyone has a price after all...my team Lyon operates in a similar way, and its kinda outlined in that book Soccernomics. Obviously the huge clubs will ontinue to overpay with the influx of oil money, but stuff like Liverpool paying Newcastle 50mill pounds is just :wow: :smh: awful business

Wenger putting that economics degree to work :pimp:
He really did do a great job signing 3 top players this summer and I expect 1 or 2 more signings to come.
I feel that selling RvP now would be better for us. Suffer the loss of him now and at least make a profit.
Looking forward to the Lyon game today.

Major props to Mexico. A lot of people didn't think they had a chance and that they would get washed out.
Rafael :lol: :smh:

Chicarito....Vela and the other Dos Santos if you want to count them. I believe there's a few other players too.

A good portion of the US U-23 play in Europe but at lower level clubs. Yes but the US needs to get it together. we are on a slow improvement...but its just painful.
But you have to give props on how fast they've developed because the mls is what 15-25 yrs old?
Mexico still has a lot to prove tho, they need I get through on to the famous 5th game try desperately want and need

Last edited:
That header was no gimmie? Stop it. Oscar was unmarked, 5-7 yards away from the goal, with the goalie out of his way.

Oscar didn't blow the game, Brazil backline gave up to many oppertunitys, but he missed out on a major chance with that header miss. Great pass by Hulk.

Congrats to Mexico though. Sensational win.

Back
Top Bottom