The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I'm curious to see how PSG in their first game....hope my boys OL start the season off right though :smokin....gonna watch this RM friendly in the meantime till the games start

Feli26

Absolutely and it's only getting better. The fan base is growing stronger. The MLS is certainly moving away from being 3rd tier and onto 2nd tier
I'm expecting good things from Klinsmann.
I think he will help us establish a better football philosophy, develop a more attractive style of play and help build a better youth system....granted that we have him for more than 4 years.
And of course there is the financial aspect of it, which some may argue that it is what it all comes down to.

Feli26

Absolutely and it's only getting better. The fan base is growing stronger. The MLS is certainly moving away from being 3rd tier and onto 2nd tier
I think he will help us establish a better football philosophy, develop a more attractive style of play and help build a better youth system....granted that we have him for more than 4 years.
And of course there is the financial aspect of it, which some may argue that it is what it all comes down to.

Yup you're right, there's definitely reason to be optimistic...its just Mexico is hitting one of their "golden generations" right now, but USA has some good prospects too like Chandler, Gyau, Gatt, even Boyd and even Jozy is still only 22...Mex is getting the results though...all in all its good for the US that Mexico is improving rapidly bc it'll make the rivalry stronger and make the USSF step up even more...and MLS is definitely on the right track and improving year by year, I'm hoping Klinsmann can help us get through that "wall" this next World Cup

Feli26

The fan base is amazing Portland's stadium is splendid and the fans are great and Seattles stadium as well and their consistancy is amazing. Kinda sad they lost the us cup :frown:
The only thing I don't like is how they're league is based, I get it that they want to make sports in the USA seasonal but soccer shouldn't just be played in the summer. The teams are rusty when they compete in the conca champions
As for the conca champions, they need to promote that more and have teams actually play and not just ignore it

Feli26

Yup you're right, there's definitely reason to be optimistic...its just Mexico is hitting one of their "golden generations" right now, but USA has some good prospects too like Chandler, Gyau, Gatt, even Boyd and even Jozy is still only 22...Mex is getting the results though...all in all its good for the US that Mexico is improving rapidly bc it'll make the rivalry stronger and make the USSF step up even more...and MLS is definitely on the right track and improving year by year, I'm hoping Klinsmann can help us get through that "wall" this next World Cup
:rofl: no disrespect or anything bruh but Mexicos 'golden age' was begun in the 90's or late 80's with players like Hugo Sanchez, Claudio Suarez, El Matador Hernandez, Aspe, Jorge Campos and the world cup of 94 was there's heck the Belgians were afraid of Hugo Sanchez but he never started the game :smh: and then there's the 96-2006 era with players like Jared Borgetti, Cuathemoc Blanco, Pavel Pardo, Oswaldo Sanchez, Paco Palencia, Gerrardo Torrado, Rafa Marquez, Osorio, Salcido and more. Mexico has won the confederations against brazil in 97, placed second in 2001 in the copa America, 5x gold cup winners, 2x sub 15 champions, 3rd place sub 20, gold medal champions today. This team is just learning from the mistakes of the last 'golden era'. The lesson that hurt the most was 2002 against USA when they knocked them out of the WC. Mexico always produces amazing players two most notable are Hugo Sanchez and Rafael Marquez, this team will surpass them and will learn from there mistakes

Last edited:
Gameiro and Nene on the bench for PSG that is disgusting :x

And forgot about the German SuperCup tomorrow... Should be an interesting match.

Feli26

:rofl: no disrespect or anything bruh but Mexicos 'golden age' was begun in the 90's or late 80's with players like Hugo Sanchez, Claudio Suarez, El Matador Hernandez, Aspe, Jorge Campos and the world cup of 94 was there's heck the Belgians were afraid of Hugo Sanchez but he never started the game :smh: and then there's the 96-2006 era with players like Jared Borgetti, Cuathemoc Blanco, Pavel Pardo, Oswaldo Sanchez, Paco Palencia, Gerrardo Torrado, Rafa Marquez, Osorio, Salcido and more. Mexico has won the confederations against brazil in 97, placed second in 2001 in the copa America, 5x gold cup winners, 2x sub 15 champions, 3rd place sub 20, gold medal champions today. This team is just learning from the mistakes of the last 'golden era'. The lesson that hurt the most was 2002 against USA when they knocked them out of the WC. Mexico always produces amazing players two most notable are Hugo Sanchez and Rafael Marquez, this team will surpass them and will learn from there mistakes

:lol: nah I know that you mean, I was born in 90 so I've only heard of some of those guys... I just meant they're producing a quality "team" right now and this group has won a lot of different age level tourneys for the most part...I don't think they have an obvious "superstar" necessarily but they have a bunch of really good players who seem to work well together w/o egos as a complete team...ususally youth tournaments can be misleading cuz Nigeria has done really well in youth WC's with nothing to show for it except a few good players and it doesn't translate to their NT at all, but this mexican team will see a lot of these guys move on to the senior team and they've won at most levels already...I think they (could) get to the semi's if they catch a good draw in 2014 but we'll see

Gametime: Allez Les Gones!!!!!

Last edited:
Feli26

:lol: nah I know that you mean, I was born in 90 so I've only heard of some of those guys... I just meant they're producing a quality "team" right now and this group has won a lot of different age level tourneys for the most part...I don't think they have an obvious "superstar" necessarily but they have a bunch of really good players who seem to work well together w/o egos as a complete team...ususally youth tournaments can be misleading cuz Nigeria has done really well in youth WC's with nothing to show for it except a few good players and it doesn't translate to their NT at all, but this mexican team will see a lot of these guys move on to the senior team and they've won at most levels already...I think they (could) get to the semi's if they catch a good draw in 2014 but we'll see

Gametime: Allez Les Gones!!!!!
Yea I hope they get that 5th game they so desperately need
PSG :smh:

Last edited:
Horrible PSG defense leads to a Lorient goal by Aliadiere putting them down 0 - 2. Ancelotti's face was priceless.

Last edited:
PSG have gotten a lot of chances, but have failed to convert into goals. In PSG's defense, that Lorient goalkeeper has had a good game as have the Lorient defenders who are holding on and saving a lot of the PSG chances.

Back
Top Bottom