The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

chicago fire gettin them 3 points today :smokin

:lol:

Great game, great atmosphere too. We controlled the midfield almost all game, looking forward to the rest of the season. Magee with the hat trick :smokin
Man, I'm literally giving away my season tix right now 
mean.gif

Was it really that great?? When they panned around, it didn't look so good 
ohwell.gif

I thought it was good, 20K+ is a pretty good crowd. Everyone seemed into the game, especially since the score was 4-0 :lol: :smokin

LMAO what was portland keeper doing?! haha
That was because he came out thinking Silvestre wouldnt be an idiot and pass the ball back, but he did, so Ricketts couldnt recover from going to pick the ball up and it got bobbled back into play. Silvestre was the reason for the first 2 NY goals. Not a good start for him. At least we clawed back to get the point despite our defense.

Cant post the video, but Diego Valeri's goal was beautiful.

Last edited:
That was because he came out thinking Silvestre wouldnt be an idiot and pass the ball back, but he did, so Ricketts couldnt recover from going to pick the ball up and it got bobbled back into play. Silvestre was the reason for the first 2 NY goals. Not a good start for him. At least we clawed back to get the point despite our defense.

The human lightbulb is back to his Arsenal form already it seems. You're my dude Noskey but :lol: are you honestly surprised?

The human lightbulb is back to his Arsenal form already it seems. You're my dude Noskey but :lol: are you honestly surprised?
No. Not at all. I was hoping he'd only be the cause of 1 goal, but he went above and beyond, and allowed 3 :lol:

No. Not at all. I was hoping he'd only be the cause of 1 goal, but he went above and beyond, and allowed 3 :lol:

3 goals you say? Beast. FIFA better put out a in form/team of the week player card for Ultimate Team.

Wenger from his post match interview: "You're only vulnerable if you want to sell and you need money. (However), that doesn't concern me at all, that is down to the owners"

Man I thought Barca's backline was bad, but that Arsenal back line has been atrocious. The goals Bale & Lennon had were pretty much identical. They both left like 5-6 Arsenal defenders in the dust. That was tough/sad to see. As much as I like Wenger, he needs to step on. Arsenal fan Piers Morgan is calling for Wenger to step down on Twitter & on Fox Soccer telecast yesterday...

Last edited:
Piers been telling Wenger to step down for a couple of years now :lol: he's such a troll
I would love to see Wenger still have a position within the club.

Piers been telling Wenger to step down for a couple of years now :lol: he's such a troll

I'm saying. :lol: If we would have won he'd still want the same thing.

Interesting quote from Arsene though. I dont know how much to look into it, but I know he didnt want to sell Cesc, Nasri or RVP.......hmmmm

Trying to convince a couple of friends to make this trip to TJ to see Corinthians vs Tijuana in the Copa Libertadores tomorrow. They're acting like some weenies right now... :smh:

I'm saying. :lol: If we would have won he'd still want the same thing.

Interesting quote from Arsene though. I dont know how much to look into it, but I know he didnt want to sell Cesc, Nasri or RVP.......hmmmm

For real. Can't even lie, he does get pretty amusing at times. I think it's funny how he comes from a Spurs supporting family, at least that's what I've been told :lol:
The editors and some of the bloggers I follow on twitter have always pointed the finger at the board/owner. Over the last few weeks, more papers have been talking about the board/owners role or lack of it. Wenger has made questionable decisions and mistakes along his way but he of course knows what it takes to win. A team with one too many second rate players and no depth won't cut it. It's hard to believe that he would sell those players at the cost of winning titles just to keep the board happy by balancing the budget. I saw a lot of comments for fans complaining how Wenger rejected buying Lloris and Vertoghen, Piers may have been one of them tbh :lol: . I remember reading a few articles that says the board rejected his attempts to buy them. I do know that he stopped going after Niang after Caen up the price and wanted 5-7mil for him. I think he'll end up being better than Afobe. A lot we'll never know unfortunately. Fast forwarding through this season would be nice :smh:
On a positive note, Ryo is back from injury and played for the Wigan U21 today. I hope he can get into the first team rotation for them. He'll probably get loaned again next season, at least a short one. I think the combination of Ryo/OX/Theo on the wings is just :wow:

I just can't get into it...but i really am going to try this year....MLS.....
I watched Portland vs NY last night...and even a 3-3 game....the play...just isn't that great. Nagbe had some flashes though

That being said...excited for City v. Villa in a bit

I just can't get into it...but i really am going to try this year....MLS.....
I watched Portland vs NY last night...and even a 3-3 game....the play...just isn't that great. Nagbe had some flashes though

That being said...excited for City v. Villa in a bit

I can't get into the MLS either. I enjoy watching Earthquakes games, but it's more about supporting the hometown team for me than the actual product/quality. I don't think the MLS is horrible by global standards...maybe unremarkable is a better description

Last edited:
Villa opening very threatening.

I expect Milner to perform inspired.

Mancini's comments should rouse Hart and Nasri, in a plea for consistency and the larger picture, chasing down United before campaign's end. I don't like the gap so wide at the top. No pressure, looser than Tahiry's box.

I remember my boy used to DESTROY me with Mertesacker and Metzelder in FIFA 06...how times have changed :lol: .. almost as slow in FIFA 13 as he is in real life

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom