The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

This year is destined for Real Madrid as much as I hate to admit it :smh:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Seriously tho, if Jose wins a champions league with Real. He's going down as the best manager/coach of all time, in any sport.

Loving this draw :smokin

Bayern will beat Barca, there defense is way to physical for Messi and the boys, plus they counter too well. Too many holes in Barcas defense.

I hope Barca puts up a good fight...I can't see them getting past BM especially the lackluster way they played PSG in the last game. Barca's defense is going to get shredded against BM's attack. Miracles do happen though, so at least there's hope...

I hope Barca puts up a good fight...I can't see them getting past BM especially the lackluster way they played PSG in the last game. Barca's defense is going to get shredded against BM's attack. Miracles do happen though, so at least there's hope...

Agreed. Never bet against barca but its not looking good for that defense agains Bayern

Frediel :smh: :smh: Poor positioning on the first goal and def could have done better on the second goal

Some one question Ade for game fixing? Dude easily missed and smiled after like it was no big deal....:smh:

I knew Adebayor was going to miss that kick the moment he started fast stepping. I told my son it was going over the net & miss by a mile. That kick pretty much summed up the way he plays overall. He starts off active at the beginning of games & then tapers off really fast. He's also terrible off the ball. Drifts out too wide most of the time. :smh:

The Dortmund vs RM is very intriguing but Jose & his side are playing so well. CR7 is showing the world how a superstar player is supposed to play in money matches. Me being a Barca fan aside, it's amazing to watch him in games at this level.

Funny the #1 teams from Bundesliga & La Liga face off in 1 semi final while the #2 teams face off in the other semi.

A Clasico final would be crazy but I'd be cool with an all Bundesliga, too. CL is the only time I get to watch those teams.

A Clasico final would be crazy but I'd be cool with an all Bundesliga, too. CL is the only time I get to watch those teams.

Please, Dear God, No.

I want to see something else besides ANOTHER classico.

Agree, but it'd be pretty great to see Mourinho go out at Madrid with a CL Final win against Barca, the club he hates. Would love to see that.

That being said.....Barca has like a 1% chance of getting past Bayern. They're just too good. a Clasico final is not happening.

Can someone tell me why the fine folks at Camp Nou signed Alex Song if he gets no playing time?

They always sign players that end up getting no PT

Dmytro Chygrynskiy, Alexander Hleb, Afellay, Gabi Milito, Toure Yaya, etc.

They sign players because they can, but atleast they're not as bad or notorious for that as other clubs...

Last edited:
Can someone tell me why the fine folks at Camp Nou signed Alex Song if he gets no playing time?

They always sign players that end up getting no PT

Dmytro Chygrynskiy, Alexander Hleb, Afellay, Gabi Milito, Toure Yaya, etc.

They sign players because they can, but atleast they're not as bad or notorious for that as other clubs...

I mean I get the reasoning behind why they signed him (at least I think I do). I'm guessing with Eric Abidal's illness, maybe they felt they needed a LB. Maybe they looked at him to be a defensive/versatile player who could possibly play CB, DM, or CM (maybe?). Or maybe they wanted Cesc to have one of his buddies from Arsenal... :D

Anyway, just don't understand adding him last summer. I do think about what could've been had they signed Thiago Silva though... That would've been nice... :smokin Oh well...

Rooting for Benfica and Barca...hoping Bayern pulls another choke job :lol:

Song gets some playing time, but yea, Barca seems to love signing defensive midfielders and then playing them as CBs :x

I wanted Thiago Silva to be on Barca so badly...Puyol is getting old, and Pique is TRASH. Seriously, dude is not only slow, but he's 6'4 and lets 5'10 dudes jump a foot over him to score headers every other match. 0 physical presence. He hasn't been good since halfway through the 2010-2011 CL run

And I'm still not a fan of using Alves and Alba at the same time. Both are great as attacking backs, but they're too far up the pitch whenever there's a counter from the other team. I always see them having to scramble back to save our 1.5 CBs from getting abused on every counter. Abidal and Alves together was the perfect balance :smokin

Last edited:
Speaking of which..

Chelsea love triangle (part II): After Terry and Bridge, Courtois has alleged affair with girlfriend of his team-mate De Bruyne

Chelsea rocked by allegations of second affair involving Belgium team-mates
De Bruyne and Courtois are both out on loan this season
Revelations evoke embarrassing memories of John Terry and Wayne Bridge
De Bruyne apparently left 'devastated' by the affair
But the pair are said to have made up and now even 'joke about it'

Chelsea have been caught up in ANOTHER love scandal after it was reported that the partner of Kevin De Bruyne became embroiled in an affair with team-mate Thibaut Courtois.

In scenes reminiscent of the scandal surrounding John Terry and Wayne Bridge, Caroline Lijnen allegedly started a relationship with Courtois behind De Bruyne’s back, according to a Belgian gossip magazine story.

Both players are on loan this season. De Bruyne, 22, is set to leave Chelsea this summer after an impressing Werder Bremen. Courtois, 20, on loan at Atletico Madrid, is seen as the long-term successor to Petr Cech.

It is reported that Courtois and De Bruyne’s 20-year-old girlfriend exchanged explicit pictures on Facebook.

The magazine reports that Caroline Lijnen became frustrated at life with De Bruyne in Bremen and moved to Madrid where she enjoyed a liaison with Courtois.

De Bruyne was said to be ‘devastated’ upon hearing the news.

A source in the magazine said: 'In the Madrid house she cheated on Kevin. He didn't know anything, but when he discovered about it, he went crazy. It was a huge shock for him.’

The Belgium team-mates are said to have since rekindled their friendship after holding clear-the-air talks before their country’s clash against Macedonia.

And a spokesperson from the Belgium FA claimed they now laugh about it. Press officer Stefan Van Loock told Story, this afternoon: 'We don't deny that there have been private problems between Thibaut Courtois and Kevin De Bruyne.

'But I've talked to both of them and they both confirm this case is closed for them. They have finished the quarrel. The guys talk again to each other and they even make jokes again.

'It's true the national manager has talked to both of them about the case. But it never has had any impact on the Belgian national team. .'It's a shame this case has gone public.'

Belgium boss Marc Wilmots is reported to have acted as peacemaker after visiting both players and reading them the riot act before the match against Macedonia on March 26.
I get the feeling that, as a new player, walking into the Chels changing room for the first time you get greeted by Lamps, Terry, Cole and Cech and they say "Now that you're here you listen to us, not the manager.... oh and.... we all share wives...."

This is exactly the mentality I was afraid of from BM... :lol:

I guess I'll hope for them to choke like they did last year. :D (although I seriously can't see that happening).

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/ch...in-barcelona?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_7

Rummenigge: Bayern out to avenge their 'Waterloo in Barcelona'
By Mark Doyle
Apr 12, 2013 12:14:00 PM

The Bavarians were beaten 5-1 on aggregate by the Blaugrana in the quarter-finals four years ago and the legendary striker is gunning for revenge
Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge believes his side's pairing with Barcelona in the semi-finals of the Champions League has presented them with the perfect opportunity to avenge their 'Waterloo' in Catalunya four years ago.

The Blaugrana cruised to a 5-1 aggregate win over the Germans when they met in the quarter-finals of the 2008-09 tournament.

Rummenigge has particularly painful memories of the first leg capitulation at Camp Nou, with Bayern going down 4-0 on the night, but he believes that there is now nothing to choose between the two clubs.

"I look forward to these games," the he told reporters after Friday's draw in Nyon.

"We meet the team who have been the most successful in recent years. It will be extremely tough and very tense.

"But Now our team have to show whether they can take on Barcelona. I do remember the last matches [in 2009]; we had our 'Waterloo' in Barcelona.

"Now is the chance to show, that Bayern have improved since 2009 and that we are level with the best team.

"It will also be an interesting comparison of the Bundesliga and the Primera Division. There is no real favourite in this tie."

Meanwhile, Bayern midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, who played a key role in the quarter-final success over Juventus, was philosophical about his side being drawn against a side bidding for their third European title in five seasons.

"This is the Champions League semi-finals," he wrote on his Facebook page. "There are no weak opponents. Both matches against Barca will be absolute highlights."

Bayern will host Barcelona in the first leg travelling to Camp Nou for the second leg a week later.

I was talking to someone at work about Barca not really using Alex Song & he told me Song is one of 28 children!!!!! :x I didn't believe him so I looked it up on "the internets" & confirmed it. Holy ****!!!! :x I'm not even sure how that's medically possible.

More Messi and Ronaldo talk, god damn.

It's basically Messi and Ronaldo then the rest, at least Beckham got that right. It's ridiculous to compare the two sometimes because they're so different, even tho they score a ridiculous amounts of goals. Messi is more finess and elegant, Ronaldo is brute power and speed. Messi has better vision but Ronaldo's not to shabby with passing, he's become much better. But Ronaldo is a huge danger in the air. Pick your poison, these dudes are incredible.

Enjoy them, because we may not see two superstars who year after year are shattering records. We've never seen anything like it.

I remember watching a video where Zidane said choosing the best player in the world was so much harder in his time for the players and most of them were teammates and now its only down to 2 on rival squads. totally agree

And another thing mentioned in this thread by one of your guys was saying that Barca and Madrid are the only teams in the world where players get sign to just be on the bench and know it. straight truth

Even though I'm a Barca fan, I still love watching Ronaldo play (or any great player for that matter). I actually feel lucky to be able to see these guys play just like I felt lucky to see Michael Jordan at UNC until he retired. It's not often you get to see greatness so you should relish it while it lasts.

When I said enjoy Messi and Ronaldo while you can, please do. They're two once in a generation type of of players. As soccer fans, it's a blessing to have these two, especially at the same time.

Might be decades until we see something like this again.

It's like being blessed enough to watch Jordan and Lebron, but at the same time. Just imagine that. :smokin

Last edited:
And another thing mentioned in this thread by one of your guys was saying that Barca and Madrid are the only teams in the world where players get sign to just be on the bench and know it. straight truth
Idea for new signing....

No disrespect to PF at all. He could EASILY captain a lower team, just feel like his talents are being wasted on the bench. He is the TRUEST professional, sitting and waiting out his contract and putting in his vast experience when needed. It's just, if hes gonna be paid to be on the bench, mine as well be paid Barca or RM kind of money!

Back
Top Bottom