The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

He's dead to me. I'm so pissed off I cant type out any thoughts on this deal right now....**** you RVP.

He makes Nasri look like a saint.

I understand but c'mon now be rational, this is good for the club in the long run...rvp will be booed and all but he was gonna walk next season anyways, you always sell high and he hit his peak, there's a 2% chance he repeats anything close to that performance last season...getting 24mill is great for someone his age and in the last year of his deal, he would've been available for free next yr. I would've preferred he went to Juve and out of the premier league but it is what it is...he's so injury prone too. Arsene does smart business, unlike 90% of the big clubs in Europe

@bbcsport_david BREAKING: Man Utd agree £24m deal to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal. 4-yr deal, terms & medical in next 48 hours #bbcfootball #afc #mufc

It's on Arsenal.com too

Honestly that's the smart business move...rvp is never gonna have that year again and he's only gonna decline in value. Other arsenal fans are gonna be pissed but you have to sell when someone offers you a great price for a player with 1yr left and is about to hit 30 and is injury prone...the club will be better for it in the long run, just sucks it had to be united but oh well. Chicarito and welbeck are gonna be riding the pine until rvp gets hurt again but best of luck to him he was a monster last year

Oh and Bayern got Javi Martinez from Bilbao for 40mill :wow:, that's a nice pick up for them but Bilbao got PAID

The Bayern deal is heavily overly looked :lol:

Apparently Chicarito wants out...well that's the word on Twitter. They are also saying that it's more likely that Song is heading out

It is smart and I agree with it, something that I've posted before....better to sell him now than later. We got good money out of it. But the way RvP handled it was just grimey.

AW has told press that Giroud and Podolski are already his replacements. I guess he might finally use Park now :lol: or Chamakh stays...
But who knows, during this time a year you have to take things with a grain of salt until they actually happen or the window closes.
Llorente would be a nice addition.

Last edited:
@bbcsport_david BREAKING: Man Utd agree £24m deal to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal. 4-yr deal, terms & medical in next 48 hours #bbcfootball #afc #mufc

It's on Arsenal.com too

Honestly that's the smart business move...rvp is never gonna have that year again and he's only gonna decline in value. Other arsenal fans are gonna be pissed but you have to sell when someone offers you a great price for a player with 1yr left and is about to hit 30 and is injury prone...the club will be better for it in the long run, just sucks it had to be united but oh well. Chicarito and welbeck are gonna be riding the pine until rvp gets hurt again but best of luck to him he was a monster last year

Oh and Bayern got Javi Martinez from Bilbao for 40mill :wow:, that's a nice pick up for them but Bilbao got PAID

The Bayern deal is heavily overly looked :lol:

Apparently Chicarito wants out...well that's the word on Twitter. They are also saying that it's more likely that Song is heading out

It is smart and I agree with it, something that I've posted before....better to sell him now than later. We got good money out of it. But the way RvP handled it was just grimey.

AW has told press that Giroud and Podolski are already his replacements. I guess he might finally use Park now :lol: or Chamakh stays...
But who knows, during this time a year you have to take things with a grain of salt until they actually happen or the window closes.
Llorente would be a nice addition.

Yup, RvP did play it a lil dirty and I have no problem with being mad at him, I am too...but Arsenal made the right decision....and you're right Llorente is nice, he would be a good get since he wants out of Spain....I have a pipedream that they swoop in and steal Dempsey from Liverpool with the money....Deuce has that edge Arsenal has been lacking

24 million for a striker who wanted out, had only 1 year remaining on his contract and is notoriously injury prone is fantastic business. I would have preferred if he went to Juventus but that deal was dead once the Juve coach got suspended for match fixing. No one player is bigger than the club and the way Van Persie handled this whole situation was definitely stupid on his part.

arsene needs to go

Q: Who sets the strict wage structure that doesnt reflect the current market while overpaying for crap (ie Chamakh, Denilson, Bendtner etc at or above 50k per week) and under paying our top players (ie Robin at somewhere around 85K but for sure less than 100K)?

A:The Board

Q:Who chooses to even listen to an offer from a direct and historical rival?
A: The Board

Q:Chooses to not invest when we have been 2-3 top quaility additions away from a serious title challenging team (thus the Cesc's Nasri's and RVPs wouldnt need to jump ship in the hunt for trophies) summer after summer?

A: The Board

Wenger has worked wonders under the board we have and I know he didnt want to loose Cesc, didnt want to sell Nasri and would have NEVER wanted to sell RVP to United.

Arsene on 7/12/11
"Imagine the worst situation - we lose Fabregas and Nasri - you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that," he said.

"I believe for us it is important the message we give out. For example, you talk about Fabregas leaving, Nasri leaving.

"If you give that message out, you cannot pretend you are a big club, because a big club first of all holds onto its big players and gives a message out to all the other big clubs that they just cannot come in and take away from you.

"We worked very hard with these players for years to develop them, and now it's a time for us to keep them together."

This isnt Wenger's doing

I'm seeing a lot of reports that it's 15 plus incentives that can reach 24 if hit. I'm sorry, but that's good business to me if I'm United.

The best part about this is the complete 180 that the Arsenal supporters are taking on RvP, not only about his character, but as a footballer. The sheer lunacy of all of it is hilarious, but not really unexpected. High entertainment value for this circus, though. April 27 is going to be a comedy show (cue the "if he's not on the injury table" joke from the **** support).

If Arsenal can finish above Man Utd the irony will be beautiful.

• Olympiacos striker Kevin Mirallas has revealed that Arsenal have made contact with his agent over a move.
  • Arsenal could swap Nicklas Bendtner for AC Milan defender Philippe Mexes, according to reports in Italy.

Last edited:
Dempsey said he wants to play CL.
You think he can start for :
Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Chelsea
He can't have his cake and eat it too
**** outta here
And you want him to reunite with Shinji at Utd?

Yes, he wants to play in the CL. But if you look at his work (and success) rate last season, he should be a starter. The dude out-performed almost everyone in his position across the league with WAY less quality supporting cast.

Also re-uniting Shinji with Lewandowski could work well IF a strong manager like SAF (who knows how to get into players heads) were around. He would get Lewandowski to share the ball more.

ESPN is having a daily show, I believe an hour long dedicated to just footy. I believe it starts next week. It's a step.
Ligue 1 is getting more exposure.
Bein Sports is launching this weekend, check it see if your cable provider has the channel.
Is M'Baye Niang still rumored to be heading to Italy?

I hope that show does the world justice, not just be a 1 hr commercial for the premier league. Who will host it?
Niang should be coming over, but knowing the way Milan like to do things it should happen during the final minutes of the transfer window to get the best deal.

Isn't the show around midnight? It's a start, better than nothing I guess. I'll be tuning in.

I'm not impressed about this move for RVP. I mean seriously, I'll be watching every tackle on RVP while holding my breathe.

Such a gamble.

I get it, we lost on goal difference last season. But Evra was looking like an old man past his prime last season, and still no replacement? We have old Paul Scholes in there (who's class), when players like Lassana Diarra are sitting on the bench?

I would have been happier with a solid CDM and a good left back.

I get Berba didn't fit in. But Welbeck was growing, and Chicharito was still off, but could regain his form. So what now? Chicha starts FA & Carling Cup games?

^ Dempsey is not near good enough to be a regular starter on any team with title aspirations. No way. No how.

As for Lewandowski at United, where exactly is he going to be playing? Unless Sir Red Nose is going to be playing a 4-0-6 these talks are pretty silly.

Uhh...did anyone see what just happened on this new espn show espn FCC press pass? LMAO

^ Dempsey is not near good enough to be a regular starter on any team with title aspirations. No way. No how.
As for Lewandowski at United, where exactly is he going to be playing? Unless Sir Red Nose is going to be playing a 4-0-6 these talks are pretty silly.

:stoneface: Lewandowski would be playing where RVP will be playing, had he not signed.

eiddy ~ Yep, my thoughts exactly. I don't really know what to expect.  No guarantees he can repeat his performance from last year, plus the big if on his health.  He's a great addition to any team, but they seemed to have focused too much on this deal and haven't really been addressing the others. 

I dunno.

And didn't you just say that RvP's signing was excessive and not a position of need?
:rofl:

Read what I said about another striker. I said he was supposed to come for the '13 season (next season, since apparently he won't be leaving Dortmund).

Yeah, at this point, all Lewa has done was announce that he's keen to be in the prem, but that can mean a lot of different things. Besides, if I'm correct, they're trying to bring him NEXT summer. SAF just wants to get the deal done now, but the transfer is not for this window. So it's very well possible.
I think various managers would be able to convince a deal for Sahin down to maybe 15m final signing price.
But let's see what happens...

So for now, Rooney, and Welbeck will do.

Song & RVP totally messes with my fantasy team smh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom