The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Jada you forgot Sahin. And I hope we dont sell Song, especially to Barca.

Sahin is good...but I would rather M'VIla, way stronger.

Llorente could be copped for basically nothing seeing he's in his final year, I think a 10 mill quid offer could get him.

:frown:
pouring_40.jpg

Llorente could be copped for basically nothing seeing he's in his final year, I think a 10 mill quid offer could get him.
Why not both? 8) Oh, right, the board doesnt allow Arsene to splash cash like that. As it stands, with how the team is set up now, I'd rather Nuri, especially if Theo's gonna be leaving soon as it's been theorized. If Song leaves, I'd rather see M'Vila. Either way, I'd be happy with both/either regardless.

Llorente would be a good addition :smokin

ESPN is having a daily show, I believe an hour long dedicated to just footy. I believe it starts next week. It's a step.
Ligue 1 is getting more exposure.
Bein Sports is launching this weekend, check it see if your cable provider has the channel.
Is M'Baye Niang still rumored to be heading to Italy?

I hope that show does the world justice, not just be a 1 hr commercial for the premier league. Who will host it?
Niang should be coming over, but knowing the way Milan like to do things it should happen during the final minutes of the transfer window to get the best deal.

Isn't the show around midnight? It's a start, better than nothing I guess. I'll be tuning in.

Do you know when it starts and what it's called. I can't seem to find the article on it

Read what I said about another striker. I said he was supposed to come for the '13 season (next season, since apparently he won't be leaving Dortmund).
So for now, Rooney, and Welbeck will do.

Even if you're talking about next season you still have Angelo Henriquez, Macheda, Berbatov, Welbeck, Rooney, Chicharito, and Will Keane on the books. Even if we are assuming Berba and Macheda are out, I still don't see how there are enough games to go around.

Dempsey is a good player, next couple of seasons he will be in his prime..American players tend to hit their primes later.
and as someone has mentioned, Dempseys teammates are just crappy, except dembele and riise. Bryan Ruiz was a big disappointment for me this season, the move the premier was just too tough for him..davies smh..

Dempsey had top 5 numbers last season while playing midfield.

Why not both? 8) Oh, right, the board doesnt allow Arsene to splash cash like that. As it stands, with how the team is set up now, I'd rather Nuri, especially if Theo's gonna be leaving soon as it's been theorized. If Song leaves, I'd rather see M'Vila. Either way, I'd be happy with both/either regardless.

Llorente would be a good addition :smokin

M'Vila doesn't offer the offensive contributions that Song and Sahin do as of now, but at the same time I think AW could change that.

If Song leaves, M'Vila should be the one to replace him.

Every Arsenal fan right now :rofl:

I really like Everton chances this year of finishing in the top 4, anyone know the odds thinking of putting some money down.

Can't wait for Saturday to come

I actually agree with Bird's sentiment that Dempsey wouldn't crack the starting XI regularly for a top-choice, elite club. Maybe Liverpool in its current state, but certainly not a City, Chelsea, or United.

Isn't Llorente still considering Juve along with Arsenal? Bilbao is being cleaned out, but Muniain is the most precious star and will be the best talent/product in comparison to Martinez and Llorente.

The RVP power-move by Fergie has to lift United to the forefront as favorites of the league. Kagawa and Cleverley should both have great campaigns. Jones, Smalling, and De Gea will continue to grow solidly. City in #2 if there were power rankings for football. Chelsea my #3.

Could see Podolski scoring a bundle of goals for Gunners. Arsenal's board better hope so. Ian Wright's words still linger about Gunners becoming a "selling club." A moniker no major club truly wants.

Yeah man take that down or edit it if you can. I got put in timeout back on the old site for a .gif with the f word in it :smh:

That gif is lulz though.

Last edited:
:lol:
Chill
Man City is still the favourite.
Relax.
So back that statement up with concrete evidence. You'd be wise to wait until the Agger and/or Sinclair signings come to actual fruition. Rodwell has a bright future but he's no DDR in all honesty. Compare that to Kagawa and RVP. I wouldn't be surprised if United, City, or Chelsea win the league, but Man City is not a clear favorite at this point. Ideally their board should have done better to clear the wage bill of Ade, Dezeko, Tevez, Kolarov, De Jong, etc. But the problem is no club has the finances to take on exorbitant weekly wages due to City's non-existent wage structure.

I actually agree with Bird's sentiment that Dempsey wouldn't crack the starting XI regularly for a top-choice, elite club. Maybe Liverpool in its current state, but certainly not a City, Chelsea, or United.

Isn't Llorente still considering Juve along with Arsenal? Bilbao is being cleaned out, but Muniain is the most precious star and will be the best talent/product in comparison to Martinez and Llorente.

The RVP power-move by Fergie has to lift United to the forefront as favorites of the league. Kagawa and Cleverley should both have great campaigns. Jones, Smalling, and De Gea will continue to grow solidly. City in #2 if there were power rankings for football. Chelsea my #3.

Could see Podolski scoring a bundle of goals for Gunners. Arsenal's board better hope so. Ian Wright's words still linger about Gunners becoming a "selling club." A moniker no major club truly wants.

But what proof do you have to support Dempsey not being good enough for a upper level EPL team? If friggin Yossi Benayoun can play for them, surely Deuce can too...If he were on a Chelsea/Arsenal/L'pool he would have had over 20 goals last yr from the midfield, he is Fulham's main threat....teams had to key on him and he still produced, and when I see Dembele linked to Real Madrid I scratch my head because Clint is a much better player than he is

When FFP comes in Arsenal is gonna be the team getting the last laugh, all the other big clubs are essentially bankrupt and in drowning in debt and RvP wasn't resigning with em so better to get 24mill for a guy who would've left for nothing,plus I still think City are favorites, adding RvP has huge risk he's a declining asset with a tremendous injury risk in a position United really weren't that pressed for....they need to improve their midfield and defensive strength

Last edited:
I am disappointed that RvP betrayed Arsenal and Arsene as we stuck by him for so many years when he was injured.

But to sell him for 24 mill quid with his injury history and being 29, almost 30...that right there is good *** business.

We can get M'Vila AND Llorente for that money, maybe even have some left over.

But what proof do you have to support Dempsey not being good enough for a upper level EPL team? If friggin Yossi Benayoun can play for them, surely Deuce can too...If he were on a Chelsea/Arsenal/L'pool he would have had over 20 goals last yr from the midfield, he is Fulham's main threat....teams had to key on him and he still produced, and when I see Dembele linked to Real Madrid I scratch my head because Clint is a much better player than he is
When FFP comes in Arsenal is gonna be the team getting the last laugh, all the other big clubs are essentially bankrupt and in drowning in debt and RvP wasn't resigning with em so better to get 24mill for a guy who would've left for nothing,plus I still think City are favorites, adding RvP has huge risk he's a declining asset with a tremendous injury risk in a position United really weren't that pressed for....they need to improve their defensive strength
The entire Dempsey debate is based on speculation. You and others have no concrete proof that Deuce would crack the starting XI regularly at a top-tier, elite club. I said Dempsey has a better chance to start at LFC based on their current run in-form. I didn't mention Arsenal initially for a reason. If you read carefully, I selectively listed United, City, and Chelsea.

Dembele's hype is based on potential and versatility. His ceiling is higher than Dempsey's. Will he fulfill all that talent? Who knows, that's why clubs take calculated risks. I mean which club wouldn't want a young, bright talent that can literally play every attacking position. CM/CAM, CF, winger. Dembele will definitely figure on the national scene as Belgium continues rising to prominence with Hazard, Lukaku, Kompany, Vermaelen, Courtois, Vertonghen, Witsel, Fellaini, and De Bruyne.

Only point of yours I don't disagree with is Arsenal's shrewdness and willingness to commit to a wage structure without budging from supporter pressure. Ox and Ryo are both future stars, we all know Arsene Wenger can develop the best young talent. Keen eye for potential.

Okay, let's say RVP does go down with a knock. Welbeck and Rooney play extremely well off each other and Chicharito was an extremely adept poacher his first campaign at OT.

For those discussing M'Vila: His attitude is apparently warding off potential suitors. Rumor is one major English club has not wavered and submitted a strong bid to Rennes.

Sahin: I'm on record stating Madrid better keep him long-term. A loan spell is fine to help the Turkish international regain form. What he showed as a creative cog in 2010-2011 for Borussia Dortmund's successful domestic campaign is enough to warrant my patience.

Back
Top Bottom