The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Also, in the present tense. Seeing where Dempsey fits.

City: Kun, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli, Nasri, Milner, Johnson, Silva, Toure.

United: Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Chicharito, Kagawa, Cleverley, Young, Nani, Valencia.

Chelsea: Torres, Sturridge, Malouda, Hazard, Marin, Ramires, Lampard, Meireles.

Who does Deuce really take a spot from consistently?

Argentina game was dope! Up next is USA vs Mexico. Smh at Bradley,Dempsey, and bocanegra not playing

But what proof do you have to support Dempsey not being good enough for a upper level EPL team? If friggin Yossi Benayoun can play for them, surely Deuce can too...If he were on a Chelsea/Arsenal/L'pool he would have had over 20 goals last yr from the midfield, he is Fulham's main threat....teams had to key on him and he still produced, and when I see Dembele linked to Real Madrid I scratch my head because Clint is a much better player than he is
When FFP comes in Arsenal is gonna be the team getting the last laugh, all the other big clubs are essentially bankrupt and in drowning in debt and RvP wasn't resigning with em so better to get 24mill for a guy who would've left for nothing,plus I still think City are favorites, adding RvP has huge risk he's a declining asset with a tremendous injury risk in a position United really weren't that pressed for....they need to improve their defensive strength
The entire Dempsey debate is based on speculation. You and others have no concrete proof that Deuce would crack the starting XI regularly at a top-tier, elite club. I said Dempsey has a better chance to start at LFC based on their current run in-form. I didn't mention Arsenal initially for a reason. If you read carefully, I selectively listed United, City, and Chelsea.

Dembele's hype is based on potential and versatility. His ceiling is higher than Dempsey's. Will he fulfill all that talent? Who knows, that's why clubs take calculated risks. I mean which club wouldn't want a young, bright talent that can literally play every attacking position. CM/CAM, CF, winger. Dembele will definitely figure on the national scene as Belgium continues rising to prominence with Hazard, Lukaku, Kompany, Vermaelen, Courtois, Vertonghen, Witsel, Fellaini, and De Bruyne.

Only point of yours I don't disagree with is Arsenal's shrewdness and willingness to commit to a wage structure without budging from supporter pressure. Ox and Ryo are both future stars, we all know Arsene Wenger can develop the best young talent. Keen eye for potential.

Okay, let's say RVP does go down with a knock. Welbeck and Rooney play extremely well off each other and Chicharito was an extremely adept poacher his first campaign at OT.

For those discussing M'Vila: His attitude is apparently warding off potential suitors. Rumor is one major English club has not wavered and submitted a strong bid to Rennes.

Sahin: I'm on record stating Madrid better keep him long-term. A loan spell is fine to help the Turkish international regain form. What he showed as a creative cog in 2010-2011 for Borussia Dortmund's successful domestic campaign is enough to warrant my patience.

I agree that I'm speculating, but that' what you have to do when there's no evidence to the contrary, he's exhausted everything he can do at Fulham...he also has less tread than a van Persie at the same age. I could see if he has had experience at a big club and failed but all he does is become the player of the year annually at Fulham, I'm just saying you don't know until he gets the chance. He didn't become a pro till like 21-22 and didn't go to Fulham till he was like 25-26, and I know you listed City, United and Chelsea but Clint doesn't fit with ManU or City at all, they wouldn't be interested plus City buys whoever they want and just stash players on the bench who are great and the whole structure there is unstable, they'd be a waste for Clint to go to and Arsenal IS a top tier club in England regardless that they haven't gotten a trophy in a while, they regularly appear in the CL which is what he wants....and this is a auxillary point but the money from the US that a big club would see in jerseys, and merchandise signing a star American player is worth a bit in its own right.

And Dembele is a pretty selfish player who hasn't done 1/4th of what Dempsey has...I watched a lot of Fulham games this past yr and he's talented no doubt, but his decision making is very limited and he tries to do way too much on the field, his production is very disappointing as well. Clint can and has played the same positions at Fulham too, CF, AM, and the more withdrawn striker/midfielder role...when Clint was Dembele's age he was coming from a behind the curve small college program and MLS in its infancy, not the Eredivisie and Belgian pro leagues for 5 years, and he STILL had better production than Dembele has shown at the same stage of their careers.

I agree ManU has the depth but who's to say Welbeck or Chich don't put in a request to leave so they can get some burn other than substitutions....the Kagawa signing is gonna be better than Rvp I believe, he's not gonna repeat last year and you don't know if Rooney and him can coexist together

ESPN is having a daily show, I believe an hour long dedicated to just footy. I believe it starts next week. It's a step.
Ligue 1 is getting more exposure.
Bein Sports is launching this weekend, check it see if your cable provider has the channel.
Is M'Baye Niang still rumored to be heading to Italy?

I hope that show does the world justice, not just be a 1 hr commercial for the premier league. Who will host it?
Niang should be coming over, but knowing the way Milan like to do things it should happen during the final minutes of the transfer window to get the best deal.

Isn't the show around midnight? It's a start, better than nothing I guess. I'll be tuning in.

Do you know when it starts and what it's called. I can't seem to find the article on it

Just found an article about it. It's called ESPNFC Press Pass on ESPNEWS 2am ET. Every weekday starting tonight.

Link

Also, in the present tense. Seeing where Dempsey fits.

City: Kun, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli, Nasri, Milner, Johnson, Silva, Toure.

United: Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Chicharito, Kagawa, Cleverley, Young, Nani, Valencia.

Chelsea: Torres, Sturridge, Malouda, Hazard, Marin, Ramires, Lampard, Meireles.

Who does Deuce really take a spot from consistently?

It's too late now for Dempsey to get in at those teams, that's why I mentioned Arsenal....but Dzeko is languishing at City and Milner is average on a great day

Hazard, Marin were just brought in this summer as well, and Meirleles doesn't play the same role as Dempsey

but Chelsea specifically, prior to their other signings, could have gone after Dempsey and the EPL isn't the only league with CL teams, so its not like he's limited to that.

I'm just saying he's had to prove every time Fulham got a new manager that he should start, and he has done that...he wants the challenge of CL football and I think he's earned the right to at least compete for a spot, you're kind of acting like he doesn't even belong in the same world as the players at those clubs.

Legoooo. :pimp:

Damn, Those Where's Waldo Jerseys look hideous. :x :stoneface: :x

The older jerseys looked better.

:lol:
Chill
Man City is still the favourite.
Relax.
So back that statement up with concrete evidence. You'd be wise to wait until the Agger and/or Sinclair signings come to actual fruition. Rodwell has a bright future but he's no DDR in all honesty. Compare that to Kagawa and RVP. I wouldn't be surprised if United, City, or Chelsea win the league, but Man City is not a clear favorite at this point. Ideally their board should have done better to clear the wage bill of Ade, Dezeko, Tevez, Kolarov, De Jong, etc. But the problem is no club has the finances to take on exorbitant weekly wages due to City's non-existent wage structure.

You are going off the assumption that just because Man City won by goal difference on the last day that both teams are equal, this is false.

Man City played nowhere near their potential while IMO Man Utd played beyond theirs.

This year, with experience from last year, as well as some of their top players having great showings at euro (Mario, Silva etc) they will likely be more cohesive and even more beastly. They made little moves this offseason and any additions will be coming off the bench most likely. Not to mention Tevez was mostly non existent last year.

You are also assuming RVP is gonna have the same season last year, and we both know that's not going to happen, and how he fits into the lineup and operates with Shinji and Rooney has yet to be seen.

Outside of maybe Rooney and RVP, lineup for lineup Man City > Man Utd

I will also argue Dempsey does not crack Arsenal for a spot on the starting xi

come at me bro

Last edited:
Mexico is having a lot of possession but it's not leading to anything at all with very few chances

the times we live in are nigh my friends... I don't know what to believe in anymore

Not a very entertaining game so far. Mexico is playing better but their finishing has not been sharp

Looks like it'll be a W for the US team, Not even mad, Mexico had many chances and didn't take advantage of them.

Props to the US for the W.
Anyone else listen to how all the commentators except for Taylor Twellman said there was a gap between Mexican and US soccer. Taylor pointed out, on paper when you look at what the Mexican youth teams has accomplished and the senior team too, often finishing ahead of the US...the gap is pretty apparent.
Lalas tried to make the argument that the US can only win at home and not away in Mexico due to home field advantage, and vice-versa....that there is no gap. Im pretty sure at the end of the game he was talking about bridging the gap.....he is such a tool :smh:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Boyd progresses.
Hopefully Shea can do a turn around and pull his head out of his ***.

Always a classy bunch.

U.S. defended very very well in the first half. The entire team faded in the second half but they did enough.

I think Klinsman deserves a lot of credit after the criticism he received leading up to the friendly. He put the team in the best position to come out of Azteca with a result and the players stepped up and did the rest.

It's crazy how clear it's been made this summer that the U.S. midfield is incomplete without Michael Bradley. On the field he and Tim Howard are the spine of our team, Clint and Landon's omission from that statement is %100 intentional.

RT @GrantWahl: Small US fan section being evacuated by police as Mexican fans rain projectiles on them in the upper deck.

Always a classy bunch.

U.S. defended very very well in the first half. The entire team faded in the second half but they did enough.

I think Klinsman deserves a lot of credit after the criticism he received leading up to the friendly. He put the team in the best position to come out of Azteca with a result and the players stepped up and did the rest.

It's crazy how clear it's been made this summer that the U.S. midfield is incomplete without Michael Bradley. On the field he and Tim Howard are the spine of our team, Clint and Landon's omission from that statement is %100 intentional.

Props to the US for the W.
Anyone else listen to how all the commentators except for Taylor Twellman said there was a gap between Mexican and US soccer. Taylor pointed out, on paper when you look at what the Mexican youth teams has accomplished and the senior team too, often finishing ahead of the US...the gap is pretty apparent.
Lalas tried to make the argument that the US can only win at home and not away in Mexico due to home field advantage, and vice-versa....that there is no gap. Im pretty sure at the end of the game he was talking about bridging the gap.....he is such a tool :smh:
I'm looking forward to seeing how Boyd progresses.
Hopefully Shea can do a turn around and pull his head out of his ***.

Lalas is a @#$@$@ clown. His commentary adds 0 value to any discussion; all he does is argue against common sense and facts with that condescending tone of his.

I'm glad we got the W, but the way we played today is classic USA. Play like complete @#$@ for the entire match and score on a counter :lol: stating the obvious here, but Howard is the reason we won.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom