The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Messi. 
eek.gif

Iniesta's backheel pass. 
sick.gif

Just :x

Overall, good make. Tello really showed up the first half. Sanchez had his moments too

just saw this story from earlier in the days about 8 premier league players coming out to the head of the PFA but are keeping in private cause of fans

Last edited:
Manchester United have scored in their last 66 home matches. Dates back to 2009. We end that today with the clean sheet. Wonderful.

First game in 66 home matches Man U has been shut out

not as satisfying as winning at Stamford Bridge last October...United's first league win there since April 2002...

*waits for someone to point out that Chelsea played with 9 men for more than 20mins*

Depending if anything happens to Ronaldo, I can't see Bale leaving England. I think he ends up at Man U more than anything. If memory serves me correctly, he's gone to several Man U matches this year including the Champions League game. I think he was also seen with someone on their coaching staff too (going into a pub or something). Personally, I'd like to see him stay with Tottenham to try & build something there.

There was no one more electrifying this year in the Prem than Bale. Sure there were guys that had great seasons but no one generated the excitement Bale created whenever he stepped onto the pitch. Even my 9 year old was excited to watch any televised games. He even made sure I dvr'd this Wednesday's match against Chelsea so he could see Mata & Bale play.

Liverpool. :smh: Everytime they take a step forward, they take a step back the following week. :smh: @ PSG. They sure know how to collect red & yellow cards if anything. Congrats to Juve though. They were a lot of fun to watch this year. Boy is it hard to find a Pirlo shirt for my son at a decent price (trying not to pay international shipping).

Maaan, Barca had me worried at halftime yesterday when they were down 2-1 to Betis. Thank god for the wizardry of Messi & that back footed pass form Iniesta. That futsal backround was evident on that pass. The more I think about it, the more I'm good with Neymar if he comes but as long as we can get a centre-back. Hope they can wrap up the La Liga title this week.

It's going to be another interesting Summer transfer season...

Just saw these on ESPN FC.

Lewandowski @ Chelsea with Mata & Hazard?!?! :smokin. Brazilian defender Douglas (Franco Teixeira) would be interesting...

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/5786?cc=5901

May 05 @ 11:22 PM EDT
Chelsea handed the edge in Lewandowski race

Where will in-demand striker Robert Lewandowski end up at the season's end? If Borussia Dortmund have their way, it will be Stamford Bridge.

The Daily Star reports Dortmund are eager to avoid selling Lewandowski to rivals Bayern Munich - who they will face in the Champions League final later this month - at all costs. Key to the Bundesliga outfit's plan is the on-loan Kevin De Bruyne, who Dortmund hope to use in a part-exchange deal to make the transfer more attractive to Chelsea.

Manchester United are also hot on the heels of the £25 million-rated Poland international, but the De Bruyne factor could again play into Chelsea's hands.

Jose Mourinho - mooted as the Blues' next manager - is also desperate to complete a deal for Lewandowski, who he reportedly rates as one of the top strikers in Europe.

Liverpool have emerged as favourites to sign Brazilian Douglas on a free transfer, despite Newcastle and Inter Milan showing interest. The FC Twente defender is said to be viewed by manager Brendan Rodgers as the ideal replacement for the retiring Jamie Carragher, the Daily Mail claims, while Stefan de Vrij of Feyenoord and Sevilla's Federico Fazio also remain in the frame.

QPR winger Junior Hoilett appears certain to remain in the Premier League next term, though his current team will not. Everton and Stoke are set to battle it out for the 22-year-old this summer, according to the Daily Mail. Hoilett almost moved to West Brom in January in a controversial part-exchange deal involving Peter Odemwingie.

Meanwhile, Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino is aiming to make Valencia's Victor Ruiz his first signing of the summer. The Daily Mail states the cash-strapped La Liga club may be forced to part with the central defender, while Pochettino worked with Ruiz at Espanyol.

He's worth much more than 25 million quid.

He won't end up at Chelsea, if it's in England...it'll probably be to Utd for a swap deal + money involving Rooney.

I would rather have Lewandowski than Bale. Bale is good, but he's had one insane season. Lewandowski has been pretty consistent over the past few seasons. His consistency and growth over the past few seasons is crucial in my eyes. Also, Levy will ensure if Bale is in England, he will be sold for astronomical price.

Obviously both players play diff positions, but I'd rather have Rooney drop into midfield (or leave) and bring in Lewa than spend on massively on Bale.

I know Bale has won player of the year recently (I'm not talking about this season) but I feel like he's being hyped insanely over this past seasons performance.

Last edited:
Ian Wright said something on point yesterday with regards to Rooney, how's he going to get motivated to play for PSG (if that's where he's going) if he can't get motivated playing for Man U? Interesting point if that's indeed the issue with Rooney.

I certainly hope Rooney stays... and I think he's done reasonably well in the MF.  So you'd have Shinji in front of him followed by RVP? 

Then you look at the potential signings... Lew, Bale or (I'm just gonna throw him in there) Ronaldo... Bale or Ron, you'd have him on the wings?  Where would you fit Lew?

I certainly hope Rooney stays... and I think he's done reasonably well in the MF.  So you'd have Shinji in front of him followed by RVP? 

Then you look at the potential signings... Lew, Bale or (I'm just gonna throw him in there) Ronaldo... Bale or Ron, you'd have him on the wings?  Where would you fit Lew?

RVP and Lewa all the way up front, with Kagawa slightly behind in between, and Rooney in the middle.

United needs to work on their midfield and defense before they should consider buying another attacker. I don't see Zaha going back on loan. But I guess if Nani and Young are leaving, Bale would be a good option. Hulk is also looking for a new club :lol: I would imagine that if Bale left, he would go to the Spurs.

As brought up, the point made by Wright is a very good one. If United/SAF can't get you motivated, can P$G? It's hard seeing Rooney at a club that isn't United. Any chance Cheech leaves this summer?

Apparently Coquelin may leave this summer, looking for more first team action. Which is understandable. It's always positive having a homegrown player push through the ranks. But with Arteta and Ramsey playing and being consistent, Wilshere is in front of him and Diaby when he was fit. And we'll most likely sign another MF. A loan would do him good. He has loads of potential. Studying under Arteta is only gonna help, especially since Mikel isn't getting younger.

And these rumors of Cesc leaving Barca....back to Arsenal. Another summer of Cesc Gate :smh:
I wouldn't be mad at all if we should Gervinho to Galatasaray

Last edited:
He's worth much more than 25 million quid.

He won't end up at Chelsea, if it's in England...it'll probably be to Utd for a swap deal + money involving Rooney.

Wrong on both accounts.

He's only got a year left on his deal. So BVB aren't going to get as much as he's actually worth. They can either sell him now at a discount, or let him walk next year for free and get nothing in return.

Also, look at BVB...they are built on homegrown talent that they've developed. They're not buying some aging English striker who is on the downside of his career.

Chelsea has Kevin De Bruyne, who BVB has already made an offer to buy. They're far more likely to sell Lewandowski to Chelsea in exchange for KDB than they are to do a deal with United.

The one snag is that Chelsea already have agreed to terms with Bayer Leverkusen on a deal for Andre Schurrle. But Leverkusen want De Bruyne in return as part of a loan deal. Problem is De Bruyne would rather go to BVB instead of Leverkusen. So basically whatever Chelsea do with Lewandowski and/or Schurrle is going to depend on whatever happens with De Bruyne

^ I read that Cesc & his wife were looking for a place in London because they wanted to raise their daughter there. I loved watching that Arsenal team with Cesc, Van Persie, & Nasri. Sad they let all 3 leave.

Damn, look at that pic.. :smokin

I had high hopes for Cesc's return to the Blaugrana. Although he showed flashes of potential, I think he's largely struggled to fit in. He's only 25 so he's still got some game left. I think he would do wonders for the Gunners, especially for Wilshire.

I have a feeling the folks at Camp Nou will see him off to try & save some dough for other needs but you never know because their transfer strategies have always been a little nonsensical these last 2-3 years or so.

Edit - I just looked up Cesc's stats in the 2 years he's been back at Camp Nou & he's scored 28 goals & has 31 assists in 92 games appeared in... That's actually not bad but when watching a lot of the games he's appeared in, he's often ghost/doesn't make any impact. Would one blame that on him, Tito, or a combo of both?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom