The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Weren't you the same guy who said he just got into European soccer this past year?

That's why I'm confused you saying you remembered that Arsenal/Villa match from 09/10.

On a positive note, I respect PSK passing down the sport of football to his son through playing and watching. Although I'd prefer he join the Madridista ranks instead of FCB.

Hope to do the same with my firstborn son, one day.

Weren't you the same guy who said he just got into European soccer this past year?

That's why I'm confused you saying you remembered that Arsenal/Villa match from 09/10.

No I think you might be confusing me with rck2sactown. I think he's the one watching more footy although I think he watches more MLS than anything else (poor guy :lol:).

On a positive note, I respect PSK passing down the sport of football to his son through playing and watching. Although I'd prefer he join the Madridista ranks instead of FCB.

Hope to do the same with my firstborn son, one day.

Thanks. It's funny, my son (9 years old) will be in his room or by himself & turn on fox soccer or BEIN to see if there any games on before turning to the Cartoon Network. He's starting to develop his own preferences different from my own & has become a Bayern & Juve fan. He really liked watching BVB this year & was excited for Gotze transferring. He wants his shirt next whenever it's available.

He actually went nuts when Iniesta made that back healed pass Sunday & thought that was the coolest thing. I just bought him this thing called the Tekk Trainer that we'd seen on fox soccer during games to help him rebound & practice his juggling & kicking.

I love the travel team he's playing for. A really solid group of coaches. We just had the Ghana national team's coaches come through to help give more technical expertise to the coaching staff & then to the players. That was really exciting for the kids. They had a lot of fun & learned a lot, particularly about the importance of spacial awareness & movement.

Last edited:
^ Is it tough getting European kits in the States nowadays?

For the more popular teams like Barca, Man U no. I've used WorldSoccerShop.com, Soccer.com, SoccerPro.com, & Niky's Sports to get my some shirts. Right now he has a Messi home & away, Iniesta home (he just got), Juan Mata home (just got), Man U third away (no name kit), & Ronaldo third away.

He wanted a Celtic FC & a BVB, but you can only get them in youth sizes from UK sites & I don't wanna pay the high international shipping. The next shirts he wants is the new Liverpool with Coutinho, Bayern Gotze, & Juve Pirlo shirt...

Yo Jada2001Retro,

What player do you think I should get for my son on a Celt's away shirt?

http://celticsuperstore.co.uk/stores/celtic/products/kit_selector.aspx?pid=104322&portal=&cmp=

For the more popular teams like Barca, Man U no. I've used WorldSoccerShop.com, Soccer.com, SoccerPro.com, & Niky's Sports to get my some shirts. Right now he has a Messi home & away, Iniesta home (he just got), Juan Mata home (just got), Man U third away (no name kit), & Ronaldo third away.

He wanted a Celtic FC & a BVB, but you can only get them in youth sizes from UK sites & I don't wanna pay the high international shipping. The next shirts he wants is the new Liverpool with Coutinho, Bayern Gotze, & Juve Pirlo shirt...

Yo Jada2001Retro,

What player do you think I should get for my son on a Celt's away shirt?

http://celticsuperstore.co.uk/stores/celtic/products/kit_selector.aspx?pid=104322&portal=&cmp=
Celtic kits are pretty popular in md there's quite a few stores with them

And get mulgrew he's solid

Last edited:
^ :lol: @ the old man in the beginning (in St. Clemon's church). When he said Manchester had 2 of the world's best futbol teams in the world, I expected him to say Man U & Man City & he said Man U & Man U reserves... Spoken like a true Reds fan...

Last edited:
Kids sizes though? Do you know of any stores in the Baltimore Metro area that would carry kids sizes?
Soccertowne in Towson has them.

They don't. There's a White Marsh location of theirs that is better stocked also (right near the best buy). Neither location has a Celts shirt. Also this time of year they don't have much in the way of kids sizes... Thanks though...

Last edited:
They don't. There's a White Marsh location of theirs that is better stocked also (right near the best buy). Neither location has a Celts shirt. Also this time of year they don't have much in the way of kids sizes... Thanks though...
That sucks, I bought a l/s home kit there for 40$ last time I went I swore I saw a bunch of kids stuff. I don't think they were authentic tho

So it's basically all via the web? None from local shops?

Curious to see what the bricks-&-mortar kit-sales in the US is. 

So it's basically all via the web? None from local shops?

Curious to see what the bricks-&-mortar kit-sales in the US is. 

For me yes,mostly all internet. NTer tkim1343 mentioned a store in our area which is the only one I know of. They have more fakes for youth than anything which is what his Ronaldos are (I forgot he has the away & third away). They're good quality though. All the rest are Nike or Adidas (the Mata).

It's kinda sad. My son wanted a Bale shirt which is made by Under Armour which was founded here in Baltimore, MD. I called their corporate number & asked if they could locate a boys medium. After checking, they didn't have any kids sizes at any retailers here in the states. My only option was an overseas retailers which required high shipping rates. :smh:

Might be different in some other cities like NYC or LA though...

Last edited:
Those vids :frown: I miss those days
PSK, great to see that your son is so involved into soccer and that you're so supportive. I hope to do the same with my children some day. I won't allow them to play any other sports besides soccer :lol: but that's great to hear that coaches from Ghana are coming over and helping out.

BRIAN SCIARETTA - Thursday, May 2, 2013

Former US U-17 Junior Flores has a contract with Borussia Dortmund and he is looking to start his tenure with the club soon.

Sources told YA that Flores will be training at Borussia Dortmund through the Champions League final on May 25. Flores will attend the Finals as Dortmund take on Bayern Munich on May 25 at Wembley Stadium in London.

Flores, 17, will also train with Dortmund for long periods this summer and he is currently seeking approval to join the club full time in September which is six months before his 18th birthday.

Flores was a member of last month's US U-17 team that failed to qualify for the U-17 World Cup. At the beginning of the cycle he was a key member of the team but he gradually fell out of favor with head coach Richie Williams and saw only limited minutes in the ill-fated qualifying campaign.

IMASOLEMAN18, I always forget about Copa90's youtube channel. They have some entertaining stuff. That Scottish dude Tom Deacon is funny & Maya Jama is :smokin

Looks like Pep's start date with Bayern will be June 26th per Goal.com...

The former Barcelona boss takes over from Jupp Heynckes at the end of the season and the exact date when he starts working with the Bavarians has been confirmed
By Miles Chambers
May 7, 2013 6:28:00 PM

Pep Guardiola will take the reins at Bayern Munich for the first time on June 26, the club have revealed.

The coach has been drafted in as a replacement to Jupp Heynckes at the end of the season, with the veteran boss hoping to complete a wonderful campaign as the Bavarians remain on track for an unprecedented treble.

However, his success has had no effect on Bayern chiefs who chose to announce the Spaniard would take over in January when rumours of his impending arrival in the Bundesliga were leaked to the press.

The former Barcelona boss, who won 14 trophies between 2008 and 2012 prior to taking a sabbatical last summer, will meet players at Bayern's Sabener Strasse headquarters towards the end of next month and training will begin from there.

It remains unclear how successful his new side will be - the Bundesliga has been emphatically wrapped up but Bayern have a Champions League final against Borussia Dortmund and a DFB Pokal showdown with Stuttgart to come this month.

Guardiola's first game as Bavarian boss will be on July 13 in a pre-season friendly at Sonnenhof Grossaspach, though their first mouth-watering match is scheduled against Barca in the Uli Hoeness Cup on July 24.

Other high profile friendlies include games against AC Milan, Manchester City and Sao Paulo ahead of the Bundesliga getting back under way on August 9.

Beans: Have fun man!

^ What do you mean? It made you laugh?

I love YouTube. Found a better vid of Cesc's performance during that game, also showing his second goal before exiting the pitch. That performance embodies what wearing a Captain's arm band means...

"For Emergencies only!" I loved that game, it sucked he ended up getting hurt again. That game was the story of the much of tail end of his time at Arsenal....Amazing player who was rushed back time and again to save our butts.

TBH if I knew how to makes Avys (Gift made this when he was taking requests) Cesc's slide/celebration after scoring the PK would have been my avy...I've wanted to change it to that clip for some time....I dont care that he's gone.

Oh but in terms of a true capitan's performance nothing tops this....

(I honestly must watch this video once a month...it brings back so many emotions)

The hard on was ******g instant after reading the (admittedly weak) rumor of him returning last week. I know he's going to stay and fight for a place but I would be over the moon if he somehow returned. He's far too direct for Barca thats why he looks a shell of himself...get him back to Arsenal and he'll be looking like the player we all know he can be again in no time.

Last edited:

No I think you might be confusing me with rck2sactown. I think he's the one watching more footy although I think he watches more MLS than anything else (poor guy
laugh.gif
).
heeeey watch it 
laugh.gif

I wish I could watch more MLS, but since the games are on the weekends I usually miss them. 

European matches are, surprisingly, alot easier to catch. But ya I started watching more soccer this year since I just got fox soccer, but I started getting into soccer around 07ish and Tottenham and Robbie Keane (which is also why I'm into the MLS/Galaxy)

Can't wait to visit White Hart Lane, my parent's lived a few blocks from the stadium and told me Tottenham is basically a smaller, more hokie version, of Sacramento 
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mourning is literally at war with Madrid and the "Royal" Castilano press. Haha. The Spanish have never seen anything like this. He's hitting every nerve he can, can't even imagine what he'll say if he actually leaves.

God I hope he decides to stay.

Back
Top Bottom