The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

What about Carrick? Or do you move Rooney out wide?

Carrick is aging. A 31, he won't be getting as much game time. SAF will probably let him play himself out of the team.

Is really difficult because with the talk of Strootman coming in,which would replace carrick then the only option (if SAF is to play Lewandowski Shinji and RVP at the same time) would be for Strootman or Rooney to move wide, which is not ideal.

Regarding Chica, I've seen a rumor for the swap of Hernandez and Lewandowski plus cash. Take it with salt though.

I don't think Cesc hasn't been given a fair shot at Barca. Most of time he doesn't start. I felt like he came in to take over Xavi's place down the line. Can't succeed if you don't play. I didn't understand the move during the time but it makes sense now to keep him, looking down the line.

Looks like Sessegnon will be on the summer transfer list as Blunderland could be heading out of the prem....

I don't think Cesc hasn't been given a fair shot at Barca. Most of time he doesn't start. I felt like he came in to take over Xavi's place down the line. Can't succeed if you don't play. I didn't understand the move during the time but it makes sense now to keep him, looking down the line.

Cesc was brought in to be Xavi's heir apparent, but he hasn't gotten too much time to play that role except for when Xavi has been out for injury. Cesc has also play foward which is out of position for him but he has played well sometimes in that position.

It honestly looks like he & Iniesta don't mesh well & Cesc has had difficulty creating for others when he does get to play midfield. There's also been some talk about Barca targeting Gundogan from BVB, but I think that's more talk/rumors then anything.

It's a nice thought about getting Hummels & Gundogan but I don't think that's rooted in any reality though (for both)....

:lol: Jose spotted at Ikea Sunday morning buying boxes & tape... The Spanish press is saying he's packing now....

i had this thought about jose and chelsea, if he isnt successful at real madrid what is gonna make him successful at chelsea especially since the EPL is a way more challenging league than la liga as of late

also ian wright needs to shut up, wayne rooney was out for how many months cause of that leg gash? its just not his season luckally goals have been coming from all over the place

i had this thought about jose and chelsea, if he isnt successful at real madrid what is gonna make him successful at chelsea especially since the EPL is a way more challenging league than la liga as of late

Nah, not really.

Probably easier to win the league at Chelsea competing against City/United than it is at Real competing against the Barcelona machine.

Vela with his 13th goal this season, says he's open for a return to the Mexican NT.

if he does return, I hope they don't make special accommodations just for him :smh:

Cesc was brought in to be Xavi's heir apparent, but he hasn't gotten too much time to play that role except for when Xavi has been out for injury. Cesc has also play foward which is out of position for him but he has played well sometimes in that position.

It honestly looks like he & Iniesta don't mesh well & Cesc has had difficulty creating for others when he does get to play midfield. There's also been some talk about Barca targeting Gundogan from BVB, but I think that's more talk/rumors then anything.

It's a nice thought about getting Hummels & Gundogan but I don't think that's rooted in any reality though (for both)....
Right, that's what I'm saying. He shouldn't leave. The Cesc trial period should continue.

^ The only problem with Cesc (as well as with his fellow La Masia graduate Piqué) is that for large periods of time he looks very lackadaisical on the pitch & makes terrible passes often to the opposition. He's never consistently displayed the vision & play making ability he showed with the Gunners. There is no reason for him not to mesh with Iniesta on the other side. No one would like to see him do well more than I. Personally, I hope he can stay & become the player he was with Arsenal for the Blaugrana but it will take more effort from him to regain his top form again (for Piqué also).

^ The only problem with Cesc (as well as with his fellow La Masia graduate Piqué) is that for large periods of time he looks very lackadaisical on the pitch & makes terrible passes often to the opposition. He's never consistently displayed the vision & play making ability he showed with the Gunners. There is no reason for him not to mesh with Iniesta on the other side. No one would like to see him do well more than I. Personally, I hope he can stay & become the player he was with Arsenal for the Blaugrana but it will take more effort from him to regain his top form again (for Piqué also).

Then you have to start starting Cesc, practice can only give you some chemistry, but he needs to start in the XI. Xavis run is coming to an end anyways.

^ I read that Cesc & his wife were looking for a place in London because they wanted to raise their daughter there. I loved watching that Arsenal team with Cesc, Van Persie, & Nasri. Sad they let all 3 leave.

Damn, look at that pic..
smokin.gif

I had high hopes for Cesc's return to the Blaugrana. Although he showed flashes of potential, I think he's largely struggled to fit in. He's only 25 so he's still got some game left. I think he would do wonders for the Gunners, especially for Wilshire.

I have a feeling the folks at Camp Nou will see him off to try & save some dough for other needs but you never know because their transfer strategies have always been a little nonsensical these last 2-3 years or so.

Edit - I just looked up Cesc's stats in the 2 years he's been back at Camp Nou & he's scored 28 goals & has 31 assists in 92 games appeared in... That's actually not bad but when watching a lot of the games he's appeared in, he's often ghost/doesn't make any impact. Would one blame that on him, Tito, or a combo of both?
The game just wasn't accessible in the states when I was growing up so obviously I missed out on a lot but damn, watching that 2010-11 Arsenal team with RVP, Nasri, Cesc, and perhaps most notably, an 18-yearold Jack Wilshere bangin it out in the middle with grown men and seasoned EPL pros is without a doubt my fondest memory of the club. 

The wages of Bale are more realistic than Ronaldo's.

It's not just the transfer fee when it comes to spending on a player.

Ronaldo's wages on a new contract will be stupendously high.

Nike could prolly help offset this with bonuses.. also ronaldo isnt even top 5 highest paid right now.. i think rooney is on higher wages.. so maybe.. just MAYBE he will take the same wages or maybe a little reduced (plus those nike bonuses).. Also can you imagine the jersey sales if he were to return, Im sure United can let him in on some of those profits.

on a side note.. going on a little holiday next week and couldnt miss the oppurtunity to check another stadium off my list.. will update thread when i return.

The game just wasn't accessible in the states when I was growing up so obviously I missed out on a lot but damn, watching that 2010-11 Arsenal team with RVP, Nasri, Cesc, and perhaps most notably, an 18-yearold Jack Wilshere bangin it out in the middle with grown men and seasoned EPL pros is without a doubt my fondest memory of the club. 

Bleacher Report reminded me of this match, Arsenal vs Aston Villa in a 0-0 draw at the time. Cesc was injured but went in at the 57 minute mark & proceeded to score 2 points in 27 minutes before exiting the pitch... :smokin

Also the vid below, his vision & passing ability while at Arsenal was crazy...

Last edited:

Bleacher Report reminded me of this match, Arsenal vs Aston Villa in a 0-0 draw at the time. Cesc was injured but went in at the 57 minute mark & proceeded to score 2 points in 27 minutes before exiting the pitch... :smokin

Also the vid below, his vision & passing ability while at Arsenal was crazy...

this made me :lol:

Last edited:
^ What do you mean? It made you laugh?

I love YouTube. Found a better vid of Cesc's performance during that game, also showing his second goal before exiting the pitch. That performance embodies what wearing a Captain's arm band means...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom