The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

If we loan Lukaku again next season when we have Ba and Torres out there looking foolish i will be pissed. :smh:

Mourinho always said he liked a "Drogba-like" striker. So he may keep him. and get rid of Torres. Bring in another striker as well. The only issue, is that Lukaku clearly wants to play 90m every game. That's why he asked to go on loan again recently. He won't be keen sitting on the bench while another big name and Ba are on the pitch

BBC Sporf ‏@BBCSporf 3m
BREAKING: Arsenal FC confirm they will hold on open-top bus parade around London tomorrow, to celebrate achieving 4th spot.

Last edited:
obviously if you have no ties to england then you won't have the passion fans over there do......but if someone has been pulling for a club for years then you can't act like they don't have some kind of passion for the club they root for

this elitism in being a sports fan is very very corny 
laugh.gif
 ....if someone has been following a club/team or w/e for 5+ years then imo they have some kind of passion....

and the funniest thing about these elitist sports fans is that they're prob the most unathletic folks thats walking on this earth 
laugh.gif

If we loan Lukaku again next season when we have Ba and Torres out there looking foolish i will be pissed. :smh:

Mourinho always said he liked a "Drogba-like" striker.
So he may keep him. and get rid of Torres. Bring in another striker as well. The only issue, is that Lukaku clearly wants to play 90m every game. That's why he asked to go on loan again recently. He won't be keen sitting on the bench while another big name and Ba are on the pitch

There are no "Drogba-like" strikers. There's only Drogba.

At Inter he had Ibra, Milito, and E'to. Higuain/Benzema at Real. All of them had success. Ibra the only one similar to Drogba.

Ancelotti out at PSG. Start up the merry-go-round...Mou to Chelsea, Ancelotti to Madrid, Rafa to PSG?

Mourinho always said he liked a "Drogba-like" striker.
So he may keep him. and get rid of Torres. Bring in another striker as well. The only issue, is that Lukaku clearly wants to play 90m every game. That's why he asked to go on loan again recently. He won't be keen sitting on the bench while another big name and Ba are on the pitch

There are no "Drogba-like" strikers. There's only Drogba.

At Inter he had Ibra, Milito, and E'to. Higuain/Benzema at Real. All of them had success. Ibra the only one similar to Drogba.

When I said Drogba-like I mean't his combo of physical strength speed, and eye for goal. Mourinho has always favoured strikers like that over someone like Chicharito

PSG's class act in handing Beckham the captain's armband for the match against Brest... :pimp:

he was substituted in the 83rd min...

:pimp:

Very cool stuff. Congrats to PSG on being the Champs of France. New kit is dope. And farewell to Beckham....he will be missed. Classy farewell.

The biggest transfer wrangle of the summer looks set to gather pace in the next few weeks – and the Sunday People believe City will be heavily involved.

Atletico Madrid’s Radamel Falcao has become Europe’s hottest property with the Colombian striker seemingly having his pick of some of the biggest clubs in the world.

Dave Kidd of the People suggests the Blues are stealing a march on their rivals by agreeing a deal for the player it seems everyone wants. He writes: “City have met the £54million buy-out clause in the Colombian’s Atletico contract – to snatch him away from incoming Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

“Falcao, has long been one of hottest properties in world football and his signing by City will be a boost for the profile of the Premier League.

Maybe one of you can explain this to me. I haven't seen a single second of Ligue 1 this season.

But PSG won, at the reigns of Ancelotti. I know technically speaking, another manager could have done the same with those resources in that league. But why is there such a huge movement for Ancelotti out? Didn't he do a solid job this season?

And I think some serious questions will be asked of Pardew by his board. Last season, finished 5th with 65 points, this season 16th with 41 points.

I have to agree here. Arsenal fans are consistently talking about Spurs or United or even Chelsea. Everytime United lose, they're the first to come up trolling with all kinds of comments. Everytime I pull an Arsenal fans card on that non-sense they all say "yeah well we KNOW we haven't won in ages, we know we won't win, just let us be" smh all while proceeding to bash Spurs/United/Chelsea/City

Arsenal was celebrating like they won a trophy...I would think at this level CL footy is a given...

LadyArse ‏@LadyArse 2m
Best part of the day, after Kos scoring, was the Sp*rs fans celebrating when they thought Newcastle had scored. Epic.

LadyArse ‏@LadyArse 6m
So, tell me again how awful Arsenal are and how wonderful Spurs are, please, tell me again...

LadyArse ‏@LadyArse 7m
Look at all those miserable spurs fans. Wonderful sights.

BBC Sporf ‏@BBCSporf 3m
BREAKING: Arsenal FC confirm they will hold on open-top bus parade around London tomorrow, to celebrate achieving 4th spot.

SHUT YOUR HYPOCRITICAL *** UP. Complains about Arsenal fans talking about United constantly, yet constantly talks about Arsenal every chance he gets.

+The girl who tweets you posted is from London and is an Arsenal fan. What exactly is your issue with her talking stil about Spurs again? Idiot.

LOL really? Why don't you check the whole season....

I post about everyone, and actually I don't speak of Arsenal as much as you would think (check my posts if you like).

Generally I post what people are talking about.

Generally I talk about my own teams.

Last edited:
yea eiddy talks about everything....he actually keeps me up to date with a lot of **** 
laugh.gif

never seen him target one club w/ straight negativity 

Last edited:
obviously if you have no ties to england then you won't have the passion fans over there do......but if someone has been pulling for a club for years then you can't act like they don't have some kind of passion for the club they root for

laugh.gif

....if someone has been following a club/team or w/e for 5+ years then imo they have some kind of passion....

and the funniest thing about these elitist sports fans is that they're prob the most unathletic folks thats walking on this earth 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Profound statement right here. 

Although you two likely only ready a part of the reply and based your stupid opinions on that, you two missed my point. If not the two of you need lesson in reading comprehension. The point was in reference to how PEOPLE ON NT, IN THIS THREAD, respond and regard other people based on who they support.

As that idiot Eddie shows, some gain a bit of arrogance (ie: "pull their card" :lol:) and run their mouth based on the results of a team from half was across the world from them in most cases. I was referring to the hate/disrespect towards others they dont know, not questioning their fandom.

My point was that we could try and keep it peaceful and keep up with the community but other start feeling themselves and act like people who support a different team cant have an opinion on other teams or that they shouldn't care about results of team around them in their domestic league. (think about that for a second about how ridiculous that is)

Again I want to keep that "Shut up you're a _____ fan" mentality out of this thread. Most of the Arsenal supporters (Myself, Mastermind, etc) dont do that **** and most of the United supporters dont do that **** either and are really pleasant (Sinner, Beans etc). I dont care what people outside of NT react/respond, on here there are plenty of examples of posters who keep it cordial between posters no reason everyone cant get on board.

Last edited:
LOL really? Why don't you check the whole season....

I post about everyone, and actually I don't speak of Arsenal as much as you would think (check my posts if you like).

Generally I post what people are talking about.

Generally I talk about my own teams.

yea eiddy talks about everything....he actually keeps me up to date with a lot of **** 
laugh.gif

never seen him target one club w/ straight negativity 

So why have an issue when others do the same? Because his team wins?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Profound statement right here. 

Although you two likely only ready a part of the reply and based your stupid opinions on that, you two missed my point. If not the two of you need lesson in reading comprehension. The point was in reference to how PEOPLE ON NT, IN THIS THREAD, respond and regard other people based on who they support.

As that idiot Eddie shows, some gain a bit of arrogance (ie: "pull their card" :lol:) and run their mouth based on the results of a team from half was across the world from them in most cases. I was referring to the hate/disrespect towards others they dont know, not questioning their fandom.

My point was that we could try and keep it peaceful and keep up with the community but other start feeling themselves and act like people who support a different team cant have an opinion on other teams or that they shouldn't care about results of team around them in their domestic league. (think about that for a second about how ridiculous that is)

Again I want to keep that "Shut up you're a _____ fan" mentality out of this thread. Most of the Arsenal supporters (Myself, Mastermind, etc) dont do that **** and most of the United supporters dont do that **** either and are really pleasant (Sinner, Beans etc). I dont care what people outside of NT react/respond, on here there are plenty of examples of posters who keep it cordial between posters no reason everyone cant get on board.

I've seemed to ruffle your feathers because I managed to point out a few people who have the mentality of Piers Morgan (which is far more common than you think). I made no personal attack towards anyone here on this board in my statements about Arsenal. Yet here you come running around calling me an idiot, and calling other people's opinions and saying they need a lesson in comprehension. Personal attacks.

Rivalries will exist in this thread, it's part of football, people will always make a few cheap shots back and forth, believe it or not, that's part of the fun of footy. That's something you'll have to accept.
People will also be a fan of football as well as selected clubs or national teams, which means, people will comment on other teams' performance. Something else you'll have to get used to.

By the way, it's Eiddy.

I'm hoping someone can still answer my PSG Ligue 1 Ancelotti question...

why are you so mad trunks? 
roll.gif
lil personal attacks behind the keyboard.....classy

"Shut up you're a _____ fan" mentality out of this thread.

^ I haven't really seen this

and there's nothing wrong w/ trash talk imo.....its what makes being a fan great...

Last edited:
:lol:

Anyways, psg this year has been all ibra. He scored in many close 1 goal games and had critical assists. They're also the most talented team by far

Maybe one of you can explain this to me. I haven't seen a single second of Ligue 1 this season.

But PSG won, at the reigns of Ancelotti. I know technically speaking, another manager could have done the same with those resources in that league. But why is there such a huge movement for Ancelotti out? Didn't he do a solid job this season?

And I think some serious questions will be asked of Pardew by his board. Last season, finished 5th with 65 points, this season 16th with 41 points.

My understanding is Ancelotti wants to leave and become Madrid's coach since Mou is gone...I think Leonardo and the board want him to remain but he seems set on leaving to take on Real. Maybe hes keen on getting out of France with the new tax laws and whatnot...I hope that brings them back to earth though, so that my squad can get back to the top...though Ligue 1 is really gonna suffer for it

Doesn't Pardew still have like 7 yrs left on his deal or something? :lol: I think I saw that when Moyes new contract at ManU runs out pardew will still have a few yrs left at Newcastle

:lol:

Anyways, psg this year has been all ibra. He scored in many close 1 goal games and had critical assists. They're also the most talented team by far

Damn. I would think with all that talent and depth (I mean really, Lavezzi, Ibra, Pastore, Moura Gameiro going forward) they would have steamrolled the league.

I guess the Ligue might become more interesting next season if Monaco get the ridiculous budget they'll probably be allocated.

PSG Ligue 1 Ancelotti question, From what I remember hearing, The team should have run away with the title giving the talent, they didn't. The blame was being placed on Ancelotti.

Back
Top Bottom