The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Ahhh so thats the reason we seemly just cant get along!? The duck mascot in your avy has me subconsciously hot! :lol:

hatchet --> buried. On my end...well thats if you no longer think I'm a snob?

How about on your end Marcus?

Last edited:
Yea it's buried...I'm a Miami hurricane football fan...my avy is Florida gulf coast mascot :lol:

But i am tight with the L we took against y'all in 2000 that kept us from going to the national championship :lol:

^Mind blown I thought that was a duck mascot this whole time! ( The Oregon Duck is 100x more annoying than Piers Morgan when the Ducks come to town)

Awesome vid. :lol:

I'll add this...

p5SIT1w.gif

:lol:

^saw that earlier, it was amazing to say the least, the fans to a team are amazing for this sport that I truly believe is the greatest. I get reminded of that too often. the commentator knew what was up. no speaking... imagine being on the field, communicating to each other but 1 thunderous voice completely surrounding you.
frown.gif
pimp.gif

^saw that earlier, it was amazing to say the least, the fans to a team are amazing for this sport that I truly believe is the greatest. I get reminded of that too often. the commentator knew what was up. no speaking... imagine being on the field, communicating to each other but 1 thunderous voice completely surrounding you.:frown: :pimp:

Reminded me of the Euro 2012. I think it was Ireland vs Spain? When the fans sang Fields of Athenry and the commentators just stayed quiet for the last few min. Wonderful moment in football, and sports.

It's what football is all about...one of the reasons it's the greatest sport is not just the beauty of how it's played, also how it's viewed by the fans.

Reminded me of the Euro 2012. I think it was Ireland vs Spain? When the fans sang Fields of Athenry and the commentators just stayed quiet for the last few min. Wonderful moment in football, and sports.

It's what football is all about...one of the reasons it's the greatest sport is not just the beauty of how it's played, also how it's viewed by the fans.

Completely forgot about Frances new tax laws. I know folks like Moura must be bleak. Isn't it something foolish like 75% tax? I could understand why some highly paid players, and managers would want to get out of France. Which then also makes me wonder, does AS Monaco fall under that tax law?

Yeah that Pardew deal was a bit reckless. He had a sensational season last year, but handing him an 8-year deal was a bit premature. With their low performance this season looks like a few players will be heading for the door (Coloccini, Cisse, Ben Arfa- and who knows who else will join the exodus). And to make things worse, if Newcastle decide to drop him, he has a giant remuneration clause in his contract making Newcastle pay a small fortune.

I'm late in replying here, but no Monaco doesn't apply to the tax law AT THE MOMENT, but they are looking to put legislation in because it's such a tax haven for foreigners.

Completely forgot about Frances new tax laws. I know folks like Moura must be bleak. Isn't it something foolish like 75% tax? I could understand why some highly paid players, and managers would want to get out of France. Which then also makes me wonder, does AS Monaco fall under that tax law?

Yeah that Pardew deal was a bit reckless. He had a sensational season last year, but handing him an 8-year deal was a bit premature. With their low performance this season looks like a few players will be heading for the door (Coloccini, Cisse, Ben Arfa- and who knows who else will join the exodus). And to make things worse, if Newcastle decide to drop him, he has a giant remuneration clause in his contract making Newcastle pay a small fortune.

I'm late in replying here, but no Monaco doesn't apply to the tax law AT THE MOMENT, but they are looking to put legislation in because it's such a tax haven for foreigners.

I wonder why a players agent for a player like Falcao or Tevez would be looking to seal a deal for them there. Those taxes are just insane.

Spuds will always be behind us.

I starting to believe that this will remain true. The Emirates holds about 60k, while White Hart Lane only holds 36k. Lower ticket sales and no champions league football will ensure the future of this club remains the same as the past. I'd be interested to see how Spur's revenue streams are performing from jersey sales, ticket sales, tv rights etc.

Besides, Arsenal seems to be a more international brand than Spurs. I've been to countries all over the world and seen love for Arsenal, Chelsea and United but not so much for Spurs.

I guess they would need a breakout season, increase the size of their grounds, and create a bigger international following....and maybe a different chairman?

Will be tough though with Arsenal, Chelsea, City, United consistently coming in top 4.

I wonder why a players agent for a player like Falcao or Tevez would be looking to seal a deal for them there. Those taxes are just insane.

They would because the agreement from the 19th century with France and Monaco still stands and since they would most likely move there, they would be under the umbrella of the residents that pay 0% income tax in Monaco. They FFF has been fighting trying to say that it's an unfair advantage, and I doubt it's the last that we hear of it now with a wealthy benefactor looking to boost Monaco's status once again.

Here are more official images of the 3 Lions England kit. I love the St. George's cross showing at the 2 vent hems on the Englad shirt. Also if you look at the US shirt, you'll see the stars & strips on the side vent hems.

Is Bale the biggest story going into the off-season?

Whether they happen or not, only time will tell...but the papers will have you believe the biggest stories are

-Bale
-Ronaldo
-Falcao
-Aguero
-Rooney
-Tevez

I think managers will want to pull the trigger after the Confed Cup when they get to see some of their targets in action, like the Euro 2012 season.

Other rumors from today:

-Carlos Tevez is interested in a move to Monaco but would also consider joining Paris St-Germain this summer. (waiting for the "I'm home sick" speech around November)

-Juventus want to sign Carlos Tevez, 29, from Manchester City as well as his fellow Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain, 25, from Real Madrid.

-Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas will target Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho, 26, this summer. (will be tough if the CL teams target him too)

-Liverpool target Christian Eriksen, 21, will turn down Anfield and sign a new contract at Ajax if Brendan Rodgers does not make a £15m offer in the next month.

-Bent, who is set to be told he can leave the Villa Park club this summer, is attracting the interest of Fulham but Villa will have to lower the £12m valuation they placed on him in the January transfer window.

-Hammers boss Sam Allardyce has revealed he is hopeful the London club can tie up a permanent deal for Carroll "as quickly as possible".

Thanks eiddyfouw.

In regards to "free agent", I understand that it doesnt necessarily mean much but I was more referring to the fact that he isnt contractualy bound to Tottenham beyond this past season

You guys forgot about neymar. I think this has lasted longer than the cesc to barca rumor by now

True true.

I just didn't throw his name up there cause I honestly highly doubt he'll go anywhere before trying to win the WC at home, while being a Santos player.

True true.

I just didn't throw his name up there cause I honestly highly doubt he'll go anywhere before trying to win the WC at home, while being a Santos player.
That's gonna be a tough task especially when your next door neighbor has the best player in the world entering his prime while brazil is rebuilding so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom