The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I'm not the biggest Ancelotti fan, but he's not going to get fired after a years time. He'll have a least 3 years & if he hasn't done much then he might get fired.

If he doesn't win a trophy next year, he will be fired.

You're forgetting what Real has done with managers for the past 25 years.

Jupp Heynckes won the CL with Real Madrid and was fired.
mean.gif

Just when I thought barca kits couldn't get any worse... Not feeling these away kits they keep coming up with

It's a Catalan flag kit...

Yeah I know but that doesn't excuse it looking like a bad kit. What if the USA kit was the flag? That would be very tacky. Not knocking on them reppin their pride for cataluna just reminds me of a hot dog or McDonald's worker when I see it

Yea man, that's there flag. It's actually about time they put it on an away jersey. They'll have an alternate too.

What I don't understand about the home jerseys is why the advertisement is in white? Should be yellow. I'm pretty sure I read years ago that Barcelona would never have white on there jerseys.

But then again, they said Barca would never have any advertisement on the jersey in the first place so who knows. But the white needs to go.

Arsenal is one step away from signing jovetic. I think they should be shopping for defenders tho. Sagna is most likely gone jenkinson is still a work in progress and verm went from captain to letting in goal after goal

That'd be a great sign for Arsenal, wish the, the best. They really deserve. I don't like Roony going tho, unless its at a very discounted price.

-Tony Pulis has left Stoke. (comes as no surprise after that shocking season)

-Chelsea target Andre Schurrle, 22, has dropped a big hint that he will be on his way to Stamford Bridge this summer after admitting he has played his last game for Bayer Leverkusen.

-Wigan want £15million for midfielder James McCarthy, 22, who is being targeted by Tottenham as Scott Parker's long-term replacement.

-Sporting Lisbon defender Tiago Ilori, 20, and Schalke's 21-year-old centre-back Kyriako Papadopoulos are being monitored by Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers.

-Liverpool are close to securing the signature of Manchester City defender Kolo Toure, 32, on a free transfer.

-Spurs are planning a clear-out as they plan to build a team around Gareth Bale. Striker Emmanuel Adebayor and forward Clint Dempsey are likely to make way with the Londoners hoping to bring in Aston Villa's Christian Benteke, 22, and Barcelona's David Villa, 31. (unfortunate for Deuce, but it seems he just had one hot season at Fulham and people got excited- but Villa and Benteke would be great options for Spurs)

-Atletico Madrid are ready to let Manchester City target Falcao, 27, leave as a reward for delivering Champions League football to the club.

-Lyon are interested in Gervinho (i'm not even an Arsenal fan, but I can share their celebration in watching him leave the prem, he was disastrous)

-Paolo Di Canio has now banned sugar and tomato ketchup from the canteen at the training ground at Sunderland (lol)

Man City and the Yankees going joint on the New York City Football Club.

After three years of discussions and negotiations, Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber announced on Tuesday that English Premier League powerhouse Manchester City FC and Major League Baseball's legendary New York Yankees have teamed up to acquire MLS's 20th expansion club.

The new team will be named New York City Football Club (NYCFC) and is expected to begin play in 2015.

“We proudly welcome two of the most prestigious professional global sports organizations to Major League Soccer,” Garber said in a statement released by the league. “This is a transformational development that will elevate the league to new heights in this country. The New York area is home to more than 19 million people, and we look forward to an intense crosstown rivalry between New York City Football Club and the New York Red Bulls that will captivate this great city.”

“New York is a legendary sports town, as well as a thriving global city with a rapidly expanding soccer fan-base,” said Ferran Soriano, CEO of Manchester City. “We are thrilled to contribute to the energy and growth of New York City Soccer. In the Yankees, we have found the absolute best partner for developing a world-class sports organization and a winning team that will carry the New York City Football Club name with pride.”

Follow @NYCFC on Twitter

Manchester City will be the majority owner, according to the league's announcement, while the Yankees will play an active role in the ownership group, with Yankees President Randy Levine playing point for the ballclub.

Wonder why more MLS team don't set up deals with bigger clubs. Get the younger players that need to play to get some burn in America. Kinda like a summer league for the EPL. lol

Wonder why more MLS team don't set up deals with bigger clubs. Get the younger players that need to play to get some burn in America. Kinda like a summer league for the EPL. lol

Costs are not cheap.

Interesting NYC move though, I wonder where the stadium will be.

I guess they're setting up a derby situation there with the red bulls...

Chelsea and barca both set up youth academies here in bmore. Or they adopted 2 different existing clubs here and are training kids

Edit: nvm I guess I can't read, but that's what the summer tours are for

Last edited:
Wait so New York will have 3 football teams? Redd Bulls, Cosmos, and now NYFC?

Wow.

I wouldn't know who to choose to follow, even tho the MLS is such a joke.

I've heard Monaco is courting James Rodriguez and Moutinho, on top of Falcao.

I thought City would have signed Jovetic a year ago, with Dzeko shuttling out of Eastlands.

There's no way Moyes allows Wazza's departure within the league at a discounted fee (Arsenal). If United is going to sell Rooney, do it outside the league to PSG or Madrid at an inflated transfer evaluation.

Here are more transfer rumors from Goal.com..

- Liverpool want Ron-Robert Zieler
- Capello & Mancini join Benitez in PSG running
- Real Madrid keen on Lewandowski & Isco
- Monaco complete €70m move for Moutinho & James Rodriguez
- Napoli looking at Dzeko and Torres
- Inter to appoint Mazzarri
- Benitez, Blanc or Leonardo to replace Ancelotti
- Chelsea keen to sign Mario Gomez
- Arsenal target €22.5m Higuain move
- Barca prepare Kompany bid

Back
Top Bottom