The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

^Shows you the extent of my knowledge.

Appreciate the insight.

If it isnt up until 2016 why does it feel as though its a foregone conclusion he departs this summer?

? Bale's current contract with spurs doesn't end until 2016. Plus, it's pretty much confirmed that he's signed another contract with us. Bale isn't going anywhere (for now).

Money talks, there's a reason clubs put exorbitant buyout clauses in players contracts.
And so does cl football.

True true.

I just didn't throw his name up there cause I honestly highly doubt he'll go anywhere before trying to win the WC at home, while being a Santos player.
That's gonna be a tough task especially when your next door neighbor has the best player in the world entering his prime while brazil is rebuilding so to speak.

I agree, but he has to try. For the love of Pele lol he has to try....

Out of those players you listed, is Bale the only "free agent"?

? Bale's current contract with spurs doesn't end until 2016. Plus, it's pretty much confirmed that he's signed another contract with us. Bale isn't going anywhere (for now).

I wouldn't bet for one split second that Bale will be at Spurs next season. He may not end up at Madrid, but I'm quite confident he'll play CL city next season. A player of his quality deserves to play at the top..

^Shows you the extent of my knowledge.

Appreciate the insight.

If it isnt up until 2016 why does it feel as though its a foregone conclusion he departs this summer?

Contracts don't really mean anything in football. If a club offers enough money, or if the player wants to leave, the club would be forced to sell.

Bale seems happy where he is, and I can't see us selling him for any price. We forced Modric to stay for another year before selling, the same will probably happen with Bale

I wouldn't bet for one split second that Bale will be at Spurs next season. He may not end up at Madrid, but I'm quite confident he'll play CL city next season. A player of his quality deserves to play at the top..

Gareth Bale agrees new £130,000-a-week Tottenham contract - but can leave next season for £50m

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ut-can-leave-next-season-for-50m-8623959.html

Tottenham boss André Villas-Boas on Gareth Bale: "I've told you this 100 times, he's staying, that's the information I've had from the top."

Gareth Bale agrees new £130,000-a-week Tottenham contract - but can leave next season for £50m

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ut-can-leave-next-season-for-50m-8623959.html

Tottenham boss André Villas-Boas on Gareth Bale: "I've told you this 100 times, he's staying, that's the information I've had from the top."

I stand corrected.

I see Levy is trying to push that price up...that's a gamble cause if his form dips on them his value will drop significantly.

But then again, knowing Levy, it wouldn't surprise me if he signed this last minute deal to ensure he gets maximum value for Bale right now.

More so I'm surprised he's happy to not be in the CL....

Last edited:
Happy birthday to Iker Casillas.

In related news, Madrid confirm that Mou is leaving at end of season.

Plain white top and blue shorts has always been England's traditional colors, are you expecting flashy designs?

Plain white top and blue shorts has always been England's traditional colors, are you expecting flashy designs?
I'm aware of that, but I was expecting a little more than just a blue-collar. 

I quite liked the Umbro designs.  They weren't flashy.

Last edited:
-Ancelotti is leaving PSG for Real Madrid.
-Pellegrini is expected to be the new manager of Manchester City.
-Benitez to coach at Napoli next season.
-Luis Enrique to replace Ancelotti at PSG.
-Dani Alves open to a move to PSG or Monaco.
-Tevez is garnering interest from Juvenus, PSG, and Monaco.
-Higuain might be headed to Juventus next season.
-Ronaldo probably staying put at Real Madrid.
-Rio Ferdinand signs a 1-year extension at Man U.

^^ but I thought United have first right of refusal for him to come to the prem. If that's the case, Mourinho will never see Ronaldo again in the dressing room. Glazers will will source a loan from China if they have to, to get that money for him.

How do they come up with these chants lol

There's a major fan called Pete Boyle who has come up with so many chants and songs, he's dropped an album lol

Most of them start off in the pub before or after the game...with someone standing on a table and belching out slurred lyrics...

Back
Top Bottom